The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like someone is going to be rumming today

HA!

Dude, school checkout today for summer too, so 9 out of 10 times you'd be right...

Sadly the Doc is on call and I'm solo with the Miles Trio. Ooof.

HA!

Dude, school checkout today for summer too, so 9 out of 10 times you'd be right...

man I fear for you when they get a touch older. I just picture them tying you to a flag pole.

HA!

Lotte old enough to help play zone defense with the twins? If not, godspeed Mr. Miles!

man I fear for you when they get a touch older. I just picture them tying you to a flag pole.

With 2 of 3 I'm safe from that I think.

Magnolia though.....

Lotte old enough to help play zone defense with the twins? If not, godspeed Mr. Miles!

She's all in on helping 80% of the time. LOL

She's all in on helping 80% of the time. LOL

until she ends up sitting in a directors chair shouting orders to the twins haha

until she ends up sitting in a directors chair shouting orders to the twins haha

She's not yet figured out how much they adore her.

Yet.

Our local news here showing the storms there in OKC..said they caught what appears to be a twister on live tv. @jman and those in the area stay safe!!

Our local news here showing the storms there in OKC..said they caught what appears to be a twister on live tv. @jman and those in the area stay safe!!
I'm at work. Radar looks sketchy, but it's nice outside right now.
283186e319b9ec12f8cfa62ddb229a31.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Been pretty active so far. Line keeps shifting south, pretty sure we will end up in shelter tonight at some point.

Been pretty active so far. Line keeps shifting south, pretty sure we will end up in shelter tonight at some point.

good luck man.

I have a 6:20am flight this morning, so I set my alarm for 4am, but I was awake at 3 and through security before 4:30am. With how early I am here I could have gotten on the 5am flight haha. Oh well, at least I was able to get first class the whole way, so I am not complaining. But JB better have the biggest coffee possible for me when he picks me up in ATL.

tenor.gif

I have a 6:20am flight this morning, so I set my alarm for 4am, but I was awake at 3 and through security before 4:30am. With how early I am here I could have gotten on the 5am flight haha. Oh well, at least I was able to get first class the whole way, so I am not complaining. But JB better have the biggest coffee possible for me when he picks me up in ATL.

tenor.gif

Wow, early riser today. I’ll wave as you fly over or should I say as you land.

Sick and injured leading into a four day weekend is no fun!

tenor.gif

All part of the job description isn't it? :alien:

kind of a long and rambling post, but tl;dr i'm crossing my fingers that this works out, where my wife is probably hoping it doesn't

my wife is a pharmacist. she has good earning potential. the problem is, she doesn't really love the profession. that said, it's a struggle to make ends meet on just my income. so she floats at stores when the fte takes pto. there's another type of work the company does that she would prefer to do, but they only hire fte no part-timers. she's been asking for years for a 20hr/wk position at this location, but is always told they don't do that, only fte. well, wouldn't you know, the company just hired a 20hr/wk employee who just so happens to be the wife of the vp of the company. what a coincidence! my wife is obviously very frustrated by this.

but she found out they are going to open a 30hr/wk position. that's more than she wants to work, but it would be an opportunity to get face-time with the management of that location, and maybe get a 20hr/wk position if they open one up. the woman they just hired for that 20hr job is commuting over an hour a day, so she could definitely burn out, and my wife wants to be considered if it becomes available.

it will take some logistical schedule juggling, and my busy season will be a challenge for my kids. but it would be game-changing to have that extra income, and it may be a step in the direction she's been trying to go for years. i'm excited about it, she is focusing on all the reasons not to do it.

kind of a long and rambling post, but tl;dr i'm crossing my fingers that this works out, where my wife is probably hoping it doesn't

my wife is a pharmacist. she has good earning potential. the problem is, she doesn't really love the profession. that said, it's a struggle to make ends meet on just my income. so she floats at stores when the fte takes pto. there's another type of work the company does that she would prefer to do, but they only hire fte no part-timers. she's been asking for years for a 20hr/wk position at this location, but is always told they don't do that, only fte. well, wouldn't you know, the company just hired a 20hr/wk employee who just so happens to be the wife of the vp of the company. what a coincidence! my wife is obviously very frustrated by this.

but she found out they are going to open a 30hr/wk position. that's more than she wants to work, but it would be an opportunity to get face-time with the management of that location, and maybe get a 20hr/wk position if they open one up. the woman they just hired for that 20hr job is commuting over an hour a day, so she could definitely burn out, and my wife wants to be considered if it becomes available.

it will take some logistical schedule juggling, and my busy season will be a challenge for my kids. but it would be game-changing to have that extra income, and it may be a step in the direction she's been trying to go for years. i'm excited about it, she is focusing on all the reasons not to do it.

That's a tough spot to be in, but hopefully it works out for you. We are in a similar boat in that my wife can free lance, but at times it feels like all the jobs come at the wrong time with our personal schedule. Our girls are older so it is easier, but her hours are dynamic from job to job and that makes scheduling a nightmare at times.

Hopefully, no matter what, you two are able to come to a mutual conclusion/solution. Happiness in your job makes so many other things easier to deal with. It's tough to see the other person get a job she was told doesn't exist, so maybe she'll be able to get the 30hr/wk gig that will morph into the part time one.

That's a tough spot to be in, but hopefully it works out for you. We are in a similar boat in that my wife can free lance, but at times it feels like all the jobs come at the wrong time with our personal schedule. Our girls are older so it is easier, but her hours are dynamic from job to job and that makes scheduling a nightmare at times.

my kids REALLY struggled this past tax season with me working long hours. it took us both off guard, because i've always worked those kinds of hours, so it's not like this was brand new for anybody. my wife is concerned that losing both of us to jobs would be too much for the boys to handle.

Hopefully, no matter what, you two are able to come to a mutual conclusion/solution. Happiness in your job makes so many other things easier to deal with. It's tough to see the other person get a job she was told doesn't exist, so maybe she'll be able to get the 30hr/wk gig that will morph into the part time one.

the timing of this is too funny. we just had a long and somewhat uncomfortable talk the other night about her vision for her job now that the boys are older. we weren't really on the same page about that vision lol! then this opportunity comes up. i think it's an answer to prayer, but i just want her to be happy with whatever direction she decides to go.

the timing of this is too funny. we just had a long and somewhat uncomfortable talk the other night about her vision for her job now that the boys are older. we weren't really on the same page about that vision lol! then this opportunity comes up. i think it's an answer to prayer, but i just want her to be happy with whatever direction she decides to go.

We've certainly found over the years that if we're at least comfortable with each other's job decisions, regarding hours/week and/or overtime options, it's far easier to deal with the salary outcome.

Sick and injured leading into a four day weekend is no fun!

that was me all last week, minus the 4 day weekend part.

Has she considered a ‘career’ change/adjustment? Maybe I can suggest a couple options from my field, text me and we can chat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has she considered a ‘career’ change/adjustment? Maybe I can suggest a couple options from my field, text me and we can chat.

i’ll text you. she would be amazing in your field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

i’ll text you. she would be amazing in your field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gotta love THP connections bringing on potential opportunity!

@McLovin I feel your pain. My wife is a nurse and has been working less and less as our family has grown putting more stress on me and my job/earnings. I guess that is somewhat of a natural progression.

I’m fine taking on the responsibility of able as long as my family is healthy and happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back