The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a beautiful day in Philly. Its been fun but time to go home.

In about 2 hours I'm leaving my boring workplace to go play golf for the rest of the day. Then grabbing the kids/dogs and heading up to the lake for the weekend and the first of multiple celebrations for my dad's 70th birthday. Cigars and beers purchased already and need to pick up a bottle of scotch on my way. Also having Pig roast on Saturday. Looking forward to some relaxation

you deserve it. have a blast!

I bet this floor is super clean

82cd60fe05fd0c28ec327309606ed39b.jpg

So glad I snuck my clubs in the trunk. The in-laws will be there for 4 days so I have lots of time to play golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one might be better

da572cde9615f71cc6e27a590e07f118.jpg

Oh dear god that’s worse. So much foot traffic in the main walkway. Someone should squirt them with sanitizer before getting on the plane.

Oh dear god that’s worse. So much foot traffic in the main walkway. Someone should squirt them with sanitizer before getting on the plane.

So much yes.

9449843569b2848cd5b57f24e88d895b.jpg

They too must have seen people laying on the floor of an airport. Freakin woof

It’s a good look for a flight attendant

In about 2 hours I'm leaving my boring workplace to go play golf for the rest of the day. Then grabbing the kids/dogs and heading up to the lake for the weekend and the first of multiple celebrations for my dad's 70th birthday. Cigars and beers purchased already and need to pick up a bottle of scotch on my way. Also having Pig roast on Saturday. Looking forward to some relaxation

Cigars and beers!

Enjoy it my man!

Finally arrived in Norfolk. Looking forward to thanking some military members for their service and seeing the town again.

Finally arrived in Norfolk. Looking forward to thanking some military members for their service and seeing the town again.

How long was the delay? Hopefully didn’t impact agenda... safe travels

How long was the delay? Hopefully didn’t impact agenda... safe travels

2 hours or so. Nothing life changing haha.
We are good to go. Thanks.

Not for nothing, but just a friendly reminder it’s Memorial Day weekend not Veterans Day or Armed Forces Day. A time for people to remember those that have passed/been killed in action. While thanking military members for their service is always a nice gesture, some may not take it very well as they know it isn’t “their time”.

Not sure if you have ever come across that, but I’ve seen it and also had to remind people that this weekend isn’t about me, but those before me that gave the ultimate sacrifice. And while they said they knew, it just didn’t feel right to me for them to be saying “thanks” to me no matter how sincere and thankful they are/were to military personnel.

Not for nothing, but just a friendly reminder it’s Memorial Day weekend not Veterans Day or Armed Forces Day. A time for people to remember those that have passed/been killed in action. While thanking military members for their service is always a nice gesture, some may not take it very well as they know it isn’t “their time”.

Not sure if you have ever come across that, but I’ve seen it and also had to remind people that this weekend isn’t about me, but those before me that gave the ultimate sacrifice. And while they said they knew, it just didn’t feel right to me for them to be saying “thanks” to me no matter how sincere and thankful they are/were to military personnel.
I can see that, but I don't see anything wrong with a civilian thanking someone for their service on Memorial Day. I mean, they're allowed to 364 (365 during leap years) days each year, but one day they're not supposed to?

I think it's more important to train (for lack of a better word) people not to use the phrase "Happy Memorial Day" since it's not intended to be a happy, but somber, day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Definitely aware and thanks for reminder. Family is here and part of the armed forces.

I can see that, but I don't see anything wrong with a civilian thanking someone for their service on Memorial Day. I mean, they're allowed to 364 (365 during leap years) days each year, but one day they're not supposed to?

I think it's more important to train (for lack of a better word) people not to use the phrase "Happy Memorial Day" since it's not intended to be a happy, but somber, day.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I didn’t say that JB shouldn’t or that someone shouldn’t thank service members just because it’s Memorial Day. Nor did I say something was wrong with it. But my reasoning for reminding people that the day isn’t about me, is I don’t want the loss of others do be muddled.

I was just letting him know that not everyone he thanks will take his sincere appreciation of what they do as a kind gesture. Some take the loss of a fellow service member very personal, especially if it happened right in front of them. And to be thanked for their service when their buddy is not around can be very a painful thing to them.

I’ve personally never heard someone say “Happy Memorial Day” but if I did the question they would get in return is “what’s happy about it?” Then am explanation as to why they should REALLY work on not saying that again.

Havent had much THP time for a bit. Happy it is the weekend. Might even get a chance to play a bit with the nice weather.

Havent had much THP time for a bit. Happy it is the weekend. Might even get a chance to play a bit with the nice weather.

Hope all is well buddy.

Waking up at the cottage for the first time this year. Coffee ready. Kiddo snoozing and the doggo on the deck.

Finally feeling like summer.

Waking up at the cottage for the first time this year. Coffee ready. Kiddo snoozing and the doggo on the deck.

Finally feeling like summer.

Such a nice feeling. Im on day 6 or so of a 10 day traveling stretch, but two decent night's sleep in a row, has me feeling ready for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back