The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning Josh, this all seems vaguely familiar. I hope you get to your own bed this evening.

Haha. Flight canceled but they rerouted us to philly and then home from there. Still got our upgrade too.

So only a couple of hours delayed. All good

Haha. Flight canceled but they rerouted us to philly and then home from there. Still got our upgrade too.

So only a couple of hours delayed. All good
You have the worst luck of anyone I know.

You've been delayed as much this week as I have been in the last 3 years. I'm glad you didn't get stuck.

You have the worst luck of anyone I know.

You've been delayed as much this week as I have been in the last 3 years. I'm glad you didn't get stuck.

I think it comes with the territory of frequent traveling. Sure it’s 5 times in a row, but also 5 times in about 10 months.

Well, that direction should at least keep you out of the weather.

Two out of theee? Delayed. Maintenance. Concerned for cancellation and missing connector.

This EXACT thing has happened seemingly a LOT lately for people all over the country. Amanda had two canceled eight hours before they left for maintenance and then three more that were just delayed multiple times.

Just seems to be happening a lot. Particularly with American.

This EXACT thing has happened seemingly a LOT lately for people all over the country. Amanda had two canceled eight hours before they left for maintenance and then three more that were just delayed multiple times.

Just seems to be happening a lot. Particularly with American.

It’s all of them. Partially because less planes right now I’d assume.

The airline was awesome. Called us over, booked us a new couple of flights and included our first class upgrades. We hustled down and bordered. Next stop cheesesteakville for an hour before finally seeing Arrow this afternoon.

That's primarily our issue. Still canceling around 60 flights per day due to the Max. When the June 8th (?) sched begins, all of them will have been removed, so shouldn't have to cancel anymore flights due to the that. When they return, we'll actually have some spares for awhile......that's provided they come back before September.

Oh, @JB, lots of turbulence reports in the Philly area, so don't wait on those drinks, or you may get to wear them. :) Primarily light to moderate chop, so nothing severe at this time.

Oh, @JB, lots of turbulence reports in the Philly area, so don't wait on those drinks, or you may get to wear them. :) Primarily light to moderate chop, so nothing severe at this time.

I hate turbulence. I start thinking about the wings flexing up and down a couple million times. Little stress cracks start forming and eventually the wing is just gonna crack off. How old is this plane?

Thanks partner. We are on a small 700 to Philly and then 321 back to FL. Maybe the chop will make me hungry for a cheesesteak

The airline was awesome. Called us over, booked us a new couple of flights and included our first class upgrades. We hustled down and bordered. Next stop cheesesteakville for an hour before finally seeing Arrow this afternoon.

You know that’s a point I hadn’t thought about.

Was same with me and Amanda, vouchers and upgrades on all but one trip, that one had me end up having to pay for a one way rental car to drive home to Tulsa from Dallas, which sucked! Haha

I hate turbulence. I start thinking about the wings flexing up and down a couple million times. Little stress cracks start forming and eventually the wing is just gonna crack off. How old is this plane?

Part of the design and certification of new aircraft is testing max wing flexing. Back when they were designing the 777, there was a PBS (I think) doc on "building the 777" and one part was the wing and the testing it goes through.

(Just found the video)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ai2HmvAXcU0

That's to just say that the wings of a modern airliners are pretty incredible at what loads they can withstand. I know that doesn't necessarily help your concern of metal fatigue, but we just have to keep hoping that they inspectors are doing their jobs well, when each aircraft has its periodic inspections.

Flew to the D.R. this morning because the Customer insisted and low and behold they have not even got my port pass done, may end up sitting in the hotel all day and could have been golfing...someday I will learn.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Full day of rain ahead so no golf today. That's probably a good thing because my legs are tired. Just calculated that I walked 50 miles on the golf course between Thursday evening and Sunday afternoon. Add 500+ swings to the mix and you have a full body workout...kinda.

I can’t watch that Marlo Thomas St Jude commercial without thinking about this amazing community.

Wife and mother-in-law are headed to Raleigh to see Paul McCartney! So, Sicilia and myself are at HWY 55!

Attachments

• IMG_9668.JPG
    IMG_9668.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 0
Emotionally exhausted.

9th wedding anniversary and first memorial day visit to see my sister without my father.

No desire to even turn on the grill....need a second wind lol

So I get home from golfing to a tornado warning and sirens. It’s still pretty nice out

Anyone deal with Alligent Air recently? Thinking of taking the LAS-RAP flight. Man I hope there’s something normal to eat in South Dakota

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am either extremely allergic to Ohio, or Cal-ergies have struck again.

Ugh. Misery in my brain face.

Both?
Good news you are leaving twice this summer

Stay safe

Thanks, worst thing that’s happened so far is getting soaked grabbing patio furniture cushions in case it got windy.

Narrator: it didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back