The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it sad that earlier I refused to take 4 minutes to walk down to the hotel parking ramp to get something out of my truck but I have now decided I want ice cream and am walking half a mile to an ice cream shop?

I just got done with a 1 mile walk, trying to do it every night and may even start jogging.

I just got done with a 1 mile walk, trying to do it every night and may even start jogging.
Running. There is no jog. Just do it. You'll be glad you did. Start out slow and short and build up gradually. I ran this morning for only the 2nd time since my half marathon in December. Gotta start it again. I feel so sluggish when I don't run.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I've been at my current job for almost 11 years. I went to look at another workplace this evening, interestingly enough it's run by my former boss who left my hospital a couple of years ago. Change scares the crap out of me and it would be slightly longer shifts that I work right now, but the environment that I saw tonight just seemed so much more enjoyable than where I'm at right now. It's a weird feeling to consider leaving a place where I've been at for so long, but I think I might be ready for it.

Is it sad that earlier I refused to take 4 minutes to walk down to the hotel parking ramp to get something out of my truck but I have now decided I want ice cream and am walking half a mile to an ice cream shop?

Is not sad.... smart.... You're burning extra calories by walking to get ice cream.... I would have walked 4 mins to hotel parking ramp and drove half a mile for ice cream :angel:

Have you noticed more and more people include "right" at the end of their sentences?

It's kinda like Canada's version of eh, right?

Nwto.gif

I've been at my current job for almost 11 years. I went to look at another workplace this evening, interestingly enough it's run by my former boss who left my hospital a couple of years ago. Change scares the crap out of me and it would be slightly longer shifts that I work right now, but the environment that I saw tonight just seemed so much more enjoyable than where I'm at right now. It's a weird feeling to consider leaving a place where I've been at for so long, but I think I might be ready for it.
Another hospital or different setting entirely?

Have you noticed more and more people include "right" at the end of their sentences?

It's kinda like Canada's version of eh, right?

Nwto.gif

I know right?

That drives me nuts!!!

Don’t tempt me with a good time - I’ll come up to OHIO. I can’t move there (despite your protestations) but I want to get beat down by that home course of yours.

I was dreading going to O-H-I-O but now I have a reason - call me maybe @Canadan ?

More golf?

Another hospital or different setting entirely?

Pediatric urgent care facility in a suburban area. "Adult" urgent care facilities are everywhere, but pediatric urgent care facilities are starting to pop up around here.

More golf?

Sadly no. But I think that I need to do this. Doesn't hurt that the money would probably be better at the new place as compared to what I'm making now.

Pediatric urgent care facility in a suburban area. "Adult" urgent care facilities are everywhere, but pediatric urgent care facilities are starting to pop up around here.

Sadly no. But I think that I need to do this. Doesn't hurt that the money would probably be better at the new place as compared to what I'm making now.
One popped up here late in my pediatric years. I only went once or twice, I know I went for stitches once, but my sister went a good bit. It was definitely a good option to have.

FWIW, the biggest regret/mistake I have had in my 42 years (!?) in the workforce has been staying too long at the fair, whether from loyalty, an "I can fix this" attitude (I couldn't - God couldn't), or complacency/comfort. I can count three times I shoulda made a move sooner.

Evening all. Hope you all are doing well.

battled dry, itchy, red eyes all day and my work day was packed with meetings so I'm catching up on emails and trying to catch up on THP at the same time! Hope everyone had a productive day!

It was a normal day but at least I was able to hit a few balls on the way home.. It's not quite Haig Point but at least I got some work in..
09e12c08a9dd2146995bbca169d25916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It was a normal day but at least I was able to hit a few balls on the way home.. It's not quite Haig Point but at least I got some work in..
09e12c08a9dd2146995bbca169d25916.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Today.... was a good day!

The Official Banter Away Thread

On the next episode of “Weird airport happenings”......

An entire team of middle aged wheel chair bound basketball players are on my flight! Now....this is awesome in a bunch of ways but the “if you need assistance boarding the plane line” is literally 16 people deep. 13 ballers and 3 really old people. Lol. A 1/3 of the plane will be boarded before they call first class (which I’m not in)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of big storms rolling thru today, wife just texted me and said was just had a quick burst of pea size hail. Guess Spring has arrived on the plains.

Just missed out by one spot for a $500 gift card to take a flight 4 hours from now. Damn that would’ve been awesome lol. Needed 4 peeps and I was 5th in line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love days like today. Got tons of work done.
Launched Truvis Immortal
Signups for Shaft Up means two more lucky THpers are going to win a free trip and gear
Signups for Bstone Fit Like a Pro mean another lucky THPer is going to win a free trip and gear.

This is a lot of fun. I like fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back