The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think tax breaks and/or compensation for higher ups is a smaller gap to regular employees. WalMart's prices and Target's prices haven't exactly skyrocketed. You can still get 3 dollar shirts and 88 cent socks. Aldi grocery stores pay like 11 an hour to cashiers and you can still get 1.25 strawberries. I think companies as a whole fortune 500 and so could lower compensation for CEOs and board members and spread the income to employees and "eat" a raise in the minimum wage, but for some reason it isn't really fathomable to our society that happens, it's more they still make 25-30 million a year and for lower wages to make more we have to raise prices. I think that is a whole separate issue.

I meant the places you mentioned where you and your wife work that raised everyone's pay.

After playing horrible golf yesterday I flipped a switch today and finally beat my brother straight up for the first time in probably 10 years this morning! Plus I got to spend the whole time sharing a cart with my dad who rarely plays anymore. That was a great way to start the day.

Thats awesome KEV.

I meant the places you mentioned where you and your wife work that raised everyone's pay.

No we actually have been bringing on staff in compliance, and wholesale operations. My wife's job is seeking to hire like 300 new nurses and doctors, and is expanding.

No we actually have been bringing on staff in compliance, and wholesale operations. My wife's job is seeking to hire like 300 new nurses and doctors, and is expanding.

Do you think if a McDonald's franchise upped everyone's pay, that they would start expanding?

Do you think if a McDonald's franchise upped everyone's pay, that they would start expanding?

If by expansion you mean raising McDouble's to $4.99 and closing lots of locations, then yes.

Probably not, they would just counter that increase by expanding the number of ordering kiosks in the lobby.

Probably not, they would just counter that increase by expanding the number of ordering kiosks in the lobby.

Self ordering kiosks and self checkouts. Seeing those everywhere these days.

This is pretty much it. Ordering on apps and kiosks have taken over for not just McDonald's but other fast food places. It is a double edged sword and as I said earlier I don't think $15 is the answer, but the minimum wage is too low. The American tax payer has become a 2nd form of income for those at minimum wage since there are what, between 20 and 40 million full time workers using assistance because they don't make enough. There is no easy answer and there is no full proof solution since we as a country have let it get to the point it's at now.

The sliding scale should have been used from the start and this would be less of an issue, but again here we are. I don't know the answer because that isn't what I do, I am in accounting and corporate lending not economics.

since we as a country have let it get to the point it's at now.

There are a lot of things we as a country have let go and its to the point now of no return. A LOT

I just spent the last 2.5 hours pressure washing the pavers in the front of the house and my back pool/patio area. My fingers have blisters, my feet and back are killing me, but damn if am not happy with how good it looks out there now. The pool was filthy from all the debris that got in there from the pressure washing, but I as so dirty I had to go in anyway to get all the dirt off me and it was the greatest pool experience of my life. It felt amazing!

I just spent the last 2.5 hours pressure washing the pavers in the front of the house and my back pool/patio area. My fingers have blisters, my feet and back are killing me, but damn if am not happy with how good it looks out there now. The pool was filthy from all the debris that got in there from the pressure washing, but I as so dirty I had to go in anyway to get all the dirt off me and it was the greatest pool experience of my life. It felt amazing!

I told Michelle our next house will have a pool. Those days I come in from golfing I’m diving right in and i imagine it will be glorious.

A side note I love the feeling after cleaning up the yard. I’m beat and tired, but man I love how the finished product looks.

Where I work, we had been without a union contract for 2 years (the college/government doesn't want to negotiate).

We finally accept an agreement, mainly to just not be without a contract. Calls for a wage increase in years 3 and 4. Because of working without the contract, we are technically now in year 3.

My total take with the new wage increase? 16 cents an hour.... $ 11.60 every two weeks.
Our parking rates are going from $8 a month, to $28 a month..... so we give all of it back pretty much.

Good thing we held out for 2 years!

Where I work, we had been without a union contract for 2 years (the college/government doesn't want to negotiate).

We finally accept an agreement, mainly to just not be without a contract. Calls for a wage increase in years 3 and 4. Because of working without the contract, we are technically now in year 3.

My total take with the new wage increase? 16 cents an hour.... $ 11.60 every two weeks.
Our parking rates are going from $8 a month, to $28 a month..... so we give all of it back pretty much.

Good thing we held out for 2 years!

Sounds like some of the "merit" increases here. You get a 2 percent raise! parking is going up 3%...smh

We did this to the driveway, walk way, and patio about a month ago. It looks really good when completed.

I told Michelle our next house will have a pool. Those days I come in from golfing I’m diving right in and i imagine it will be glorious.

A side note I love the feeling after cleaning up the yard. I’m beat and tired, but man I love how the finished product looks.

With kids, you will get a ton of use out of the pool. We definitely don't use it anywhere near as much as we should. I wish it wasn't so filthy from all the debris that went into today or I would have swam laps for a while, it felt so good in there.

We did this to the driveway, walk way, and patio about a month ago. It looks really good when completed.

It looks so much better. A big problem for me is that we have pavers and no matter how many times I pick weeds they just keep coming back, and it hurts so bad to pick them so the pressure washer is a great way to get rid of them too.

Finally on vacation! Heading up to Northern Michigan with the family and going to Mackinac Island for the first time. My daughter is going to go crazy for the horse drawn carriage rides. This is some much needed time away as each day I contemplate if I should be looking for other employment.

Live PD night! Let’s goooooo

My power is out. Again. But I’m just happy it will be on again before the Open starts again. So yeah, I’ll lose 10 lbs at night from sweat but I’ll be watching again.

I’d forgotten, or perhaps blocked out, the joys of puppy training.

She’s lucky she’s freaking adorable.

I’d forgotten, or perhaps blocked out, the joys of puppy training.

She’s lucky she’s freaking adorable.

And that is why we haven't added a second dog! Babies and puppies, both have to be so cute so we will put up with their crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back