The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
KEV;n8874074 said:
Well tomorrow I head back to work at my new company. It's been a nice break and I'm feeling refreshed and excited for a new challenge. I think my wife is going to struggle with the household chores not being done when she comes home anymore though!

Good luck on the first day of work brother!!! Hope it’s a great one for you.

Reactions: KEV
wubears71;n8873792 said:
The majority of the people I know cannot even change a spare tire. Yet, when they have car troubles the first thing they do is pop the hood as look around as if some divine intervention is going to point to what is wrong and they will be able to fix it without a car mechanic.

#Guilty

Although I can change a spare, and the oil, and my brakes if I have to. Beyond that though....”yep the engine is still there, better try to start it again after slamming the hood”

I've gotten more notifications today than I had in the 2+ years since I signed up.

Reactions: JB
wubears71;n8873792 said:
The majority of the people I know cannot even change a spare tire. Yet, when they have car troubles the first thing they do is pop the hood as look around as if some divine intervention is going to point to what is wrong and they will be able to fix it without a car mechanic.

This is so incredibly true. I can't tell you how many times I've tried to help someone and made the mistake of asking what they've already tried. That just causes them to start making stuff up and it often ends up getting silly.

Duffer Waldorf;n8874877 said:
I've gotten more notifications today than I had in the 2+ years since I signed up.

You can adjust them in your settings. They do work well, which is something we know Tapatalk users have struggled with.

Duffer Waldorf;n8874877 said:

I had to manually unsubscribed from 150+ threads. I didn't see a select all so just took the time to unsubscribe. I don't get the notifications anymore

Canadan;n8874907 said:
I'm not having that trouble. Is it a tapa thing exclusively?

We heard for months that Tapatalk users were not getting notifications from quotes, tags, etc. That was one of the reasons behind this heavy switch.
Now the forum notifications are working directly (not Tapatalk) and people can be tagged directly in the forum. There are a slew of things you can set in notifications for what you want to hear about.

JB;n8874922 said:
We heard for months that Tapatalk users were not getting notifications from quotes, tags, etc. That was one of the reasons behind this heavy switch.
Now the forum notifications are working directly (not Tapatalk) and people can be tagged directly in the forum. There are a slew of things you can set in notifications for what you want to hear about.

Yeah Tapatalk was just failing miserably for notifications. I dig the new notification options, and tagging people is much fun
KEVPKorfCanadan

Reactions: KEV
JB;n8874897 said:
You can adjust them in your settings. They do work well, which is something we know Tapatalk users have struggled with.

I like it, especially since I'm not default-subscribed to every thread I post in now.

SlightDraw;n8874913 said:
I had to manually unsubscribed from 150+ threads. I didn't see a select all so just took the time to unsubscribe. I don't get the notifications anymore

I'm whittling away at 600+ subscriptions, but only got notifications for PMs previously, even in the desktop version. I obviously had something set wrong before.

With the update I saw this today - insane how many people are on this site. significantly more than just us THPers.

Attachments

• photo35704.jpg
    photo35704.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 0
wubears71;n8875056 said:
With the update I saw this today - insane how many people are on this site. significantly more than just us THPers.

And that doesn’t include the home page, which is filled with golf info.

JB;n8875058 said:
And that doesnÂ’t include the home page, which is filled with golf info.

I get excited when Facebook or LinkedIn shows a couple of dozen visitors to my company page. 😂🤣

watching Long Drive

Ryan Reisbeck put one out there at 393 yards

with a 239 cpm shaft, basically R-flex

JB;n8631971 said:
Glad Hungry Bear is still here.

d3df7d2a1394eb96c4757c9a7383ea8c.jpg

Had their hot italian.....there were so many to pick from. Lots of bread in those sandwiches but was light.

mmaynard11;n8636358 said:
Calling @jb I think I ended up with your seat!!!
ce0c5f1cc336d5c59f6d179a2eea1433.jpg

Little girl behind us puked 5 times on the flight home yesterday. My girls had their headphones on so they couldn't hear it. Look back one time and flight attendent is helping clean up her seat. Praying it was due to air/motion sickness and not something else!

Nate;n8875559 said:
Little girl behind us puked 5 times on the flight home yesterday. My girls had their headphones on so they couldn't hear it. Look back one time and flight attendent is helping clean up her seat. Praying it was due to air/motion sickness and not something else!

I imagine you'll know soon enough.

There has been some stuff to work through, but I am liking the new layout of the website. I have deleted Tapatalk already and no real issues so far following content.

aljaklaw;n8875286 said:
watching Long Drive

Ryan Reisbeck put one out there at 393 yards

with a 239 cpm shaft, basically R-flex

As learned from THCE and DB TT, flex does not equal strength.

Alez367;n8875636 said:
As learned from THCE and DB TT, flex does not equal strength.

Nope. Sure doesn’t. We have a ton of that in our two Lab Rats with Don Brown too.

mikeg_74;n8875577 said:
There has been some stuff to work through, but I am liking the new layout of the website. I have deleted Tapatalk already and no real issues so far following content.

What are you using for mobile access? I'm trying to follow in the issue threads but can't keep up (or my mind is switching off). Tappa won't let me access or open many of the threads now so pretty much useless. Are you just going straight to the THP site via browser?

Nate;n8875785 said:
What are you using for mobile access? I'm trying to follow in the issue threads but can't keep up (or my mind is switching off). Tappa won't let me access or open many of the threads now so pretty much useless. Are you just going straight to the THP site via browser?

Directly to the site via Safari on my phone. Has the same feel/layout and I haven't seen anything that would bug me enough to not go that route.

Canadan;n8875828 said:
Live PD is like a succubus of time hahaha

Its amazing.

You guys could come to Valdosta in October for the Gethering/Live PD watch party....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back