Left Clubs in rental car

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
This could be a sign of old age or just having too much on my mind. Wife's car got hit and we had a rental. I decided to throw the clubs in the car to go to the range. I really do remember thinking when I got home that I need to open the garage door and get the clubs out. Not sure if I saw a squirrel or what but that apparently did not happen.
Dropped the rentsl car off this past Wednesday and went about my day. I did not think about the clubs until I went to put them in my car yesterday (Thursday). Oops. I called Enterprise and they had already rented the car. Guess they didnt open the trunk. Saying a prayer the current driver wont like my clubs. The car is still out but I think it will work out.
Anyone else having these seior moments.

Oh I feel for you. I’d be totally lost if that happened to me. Sure hope they’re there when the car is returned.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every day....but it is better than the alternative.

I hope you get your sticks back, let us know.

Hope you get your sticks back soon.

How do you define senior? I'm 54 and been having those moments for at least 10 years.

I left a fishing pole and plano box with lures in a rental car one time. But never my golf clubs. Good luck getting them back. Here's hoping it works out for you.

I donated a nice pair of Oakley's last time in Vegas. My wife filed a claim but big surprise they could not find them in the sunglass holder.

Damn, that's tough, hope you get the sticks back.

For the most part people are good, honest and believe in "Karma".
Hope the person that rented your car is one of those people.

Hopefully the next person that rented the car is an honest person and will turn them into Enterprise. Hope you get your sticks back.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

You’ll get them back. Most people do the right thing, so the odds are with you.

I donated a nice pair of Oakley's last time in Vegas. My wife filed a claim but big surprise they could not find them in the sunglass holder.

Same thing happened to me, but with my prescription glasses. Figured it out a couple weeks later. Annoyed because I liked them better than my newer prescription glasses.

I would not be able to function at all if that had happened!!!!! Really hope you get them back.

This could be a sign of old age or just having too much on my mind. Wife's car got hit and we had a rental. I decided to throw the clubs in the car to go to the range. I really do remember thinking when I got home that I need to open the garage door and get the clubs out. Not sure if I saw a squirrel or what but that apparently did not happen.
Dropped the rentsl car off this past Wednesday and went about my day. I did not think about the clubs until I went to put them in my car yesterday (Thursday). Oops. I called Enterprise and they had already rented the car. Guess they didnt open the trunk. Saying a prayer the current driver wont like my clubs. The car is still out but I think it will work out.

hahaha man, I hope it works out for you.

Here’s hoping that you get your sticks back. I’m having one of those weeks myself, so I empathize with you.

Did you get your clubs back?

One time while traveling i was gone for a week so I hooked my car key to the rental fob, dropped the car off and took the shuttle to the airport. Luckily i was early, realized i did not have it and got a shuttle back to Rental hub, but they had already sent the car off to be cleaned. They told me they would give a ride back to the terminal just wait at spot 3. Guy pulled up in my old rental, handed me my keys and gave me a lift to my gate.....great service.

Just an update so hopefully you dont do the same thing I did. As of today the car has not come back to the rental offixe. It was supposed to this past Saturday. I'm pretty antsy at this point and really dont understand why they havent been able to ocntact the person in the car now. They claimed to have called several times. My wife who travels a lot told me she very often just throws her bag in the backseat and never opens the trunk. I hope thats the case here. I still believe they will show up but then again I am an optimist.

Just an update so hopefully you dont do the same thing I did. As of today the car has not come back to the rental offixe. It was supposed to this past Saturday. I'm pretty antsy at this point and really dont understand why they havent been able to ocntact the person in the car now. They claimed to have called several times. My wife who travels a lot told me she very often just throws her bag in the backseat and never opens the trunk. I hope thats the case here. I still believe they will show up but then again I am an optimist.
Hope so man, but as you said they have the new renters number but odd they can't reach them ..

Put a post up on Facebook and keep an eye on FB/ Craigslist just in case

Friends of mine have worked for Enterprise and they always found iPods and such in there, and then when people didn't claim them for a week or so they would take them, wipe them, and sell them.. pretty crappy but their justifying was no one called for them ... And there were ALOT of those type of things found

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

@annsguy any update on this?

So Now,,, The Rest Of The Story!!!! I found my clubs. I called the rental place here every day for the last couple of weeks. Found out the car was not dropped here but in Knoxville. I learned that Enterprise has a Lost And Found site listed by city. They werent even listed as Golf Clubs but as Sports Equipment. They just confirmed they are shipping them back. Wow!!!

Alot of work for some older clubs but it was the pricipal and in the end I enjoyed being a slueth.

BTW: Thanks for all the well wishes. I have already thanked Saint Anthony, patron saint for lost things.

Glad to hear you got the clubs back.

Good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So Today Finally Wilson Came Home!!!!!! I wrote on the 1st that the rental company found my clubs and shoes. What I didnt know is that it would take another 27 days and many emails to people way up the food chain to get someone to get them shipped. I guess all's well that ends well. I missed them but on the other hand Iv'e gotten really good with the various wedges I had hanging around in the garage.IMG_4271 box.JPGIMG_4273 clubs.JPG

Back