How often do you replace your TVs

I bought my main two TV's in 2009/2010. Then replaced them both with budget TV's in 2017. I added a new one this year when one broke in a move, it's a pretty nice one so I imagine it will last me for years to come.

One thing I would add about replacing a TV is the OLED’s are expensive but the picture quality is a lot better than any of the LED or other UHD TV’s. We have only one OLED, a 65” from LG and I’m blown away by the picture quality each time I watch it. Las weekend I watched golf on it for the first time since February and it’s amazing how much better it is than our 65” Samsung that was half the price. Hopefully the price will come down on the OLED technology soon but so far it hasn’t in the last year or so. Costco is currently selling their cheapest 65 OLED for $2,649 which is $400 more than I paid for mine 13 months ago.

It's hard to tell how often I buy a new TV, it's always a lottery. My last purchase was two years ago and it was Vizio D Smartcast. Total garbage. I guess my next buy will be a Samsung.

When they break. They aren’t high on my hobby/priority list. I still have a 10 year old 50” Panasonic Plasma in the master bedroom that is great. A 42” Samsung in the living room and 2 Fire TV’s in the bedrooms (49” and 32”).

This, I have probably an 8-9 year old LG Plasma 55". Would I like a newer model, sure, but this one works just fine :)

When they crap out on me. Would love to upgrade to 4k, but my stupid tv works just fine. Maybe this will jinx it :alien:

About every 15 years. In 1977, got a small black and white portable at a yard sale. Won a 13" color portable one year later. That was the anomaly. We got a console TV used from my parents in the mid-90s when they moved out of state. Got a projection TV in 2004 with some trade credits...and we're still using it.

With newer TV's, just depends on pixel dying or blacklight bleeding getting worse. I'd say average 5 years.

We have four TVs. Two smart TVs, 1 in my MiLs room, and one in our bedroom. They're about three years old or so. A smaller LED that my kid uses for video games, and I have a Samsung plasma that is starting to have issues. It's the oldest TV we have, and I purchased it in 2010. I'll keep it until it becomes unwatchable. Same with the other three. I don't care about new TV tech.

I'll only swap out once this one breaks. We only have one TV in the house. Not a fan of Smart functionality as I have a PS4 so don't really need it that much. May mount it next time

I don't think I've kept a current gen (1080p LED) TV until it 'died'. I usually upgrade before that happens, though I will say the two primary televisions in my house are both ≥5 years old at this point. I won't be updating until the content catches back up with TV capabilities. Only other reason would be if I got back into gaming more often, but don't see that on the horizon with my current schedule.

Back