Is USPS getting better?

OGputtnfool

Reaction score
Handicap
I've never seen a window this precise. Usually, it shows "... before 8:00 P.M." or something similar.

When did they start using 2 hour windows?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
7f5ab028d748da33be93df6f6811ba05.jpg

Well I would expect to see improvement since they were taken over by Amazon.:dohanim:

Never seen that with any packages recently, but I will say in my case USPS has gotten worse. I'd say 25-50% of the time the delivery date is wrong and I end up getting the package a day or two later. A year ago I would never have this issue, sometimes I would get packages early.

Ive always thought that USPS was pretty great. Ive used them to ship packages for years and IMO they offer a better value with equal service and just as fast, if not faster shipping time than UPS or Fed Ex.

Ive always thought that USPS was pretty great. Ive used them to ship packages for years and IMO they offer a better value with equal service and just as fast, if not faster shipping time than UPS or Fed Ex.
I didn't mean to imply that they were bad. Just looked like a huge step up from previous shipments.

Sad face

cb67a3abdf4c0003dd168cb3ad3d120d.jpg

No updates since the 13th and still scheduled to arrive yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I would expect to see improvement since they were taken over by Amazon.:dohanim:

Taken over by Amazon? Amazon delivers a lot of their own packages now in some major markets. USPS still delivers many as well. The 2 hour window thing must be new. I’m glad I’m retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never seen that with any packages recently, but I will say in my case USPS has gotten worse. I'd say 25-50% of the time the delivery date is wrong and I end up getting the package a day or two later. A year ago I would never have this issue, sometimes I would get packages early.

Got an example of a tracking number or 2? I’d say 25-50 % of the time is quite the problem. I’d say 5% or less for most is the norm for regular Priority Mail.

Amazon rolled out the 'Next Day Prime' or whatever it was called. I order a gaming headset and it said "to be delivered Next Day" Well, good ol' USPS got their hands on it and it finally showed up on Tuesday... So 'Next Day Prime' ended up worse than the normal 2 day shipping...

Sad face

cb67a3abdf4c0003dd168cb3ad3d120d.jpg

No updates since the 13th and still scheduled to arrive yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A definite screw up on this one. I had a Ping hat arrive a day late this week but most have been on time. I’ve got an electric push cart coming today Fedex Ground. That guy shows up at all kinds of hours from 10-10 and sometimes has a problem seeing one of the three addresses on my house. I hope he is early and accurate.

Got an example of a tracking number or 2? I’d say 25-50 % of the time is quite the problem. I’d say 5% or less for most is the norm for regular Priority Mail.

Just PMed you with the info.

They couldn't get worse could they?

I avoid the post office if at all possible but the two times I was there to ship a package in the last year, the service was as slow and workers as apathetic as ever. They lost $4B last year when the income for UPS and FedEX went up 10%. They should have been privatized 40 years ago but since that would be a decision for Congress, don’t hold your breath.

I see all sorts of complaints about the USPS, and I guess I am lucky because I have overwhelming positive experiences with them. I rarely have anything arive late or damaged. In the past their tracking has been WAY behind the competition but it seems to be catching up. The new informed delivery is awesome.

I have to ship out 1000 packages every Christmas, and deal directly with the local postmaster and employees to get it done, and have found them to be very helpful ND professional.

My USPS is terrible. I get other people's mail all the time and they get mine. It happens at least once a week.

Better? I don't think so.

The last three times we have sent two nonstandard size cards by first class mail, it took seven days to go 200 miles and 400 miles. Beyond ridciulous. Even when taking it to the big regional collection point.

I have good luck with my post office for both incoming and outgoing packages. I very, very rarely see any late going in either direction.

In the last year or so, I've had much better luck getting packages on time and to the right address from USPS than I have FedEx or UPS. For example, UPS has missed the delivery date on two packages from Amazon this week. One will be by 2 days if it gets here today. Both FedEx and UPS have trouble distinguishing between Jackson Ave West and Jackson Ave East. I get that business' deliveries and it gets mine sometimes. Both FedEx and UPS have gotten better but USPS is more reliable for me right now on regular package delivery.

I, admittedly, don't have any experience with UPS or FedEx, as a shipper. My only experience is on the recieving end. I just thought it was odd that it gave a 2 hour window.

I have sent several clubs through USPS, Fedex and UPS. I find by far that USPS is the least expensive but gets their sooner. I can get a golf club to the east coast in three days for around $20. It will cost me 30-40 bucks to get the same club there via Fedex or UPS ground services.

What keeps USPS going is how many locations they have in areas & pricing vs. FedEx/UPS. I couldn't believe how UPS up-charges residential addresses, might as well just convert themselves to only commercial shipping. I don't mind FedEx, but it again is a little on the pricier side and in my area there are only like 1-2 FedEx locations near me.

I wonder if location or region makes a difference. I know living in Dayton, OH we always had great luck with USPS. Here in Las Vegas, I don't have a big enough sample size, but so far it hasn't been bad. The only issue I've had is last year Madi sent me a shaft that was absolutely destroyed and the box was packed in A1 condition. My only complaint with them over that last few years. Fedex and UPS have both been very good as well. It's going to be interesting how things shake out now that Amazon has offered to pay employees to start their own local shipping services in larger cities. Quick service will hopefully get even quicker.

I've never seen a window this precise. Usually, it shows "... before 8:00 P.M." or something similar.

When did they start using 2 hour windows?

7f5ab028d748da33be93df6f6811ba05.jpg

They've been making major technological improvements over the last 3 years or so. They expected delivery times are pretty great, and if you haven't signed up for Informed Delivery, you're missing out. It's a really nice feature.

Have 2 packages coming FedEx smartpost which is finished by the USPS, we will find out!

I tend to agree with this. The only beef I have is with certain USPS Post Offices and who they choose to represent them up front... Some of the worst customer service experiences I've had were at the Post Office.

Back