Art M

Reaction score
Handicap
Here in the UK i notice a large majority of vehicles are diesel powered standard shift. I rented a mb wagon and am now renting a Peugeot 7 seater of the like. Plenty of power, easy to drive, 2.o litre, 39 mpg!!! thru the mountain passes, rural roads, cities combined. R u kidding me!! No diesel noise, no smoke, no odor. I want one back home (not the Peugeot)
Driving observations....No pick up trucks here! I have seen 2 little rangers in 12 days. The sedan and wagon rule the roads. Farmers, and there are plenty, drive their tractors everywhere including the motorways. In one village, at lunch, they pull in and meet in the back door lunch, lol. Diesel is inexpensive too.

Here in the UK i notice a large majority of vehicles are diesel powered standard shift. I rented a mb wagon and am now renting a Peugeot 7 seater of the like. Plenty of power, easy to drive, 2.o litre, 39 mpg!!! thru the mountain passes, rural roads, cities combined. R u kidding me!! No diesel noise, no smoke, no odor. I want one back home (not the Peugeot)
Driving observations....No pick up trucks here! I have seen 2 little rangers in 12 days. The sedan and wagon rule the roads. Farmers, and there are plenty, drive their tractors everywhere including the motorways. In one village, at lunch, they pull in and meet in the back door lunch, lol. Diesel is inexpensive too.

Aside from the 39mpg & few to no trucks, sounds like home in rural south Georgia. I've owned a couple of diesel trucks and they're great, until it was oil change time.

Can we all agree that there is really only one Diesel - Kevin Nash. Fake Diesel should have never happened. At least he became Kane.

O wait...

Wrong Diesel.

Can we all agree that there is really only one Diesel - Kevin Nash. Fake Diesel should have never happened. At least he became Kane.

O wait...

Wrong Diesel.

They will forever be known as Oz and Issac Yankem DDS!

Due the fuel costs here over the last 20 years diesel cars have become very popular but more recently with diesel gate (VW, BMW & Mercedes giving false emissions readings and MPG figures) diesels have become vilified with the government imposing extra taxes etc, People are now moving to petrol and Petrol hybrids. In the UK you will see a lot of estate cars, MPV’s, SUV’s and hatchbacks with very few trucks except when required for work. We have an Audi A4 avant Petrol and love it - you guys in the states don’t know what you’re missing.

I miss my diesel VW Jetta, was a blast to drive and got over 40mpg on the highway.

Have a 2012 diesel VW Jetta sportwagen. Absolutely LOVE this vehicle.... insanely good gas mileage and such a smooth ride with plenty of room in the back.

Back