On a lighter & way more important note...

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

You had a heck of a day on THP yesterday. LOL. Congrats!

Hahahaha.....had to bring it back to earth somehow. Thanks for the thoughts Nate!

Congrats Korf happy for you and your wife

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations Pkorf!

Thanks Shev.....when are we playin again homie?
Whenever you ask....in all seriousness we will make it happen sooner rather than later

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congrats man!!!!!!!

Congrats! Great news and a deserving couple!

Congratulations to you and your wife Paul!

Congrats Paul! So, so, so, excited for you & your wife! Positive thoughts & prayers being sent your way.

This is happening again finally!
5e4f5bc095c1c50c515b9cc67fda7635.jpg

It’s been a long long longgggg journey from two years ago when we lost our first at just under ten weeks. The fact that my wife and I were able to make it through that time and stress is a testament to our commitment to each other and we could t be happier to announce that we are expecting our first next February (around Valentines day).

It hasn’t always been easy. The first 11-12 months after the miscarriage were brutal. Non stop doctors visits and check ups and worry about cancer or other fertility issues. Then we were given the ok to move forward with trying to even conceive again. The first go around, it took some time. Several fertility appointments and down the road we conceived naturally.

This time? We tried for 8-9months and nothing was happening. We were honestly getting pretty worried about where it all was heading for us as potential parents and starting our own family. We began consulting with some infertility clinics in the Cleveland area and began the process of multiple (yes multiple) IUI treatments. Every single effing time we went in, it was, “everything looks great!!! My numbers were way above average for my count and my wife’s fertility was never a concern to the doctors. However, we weren’t getting pregnant.

Admittedly, it’s hard to listen to a doctor say...”I think it’s time to start thinking about IVF (in vitro).” It’s especially hard to hear when IVF isn’t paid for by our insurance and thus would cost us $15-17k upfront for only a 15% higher chance of getting pregnant than the IUI process which is totally covered by my insurance. I hate to make it a numbers game but I was adamant that we weren’t giving up IUI until we were told it wasn’t going to work for some sort of medical reasoning. We completed our fourth round of IUI with some minor complications that seemed to give us some hope that potentially the first 3 were done incorrectly. There’s no way of knowing if that’s true or not but here we are.....

9 1/2 weeks pregnant!!!!!! We have already had a fetal heartbeat scan and were told everything appeared to be normal and today was our first OB ultrasound and were told to take a deep sigh of relief because “everything right now looks to be perfect”.

I wanted to share this with THP so many time before now because there have been so many people who have been there for myself and my wife over the last two+ years , that I don’t know if I would have been the supportive husband I tried to be without all of your encouragement and friendships. Quite frankly it has meant the world to my wife and I. We have a really really long way to go from here but I know that if I share this with my family here that someone who needs some encouragement in this department will read it and find some solace in the fact that some faith, persistence and a really solid support system will help you get through anything.

So, please keep us in you’re thoughts because we will need it to continue going forward. Thanks THP......my wife Stephanie and I love you guys so much for all of the well wishes, concern and overwhelming love shown to our family are beyond anything we could have expected but exactly what we both needed daily.

PKorf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Congratulations to you and your wife. My brother and his wife went thru a very similar time as you, so I fully understand the stress something like that putts on a marriage.

Again, congratulations happy times to the Korf family.

Super Congratulations to you and your wife. My brother and his wife went thru a very similar time as you, so I fully understand the stress something like that putts on a marriage.

Again, congratulations happy times to the Korf family.

Thank you sir!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back