FaceApp

a78615b04f4730570e82165d74bc1008.jpg

That round at Pebble was really slow....

Not too mention the million other places your face is stored. Paranoid people are the worst. My favorite are the ones who think Alexa is some secret weapon so Amazon can store all your conversations to sit back and listen to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right, but when you are to be intercepted based on matching an image on a watchlist, with no regulation around how that watchlist is compiled or quality audited or used. Then American's seem lately to be all to willing to give up freedoms and rights daily so lets just speed up the process. :banghead: In fact lets put listening devices in peoples homes and tell them its for convenience. In the history of everything government related nothing bad has ever happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...isten-privacy-amazon-alexa-hack-a9002096.html

Right, but when you are to be intercepted based on matching an image on a watchlist, with no regulation around how that watchlist is compiled or quality audited or used. Then American's seem lately to be all to willing to give up freedoms and rights daily so lets just speed up the process. :banghead: In fact lets put listening devices in peoples homes and tell them its for convenience. In the history of everything government related nothing bad has ever happened.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...isten-privacy-amazon-alexa-hack-a9002096.html

You own a cell phone?

You own a cell phone?

Not a "smart phone." Prepaid, no gps, no wifi. Different one every few months and its off unless I'm calling someone. Wish I was kidding but.....

Last edited:
this one freaked the wife out as its him looking like my mini me lol

6a006f39d26aa9d7125f695d3318f118.jpg

and his future self playing bass for the local 80s cover band

7965cd8a2941b2d23b929708362c097e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That’s classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a "smart phone." Prepaid, no gps, no wifi. Different one every few months and its off unless I'm calling someone. Wish I was kidding but.....

Are you slinging dope?
Just kidding

1ca3bf7258af5db8ca371cf1f42ba739.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Are you slinging dope?
Just kidding

Live in the DC area with enough friends that work in the various intel depts. Needless to say they freaked me out and they aren't even allowed to tell me really the half of it. Jason Bourne movies are not fiction when it comes to what the govt. can do. Founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

If I ever want to know what I'll look like in 25 years, I'll just have my dad send me a selfie.
Dad.PNG

This guy has some stories..

149d4aea77e421972f4f4cb1219b70ac.jpg

What?! Haha dang.

Friends threw my pic in it and holy crap I look just like my dad
ecce263751a69a656f81f2c89b8fe6e6.jpg
76b1a40b469d1a83b08f1f7e3a067f04.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Guys.

The issue with this app is not big brother or anything else conspiracy related. The issue is that in the T&Cs you agree to them being able use your likeness for anything.

You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, fully-paid, transferable sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, publicly perform and display your User Content and any name, username or likeness provided in connection with your User Content in all media formats and channels now known or later developed, without compensation to you. When you post or otherwise share User Content on or through our Services, you understand that your User Content and any associated information (such as your [username], location or profile photo) will be visible to the public.

Where this is dangerous is that they now have the right to sell your likeness as graphic resources for marketing or anything else and you have waived your rights for compensation or removal request. While highly unlikely, your face may show up in an advertisement.

I can finally grow a beard!
35028da2d9e8d052f25c4ed40fc0694e.jpg
9b2ad0f44b5a9c9e6578b6b3b8647a8d.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

My mom and I were having some great laughs over these yesterday. I'm not paying for the Pro version...but it's still fun to play around.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Guys.

The issue with this app is not big brother or anything else conspiracy related. The issue is that in the T&Cs you agree to them being able use your likeness for anything.

Where this is dangerous is that they now have the right to sell your likeness as graphic resources for marketing or anything else and you have waived your rights for compensation or removal request. While highly unlikely, your face may show up in an advertisement.

I assume this is only the case for photos that you save on the app or share through the app. Would the same go for photos that you "age" and then delete or cancel before saving down on their server?

I assume this is only the case for photos that you save on the app or share through the app. Would the same go for photos that you "age" and then delete or cancel before saving down on their server?

Every photo regardless of whether you save or not. Again, it's highly unlikely you will ever see your face, name, location etc used but I would hate to try and explain myself when someone sees my face selling used panties on a website :).

Every photo regardless of whether you save or not. Again, it's highly unlikely you will ever see your face, name, location etc used but I would hate to try and explain myself when someone sees my face selling used panties on a website :).

Any idea how they get your name or username if you never provide those details?

Back