Top Gun Maverick 2020

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it for personal reasons. I was with fighter squadron VF-1 stationed at Miramar from the summer of 1983 til late 1986. I was there when they filmed many scenes for the movie. Our squadron shared the same hangar with the iconic Topgun. A shipmate and I were walking out to the flight line to work on one of our birds ( F-14 Tomcat ) when Kelly McGillis pulled up in a Jeep and started chatting with us. We didn’t know who she was until later. After our chat, we continued on to the flight line and came across a film crew setting up for a scene. I looked up at the cockpit and holy cow, it was Tom Cruise! Then he took off his sunglasses and it wasn’t, it was apparently his stunt double. We got to peek in on many scenes that were filmed, but for the most part we stayed out of their way and did our jobs. The original Topgun movie brings back great memories for me of my time in the Navy, and a fighter jet I’ve always considered the best in the world.

I'll definitely watch it. It will probably be cheesy but got to be some good flying seems with today's special effects

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'll definitely watch it. It will probably be cheesy but got to be some good flying seems with today's special effects

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Trust me, they don’t need special effects..........

Looking forward to this!

Oh yes!!! Can’t wait good bad or indifferent I will be there

40984da5a380dbb4ea955037bf91d8a7.jpg

Bam. The original got me thinking about flying. I can’t wait to see this. The only fun I have flying is going around thunderstorms.

Too bad the nutjob had to star in it. It could have been a great movie.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

oh hell yes. so much yes.

Too bad the nutjob had to star in it. It could have been a great movie.

It still could be, despite how far off the depend hes gone.. hope the script isn't stupid cheesy and just an attempt at a redo like some of these other reboot/distant sequels tend to be

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yes yes yes

It still could be, despite how far off the depend hes gone.. hope the script isn't stupid cheesy and just an attempt at a redo like some of these other reboot/distant sequels tend to be

Not worth watching with him in it.

Can’t wait to watch, good or bad.

You may not like Tom Cruise as a person, but you have to admit he's one of the last true "movie stars". He gives everything he has to a movie. No one does his own stunts like he does. Also, he was Les Grossman in Tropic Thunder. Should have been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in that role.

Sign me up for this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope this does not suck but I’ll still see the IMAX version. Sure beats watching the VHS original a few dozen times!!

b30e746cc781bcb89bd037afc49cd1e1.gif

Can’t wait!!!

Top Gun Maverick 2020

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it for personal reasons. I was with fighter squadron VF-1 stationed at Miramar from the summer of 1983 til late 1986. I was there when they filmed many scenes for the movie. Our squadron shared the same hangar with the iconic Topgun. A shipmate and I were walking out to the flight line to work on one of our birds ( F-14 Tomcat ) when Kelly McGillis pulled up in a Jeep and started chatting with us. We didn’t know who she was until later. After our chat, we continued on to the flight line and came across a film crew setting up for a scene. I looked up at the cockpit and holy cow, it was Tom Cruise! Then he took off his sunglasses and it wasn’t, it was apparently his stunt double. We got to peek in on many scenes that were filmed, but for the most part we stayed out of their way and did our jobs. The original Topgun movie brings back great memories for me of my time in the Navy, and a fighter jet I’ve always considered the best in the world.

Have a buddy who was around for the shooting of this one, despite news articles saying otherwise, they were not bothered by it.

Take my money now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm definitely going to see it and just hope they don't screw it up!!

Top Gun Maverick 2020

“In May of 1986 the US and USSR had a standoff in the Indian Ocean. Tensions were high. An accident during a routine training exercise cost Lt. Bradshaw his life.

b53e8a1692a615f35db4286ca95e00e8.gif

His best friend and pilot Pete Mitchell was not at fault, as he couldn't regain control of his F-14 Tomcat after being exposed to thrust exhaust from his wingman's aircraft. We should always remember his noble sacrifice, and those of the pilots who helped spread foreign relations and keep the Russians at bay. “- (Reddit Post)

2bb0ceb073e4ca164bb2bc55b712b675.jpg

I am looking forward to this and was surprised to see a trailer out already. It looks good.

I'm not a big Tom Cruise fan but I love me some Top Gun. It's seriously one of the reasons I became a pilot. I don't care if it sucks, I'll probably go see it twice just for the flying. The last scene in the trailer is a Tomcat soaring over the mountains. I wonder if it will make an appearance in the movie or if they just put it in the trailer for nostalgia?

I'm a former crew chief of the F-14 Tomcat. I had the honor of being a part of the greatest fighter squadron in the history of the Navy, VF-111. Stationed at NAS Miramar, aka Fightertown USA, aka TopGun.

I'm thoroughly excited about this movie, but it's the last 5 seconds of the trailer that had me losing my mind in Best Buy as I watched it. The Tomcat lives!!!

ANYTIME BABY!!!

su1-VF-111-F-14A-Tomcat-1-1.jpg

65693873_2397846746970015_6632617063481344000_n.jpg

Back