Snickerdog's Adventure to the Grandaddy

Another range session after work tonight. Took my wrench with me and set the driver to s/n and did some warm up and was seeing some nice ball flights, still a bit of fade but playable. There was about a 5-7mph wind quartering across the range. Hit a few and a bit more of a fade than I want to play. Lofted up +1 to 11.5 and Neutral setting. BOOM!! much better and staighter ball flight that was holding against the wind. I hit the next ten balls almost identical to the first. Changed targets to make sure I could get a good alignment and the same ball flight and did that.
Checked my grip and turned just a smidge stronger and was able to hold the ball against the wind with no issues and get just a touch of a draw on the ball.

Always fun when it clicks. Keep up the good work!

Great work Dave! The results are starting to show. Keep at it as I can’t wait to follow along!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a pretty good night at league last night. We did a scramble but still hitting all the shots.
The driver swing is starting to come around well with the new stance and alignment changes the instructor made.
The irons where decent, but the short game was really on point last night.
I have another lesson on Friday which will be more of a review and cover quite a few things. More like a question and answer type this time.
I have to admit, this is the most practice I have put into my game in a long time and hopefully it will show the rewards later down the road.

I had a pretty good night at league last night. We did a scramble but still hitting all the shots.
The driver swing is starting to come around well with the new stance and alignment changes the instructor made.
The irons where decent, but the short game was really on point last night.
I have another lesson on Friday which will be more of a review and cover quite a few things. More like a question and answer type this time.
I have to admit, this is the most practice I have put into my game in a long time and hopefully it will show the rewards later down the road.

what types of questions do you have for your instructor? sounds like these lessons have been very beneficial for you!

what types of questions do you have for your instructor? sounds like these lessons have been very beneficial for you!

Just little things, making sure grip is correct, how to play a certain shot. Just a review of the wedge lesson I had previously. Kind of a re-enforcement of the lessons I have had already.

I am lucky to have found a guy who I can understand or understands me and what I want to accomplish. It has made the lesson much easier and fun.

Just little things, making sure grip is correct, how to play a certain shot. Just a review of the wedge lesson I had previously. Kind of a re-enforcement of the lessons I have had already.

I am lucky to have found a guy who I can understand or understands me and what I want to accomplish. It has made the lesson much easier and fun.

Finding an instructor you can work with is a big plus. Through Shecaddie I've attending multiple clinics with a wide variety of instructors. There were a couple I would never go back to, a few that were just okay and 3 that I would gladly take private sessions with.

Had our club championship yesterday. Played pretty well with a 79. We start match play right after stroke play, and won my first match. Play again today at11 for another match.
Swing is starting to come around well with the new stance and the slice has all but been eliminated.

Go get em today!

Won my second match and closed him out 7&6 so it was fun. I have embraced the swing and stance my instructor has changed me to. It was clicking today, nice long high small fades. I did sneak two slices in there but got lucky and both where playable. Aligning the way he showed me has helped tremendously!!! Now I feel like I can step up and see the target from behind the ball and get aligned properly and execute the shot knowing it will go where I want it to.

Rough nite on the course. Lost my match 2&1, I was down 4 at the turn and got back to 1 down but just couldn't get past him. He had a putter that was on fire. I think it was good practice for the Grandaddy and am looking forward to the match play.
Driver was decent tonight, missed a couple fairways early but got it corrected and kept it in play after that. Short game was good and saved par quite a few times with one putts to push holes.

Match play is the best! 1 bad hole doesn't kill You!

Rough nite on the course. Lost my match 2&1, I was down 4 at the turn and got back to 1 down but just couldn't get past him. He had a putter that was on fire. I think it was good practice for the Grandaddy and am looking forward to the match play.
Driver was decent tonight, missed a couple fairways early but got it corrected and kept it in play after that. Short game was good and saved par quite a few times with one putts to push holes.

That was a strong effort to get your driver back on track early in the round and nearly pull off the comeback. Keep up the good work!

Dave you are doing great sir. Keep us posted about how the lessons go.

Dave you are doing great sir. Keep us posted about how the lessons go.

Thank you sir!!! Should be taking the last one on next Saturday.

Played another 27 holes today for GD prep. Was little bit to warm but made it thru, also heat won't be an issue in December. Managed to go 42/38/40 and won 2 of the 3 matches.
The new stance and alignment is coming along better, have all but eliminated my slice unless I put a lazy swing on the ball. Short game and putter where good today.

Played 18 this morning and went 40/40=80. We break the 9's up into match play just to see how I do. Lost the first match on the last hole, and won the second 2&1.
The driver is doing well right now, only 2 slices today, otherwise just a nice straight or small fade. No pull hooks today so that was a bonus.
Irons where decent but distance where good.
Will be getting out tomorrow to an corse that is a fun track that requires some course management off the tee.

Snickerdog;n8879278 said:
Played 18 this morning and went 40/40=80. We break the 9's up into match play just to see how I do. Lost the first match on the last hole, and won the second 2&1.
The driver is doing well right now, only 2 slices today, otherwise just a nice straight or small fade. No pull hooks today so that was a bonus.
Irons where decent but distance where good.
Will be getting out tomorrow to an corse that is a fun track that requires some course management off the tee.

Keep up the grind. Great idea playing matches before the event. I wish I would have thought about that prior to my event.

Danimal;n8879299 said:
Keep up the grind. Great idea playing matches before the event. I wish I would have thought about that prior to my event.

Thanks. Since we only have a nine hole course, we change tee boxes on the second 9 so it plays longer and have some different angle off the tee box. It does seem to be helping a bit.

Played an outside course today and managed to go 42/38. That is the best I have ever shot on this course.
Not used to playing on bent grass so that was good practice. Lot faster greens than what I normally play on but managed to get around with 33 putts.
The best thing for me right now is playing consistently (scoring).
https://www.sandcreekgolfclub.com

Snickerdog;n8879992 said:
Played an outside course today and managed to go 42/38. That is the best I have ever shot on this course.
Not used to playing on bent grass so that was good practice. Lot faster greens than what I normally play on but managed to get around with 33 putts.

keep playing those courses that get you out of your comfort zone. Maybe switch up tee boxes at your local course to put shots/yardages in play to help you sharpen those skills.

You are doing great and come December your mental attitude will be an asset while you are in the middle of the matches.

Snickerdog;n8879992 said:

The lack of invite better mean you had a foursome! LOL

That's a great score at Sand Creek...many holes with nowhere to miss without a penalty of some sort.

shanewu;n8881239 said:
The lack of invite better mean you had a foursome! LOL

That's a great score at Sand Creek...many holes with nowhere to miss without a penalty of some sort.

Apologies brother, I didn't set this one up. Definitely need to get back to Auburn and play again.

Snickerdog;n8881272 said:
Apologies brother, I didn't set this one up. Definitely need to get back to Auburn and play again.

Haha, no worries, man. I completely understand. We'll tee it up again sometime soon I'm sure.

Looks like you're on the right track Dave! You're playing much better than I am. Keep up the good work.

shanewu;n8882111 said:
Haha, no worries, man. I completely understand. We'll tee it up again sometime soon I'm sure.

Yes for sure.

Back