Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd speak to a lawyer for advice, if possible.

By not filing a report against her, I'm wondering if down the road Family Court may allow her to turn the tables as to (as ridiculous as it sounds) abandonment on your part. Yes she left but absent verifiable documentation as to your disagreement with her actions and irrefutable attempts to retrieve your kids, who knows?

If custody of the kids may be a future battle that you may face, I'd seek the advice of an expert now so you may be better prepared for the unexpected.

I can only speak to my experience in NY. There, all she'd have to do is articulate (even making it up) that you are/were a danger to her and/or the kids and the benefit of the doubt would slide immediately to her favor. Domestic Incident reports would be filed, criminal complaint reports if necessary, child welfare would be notified. Ultimately, absent of an agreement between the parents, family court would hear the case and decide temporary custody.
    Rogue Sub Zero 10.5* PRO 73
    Exotics EX9 17* Recoil 670
    Exotics EX9 22* Recoil 670
    Apex CF16 5-PW, SteelFiber i95
    FourteeN RM-22J 46*, 52*, 58*, RM-22 56* SteelFiber i95
    Directed Force Reno, 34"
    ​TP Red LDP

Comment

Thinking of the kids first and everyones health.....hope it all works out man.
      sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear you are going through this man. Hoping everything will get worked out in the end. Hopefully everyone can put the kids first and you and her can come to a good resolution.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
        Driver: 2016 Callaway XR16 10.5*
        3W: 2016 Callaway XR16 15*
        3 Hybrid: SLDR 19*
        Irons: 2019 Callaway Apex Irons 4-AW
        Wedges: Mack Daddy 3 56* S grind and 60* W grind
        Putter: TFI 2135 1.0
        Testing Wedges: XW-1 50, 54, 58

2019 Graphite Challenge with
        participant
        2019 Championship Participant @ Firestone CC

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Can't say I've ever been in that position from the husband point of view, but I've experienced much of that as a kid.

If you ever need to chat, PM me a number. I'm available 24/7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
          C130 bag & 3.5+
          M5 440 9° w/ HZRDUS Smoke 6.0 @ 45.5"
          Epic Flash SZ 3wd w/ Rogue Max 85X @ 42.5"
          M4 5wd w/ HZRDUS Black 6.0 @ 42"
          Dynacraft Genesis 4h w/ LZ 6.0
          Dynacraft Prophet MB 5-PW w/ LZ 6.0
          Titleist Vokey SM6 52F, 56F, 60L w/ Modus3 125 wedge shafts
          Stroke Lab Marxman @ 33" w/ Flatso 3.0
          Tour Velvet & Snell MTB or ChromeSoft X
          ---
          SLDR 3h w/ HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.0
          VS Proto 70X @ 44.25" HZRDUS Black 75g, 6.0 @ 44.5" & AccuFLEX Evolution R @ 44.5"
          Wishon 550c 5-6 & 550m 7-PW w/ Modus3 Tour 120 stiff shafts

Comment

Unimaginable! Sorry to hear that you're going through this. Hope it will all work out. Hang in there.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
            Spoiler
            Rouge 10.5 Driver
            Steelhead 4 & 5 hybrid

In my: Mizuno BR-D4C
            Driver: Rouge 10.5 Degree w/ Dyamana DF reg flex shaft
            Fairway Woods:Epic Heavenwood
            Hybrid: Steelhead 4 hybrid
            Irons: Big Bertha w/ Recoils Reg. Flex
            Putter: Odyssey O Works #7s
            Wedges: MD 3 54, MD3 PM Grind 56, 60
            Balls: Chrome Soft, RXS,
            Twitter: @Just_hacking
            Big Bertha 2015 6 - AW Irons
            Mack Daddy 3 54
            Mack Daddy PM Grind 56, 60
            EXO 7s w/ Counter Balance grip

Comment

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope you get some answers soon.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk
              David

Driver-Callaway Rogue
              3w and 5w -Taylor Made Aero Burner
              Irons-4-G Mizuno JPX 900 Forged
              Cleveland 60* Lob
              Cleveland SW
              Ping Answer 2i putter

Comment

Good luck getting through this. I hope your kids will be okay.
                The #SweaterWar got me into The 2018 Grandaddy!!!

#100Birdies10kLaughs #TheGrandaddy

Driver: Epic Flash 10.5* w/ EF Green 55 S flex
                3-wood:
                Epic Flash w/ EF Green 65 S flex
                Hybrids / Irons:
                Apex 19
                3h/4h w/ Catalyst 70 S flex and 5i-AW w/ Catalyst 80 S flex graphite
                Wedges:
                54* MD4, 58* PM Grind 2.0
                Putter:
                Stroke Lab Three
                Ball: Chrome Soft Truvis (y&b)

Comment

Hoping everything is looking up for you in the near future, Smiter.
                  Proud member of Team THP in the 2018 Granddaddy with

Driver: Epic Flash With Custom HZRDUS Smoke
                  Fairway: Epic Flash with Tensei Blue 75
                  Hybrids: '19 Apex 3h and 4h with Catalyst 70
                  Irons: Apex Forged 5-PW w/ Elevate 95
                  Wedges: MD4 48-54-58 w/ Modus 105
                  Putter: Stroke Lab Three
                  Ball: Chrome Soft X

Thanks to PX and THP for an incredible Handcrafted Experience!

Comment

Thanks all. It’s been a tough week.

For those wondering I do have an appt Tuesday AM with an attorney. I’d hope to avoid using him, but if it comes down to it, I snagged the best in town first.

I appreciate the support though, that’s for sure.

I couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger on filing the police report since they would investigate and then it would be up to the law director to press charges. May or may not have happened but if it did it sure wouldn’t have been in the kids best interests.

I just had my first conversation with her since this happened and I think my hopes of anything being amicable just went out the window. I was calm and measured but I guess I didn’t realize how much she hated me just for being me. I’m far from perfect (look up my posts,-I’ll generally rat myself out when I jack something up), but I’ve never ever been in any way abusive to any of them. I love my kids more than anything and mainly just miss them. I did at least get to see them, they spent the night in my big empty house last night and left around 2 today.

I really hate this.

Cobra 🐍 F8+ Project X Yellow 76g 6.5
                    Alpha 816 14* set -1 N Speeder 665 Tx
                    Cobra FlyZ 4/5 hybrid set at 22* Stock S flex
                    Epic 4-6 W/ KBS Tour 90’s (4i go far)
                    Nike Vapor Speeds w/ PX LZ's 6.0 7-GW (mixed bag w/ what works)
                    Wedges-Soon To Be Awesomeness
                    Circle T Concept 2 34" W/ SS 2.0
                    TourB RX
                    In my TourB 2019 Carry Bag

All above changes daily (except putter, ball, and bag)

Comment

I hate it for you. As someone who has litigated far too many of this type case, and seen what it does to kids most every time, this sucks big time. My experience has been that the kids will assume they did something wrong. I know you know this but I’ll say it anyway - kids are not bargaining chips and aren’t leverage. Don’t put them in the middle. Talk to your kids and let then know it’s not their fault in any shape, form or fashion and that you love them no matter what. The rest of this deal will play out one way or another.
                      Last edited by Parrot; 07-21-2019, 10:48 PM.
                      In my Alpha Convoy RTC or Super Swirl stand bag

Epic Flash SZ 10.5° Even Flow blue S, and
                      15° (14) and 20° (19) Diamana Red M+60S
                      APEX 23° HKuro Kage Black 80 S
                      M6 5-AW C-Taper 120 S
                      PM Grind 19 54°and 58° HI-REV 2.0 W
                      Palm Beach
                      ERC Soft with TTT

Proud to be a part of the 2019 Odyssey Experience

Comment

Originally posted by OGputtnfool View Post
                        Sorry to hear that. Can't say I've ever been in that position from the husband point of view, but I've experienced much of that as a kid.

If you ever need to chat, PM me a number. I'm available 24/7.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
                        I’ll take you up on that, OG. I won’t bug you tonight but I’d really like to hear it from the kids POV. That’s what I’m most concerned about as that’s what’s most important to me. Doing what’s best for them.

TourB RX

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot View Post
                          I hate it for you. As someone who has litigated far too many of this type case, and seen what it does to kids most every time, this sucks big time. My experience has been that the kids will assume they did something wrong. I know you know this but I’ll say it anyway - kids are bargaining chips and aren’t leverage. Don’t put them in the middle. Talk to your kids and let then know it’s not their fault in any shape, form or fashion and that you love them no matter what. The rest of this deal will play out one way or another.
                          Thank you. I made the mistake of speaking with her tonight, first time since before she left. Ugh. When we’d spoke in the past (prior to her leaving) it was always about shared parenting and what’s best for the kids. That doesn’t seem to be as big of a priority to her anymore, as screwing me over seems her number one agenda.

I texted my kids every night, even when I knew they weren’t getting the texts, telling them I’m sorry they’re going through this and that I love and miss them. I hate that they’re going through this. My parents divorced when I was an adult and when they told me, almost 20 years ago, that was the last time I cried as an adult until I got home Sunday. I lived 100 miles from them and was on my own at that point and it still upset me.

Life will go on, but as bad as I feel for me, I feel worse for them. Now I’m left wondering why I didn’t tell everyone what was going on with my health? This may have all been avoided, at least until they were old enough to be on their own. But there’s no going back now. I’ve made that decision and just like hers, it can’t be undone.

TourB RX

Comment

Originally posted by Smiter View Post
                            Thank you. I made the mistake of speaking with her tonight, first time since before she left. Ugh. When we’d spoke in the past (prior to her leaving) it was always about shared parenting and what’s best for the kids. That doesn’t seem to be as big of a priority to her anymore, as screwing me over seems her number one agenda.

I texted my kids every night, even when I knew they weren’t getting the texts, telling them I’m sorry they’re going through this and that I love and miss them. I hate that they’re going through this. My parents divorced when I was an adult and when they told me, almost 20 years ago, that was the last time I cried as an adult until I got home Sunday. I lived 100 miles from them and was on my own at that point and it still upset me.

Life will go on, but as bad as I feel for me, I feel worse for them. Now I’m left wondering why I didn’t tell everyone what was going on with my health? This may have all been avoided, at least until they were old enough to be on their own. But there’s no going back now. I’ve made that decision and just like hers, it can’t be undone.
                            Shoot me a PM if you need another ear to bend. I don’t have many answers but, through life’s experiences, in a lot of cases, I can share with you what makes sh&t worse.
                            In my Alpha Convoy RTC or Super Swirl stand bag

Epic Flash SZ 10.5° Even Flow blue S, and
                            15° (14) and 20° (19) Diamana Red M+60S
                            APEX 23° HKuro Kage Black 80 S
                            M6 5-AW C-Taper 120 S
                            PM Grind 19 54°and 58° HI-REV 2.0 W
                            Palm Beach
                            ERC Soft with TTT

Proud to be a part of the 2019 Odyssey Experience

Comment

Wishing you all the best. You've been given among the toughest hands anyone has to play, but you can get through this.
                              WITB:
                              THP Long-Term Test: M4 Irons, 4-SW, Stock Stiff KBS Max 85 Shafts

G400 Max Driver, 10.5°/Mitsubishi Kuro Kage Silver Dual-Core TiNi 60 Stiff Shaft
                              G400 3 Wood, 14.5°/Alta CB 65 Stiff Shaft
                              G30 5 Wood, 18°/TFC 419F Stiff Shaft
                              M4 Irons, 4-AW, Stock Stiff KBS Max 85 Shafts
                              Glide Wedges, 54° WS/58° SS, Stock Shaft
                              Giant M1t Putter, Golf Pride Tour SNSR Grip, 140 cc

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that Smiter. Saying extra prayers for you and your kids.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Driver: Cobra King F9 speedback 10.5* driver (yellow), tour length UST Helium 5F4 stiff shaft
                                Fairway: Cobra King F9 speedback 3-4 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King F9 speedback 5-6 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King F9 speedback 7-8 wood (avalanche white) with Atmos blue 7 stiff shaft.
                                Irons: Cobra Forged TEC Black 5i-GW. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shafts.
                                Wedges: Cobra King black wedge 54* (bent to 55*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
                                Cobra King black wedge 58* (bent to 59*), Versatile grind. Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 stiff shaft.
                                Putter: Odyssey Exo 7 counterbalanced
                                Ball: ProV1x / TP5 / Snell MTB.

Comment

Above Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X