JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Who has one, what do you have? Do you like it?

Im looking at getting the Momento M6 and wondering if anybody else is using it?

We have one in both cars (different brands) and have really enjoyed having them. It hasn't helped us in a traffic matter yet, but it has recorded some cool footage as well as a vulture flying into our windshield at 65 MPH. Yeah, that destroyed the windshield, but the camera held up under the impact.

• Admin
We have one in both cars (different brands) and have really enjoyed having them. It hasn't helped us in a traffic matter yet, but it has recorded some cool footage as well as a vulture flying into our windshield at 65 MPH. Yeah, that destroyed the windshield, but the camera held up under the impact.

What brands and models are you using?

I don't and haven't really thought about it, but when I used to go to Singapore a few years ago they all had them. Should probably look at getting one.

What brands and models are you using?

We have a couple inexpensive ones from Amazon. One is the Pruveeo C2 Dash Cam and the other is the Roav Dashcam S1.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B074X2MBMD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DF8MQX1/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The Roav is wifi only and the Pruveeo uses a micro SD. The Pruveeo has 2 cameras, one front facing and one cabin facing. Not that we needed that, but it was a great price when I bought it is a cool feature. They both have held up well.

I have 2 A119s, and a Viofo 129 dual.

Want a BlackVue 750, but too cheap.

Living in the DC metro area, with a hell commute everyday, I see it as extra protection.

Both cams listed perform flawlessly.

I don't have one but I do enjoy watching dash cam video's on youtube ;) I'm not even ashamed to admit it. That being said, I will follow along as I think a dash cam is a great tool to protect yourself in case of an accident or a criminal act.

I have used the Aukey Dash Cam. its only 1080p but it work well and the video quality is really good. They apparently now make one that is 4k capable. The reason I went with this one is because it does not work on battery, but on a capacitor which tends to last longer in the Florida heat. Form what i understand, it is important to use a high endurance SD card because it gets written and rewritten over many times relatively quickly.

I'm using the BlackVue DR750S 2 channel full HD, front and back. There is also a 950s which I believe is 4K. The quality is great especially at night. Recorded a small accident at my golf club just 15 minutes after I had picked up the car from the tuner - the video is on my Instagram. I drive a lot for work and already many tight situations recorded. I can think of other ways to use it as well. The BlackVue is quite easy to handle, all recordings are sent to my phone via Wi-Fi or to the cloud.

I use a Swann DriveEye Ultra. great value, about the size of a gopro, pretty much a set-it-and-forget-it

Thinkware units are more expensive but are top of the line

I've thought about it since some dope recently turned into my lane and subsequently into my driver's side rear door, but haven't done any real research yet.

Not sure what kind it is but I have a cheap cam I got on an app called wish. Got 2 of them for something like 35 bucks, which was good because one of them fried after about 9 months of use. Used to run them front and rear, now just front until I get another. Thought about going high quality but it works just fine. Supplied my own sd cards, which I'd rather do anyway. Use it in my work truck and when I drive rideshare on weekends. Saved my boss a grand in deductible when I got t-boned a couple years back. Lady pitched a holy fit I didn't stop at a stop sign. Dashcam said I did! You can see it stuck on the windshield.

Attachments

• 19030391_10155042266069597_250883511193338381_n.jpg
    19030391_10155042266069597_250883511193338381_n.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 0
I think I’m going to go with the momento m6 as it does everything and is tiny enough to not even be seen by me while driving.

Maybe a little Live PD with JB?

Don't have one and can't say I know anyone that does. Just seems like a waste imo.

Don't have one and can't say I know anyone that does. Just seems like a waste imo.

Unless your are a Lyft or Uber driver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a crappy one in both our vehicles. They have already saved our ass twice by providing proof to insurance companies on hit & runs.

I have a crappy one in both our vehicles. They have already saved our ass twice by providing proof to insurance companies on hit & runs.

I have heard this so many times now. Everything from being backed into in a parking lot to hit and runs.

I have heard this so many times now. Everything from being backed into in a parking lot to hit and runs.

That's where having a better quality/more expensive cam comes into play. Features like impact sensor, auto on, auto save are great in parking lots or even parked outside your own home.

So this thread pops and the guy in front of me has a rear cam...too funny.
e2f2edea5a0d6a286e6df1e71b9b16cf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the rexing in my Rogue because it is the primary vehicle for everyday use, it has both front and rear cameras and was easy to install, i have a front facing only in the Juke, Garmin 55 i believe. Both have been in use for a few years. I have had an accident right at 3 years ago where the cam saved me big time when the other driver balked at fault. Cam won. I first started using one as a suggestion in Okinawa 15 years ago...just in case i got into an accident off base. never did, but i have driven with them since

We installed them in all our company fleet, especially the trucks. Got most of the cost back off our insurance premium in the first year and then we put stickers on the cabs saying we are recording. Number of claims halved.

I certainly get the reasoning for having one. The way people drive is just nuts, with the automatic assumption that everyone will just yield to them.

I bought one a few weeks ago - this model.

https://www.amazon.com/Dash-Cam-Das...ords=akaso+v1&qid=1564063314&s=gateway&sr=8-1

My overall comments:

1. Quality for the price IMO is very good. I was actually surprised how nice this unit is given the inexpensive price point.
2. While the app and connection to the phone is a little clunky by using wifi as the connection method, I do love the feature of being able to connect the camera to my phone.
3. I love the size. I have it mounted behind my review mirror. While driving I can't even see it.
4. Based on my thoughts so far I think I'm going to get one for all of our vehicles, including my Harley.

After my wife was rear ended and the kid tried to say she changed lanes on him and he was blocked by a bus, I invested in 1 for each car. Got one with good reviews on Amazon, I think about $50 each. Had a couple close calls where having the cam wouldve shown my not being at fault, so a worthy investment

The police guy on the right corroborated the kids story (wasn't even facing the accident) assuming because the kids mom was a teacher, we were lucky the police station camera caught everything.. he had such low coverage I had to battle with insurance for 2 months to get the payment, even had to auction car and get rest from insurance.
f1ad357e35e5996e01999bbf622315ab.gif

Apeman is the brand
Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back