I keep thinking how one of these days I should buy something like this. Spending two hours driving every day gets me worried more and more about not being able to prove what happened in case of an accident.

I bought the Blackvue 750 a couple of months ago. Before that, a 19-year old turned left in front of me and totaled my car. Fortunately, he was honest and said I had a green light. He could have easily said I ran a red light...Thus the dash cam.

I don't have one and have never considered it. Whats the purpose of having one?

I don’t know anyone who has a dash cam and have never really thought about getting one for myself. I’ve alway owned a radar detector or two but never have felt a need for a dash cam even though I’ve average over 30,000 miles a year the last 30+ years.

I don't have one and have never considered it. Whats the purpose of having one?

Read through this thread? haha
Self assurance of proof thanks to idiots all around us would be a simple way of putting it. A few people in this thread alone already said it saved them in the fault department or hit and run.

I've been thinking about getting one for awhile. Just never do. Now, you guys have me thinking about it again. Driving in north St. Louis every day is always an adventure. Stopping at red lights is apparently optional. If for nothing else, it would be good entertainment for my Wife when I'm telling her about all the ridiculous things I see people do during my 2 hours daily commute.

Until I started browsing Amazon this morning, I had no idea they were so affordable. Definitely going to order one and give it a try, even if only a cheap one.

Maybe me and my wife have been lucky but in the last 30 years she has had one accident - a hit in the rear bumper/quarter panel by an illegal with no insurance on the San Francisco Bay Bridge. I’ve also only had one accident since I was a teenager and that was 100% my fault as I was trying to fix the lid/straw on my drink cup and rear ended a woman in a Suburban. Dash cams would have been zero help but I get why people have them if they get into lots of collisions. One of our old neighbors had been in 13 accidents in the 7 years we lived next to her. I worked in the collision industry so she was one of our best customers!

Maybe me and my wife have been lucky but in the last 30 years she has had one accident - a hit in the rear bumper/quarter panel by an illegal with no insurance on the San Francisco Bay Bridge. I’ve also only had one accident since I was a teenager and that was 100% my fault as I was trying to fix the lid/straw on my drink cup and rear ended a woman in a Suburban. Dash cams would have been zero help but I get why people have them if they get into lots of collisions. One of our old neighbors had been in 13 accidents in the 7 years we lived next to her. I worked in the collision industry so she was one of our best customers!

It has nothing to do with someone getting into a lot of collisions. It only takes one collision and the cop siding with the other person for you to take a hit with your insurance and to be issued a citation when it should be someone else's responsibility.

It has nothing to do with someone getting into a lot of collisions. It only takes one collision and the cop siding with the other person for you to take a hit with your insurance and to be issued a citation when it should be someone else's responsibility.

Makes sense and I’ll get one when we move to Florida for the winters in 4 years. Naples has to be one of the best places to have an elderly person run into your car. It’s amazing how many fender benders I’ve witnessed the last several years only being there about 35 days/year driving maybe 10 miles a day. Minnesota is a no-fault state for auto accidents so your insurance is likely going up even if it’s not your fault.

Makes sense and I’ll get one when we move to Florida for the winters in 4 years. Naples has to be one of the best places to have an elderly person run into your car. It’s amazing how many fender benders I’ve witnessed the last several years only being there about 35 days/year driving maybe 10 miles a day. Minnesota is a no-fault state for auto accidents so your insurance is likely going up even if it’s not your fault.

FL is a no fault state too, however it doesn't really work like that. If fault is proven, your insurance stays put in most instances.

I don't personally have one, but our company is about 95% of the way through having them installed in the trucks leased on with us. Each of the trucks is outfitted with 3 cameras (no rear facing) and it's gotten us out of many, many lawsuits already since implementation. I'm not privy to the manufacturer of our camera's, but within our industry it's becoming far more common to have them installed across the fleet.

I need one when we drive back to Mexico for 5 months. It's a great deterrent for the police who extort the Gringos during traffic stops (mordida).

I've been thinking about getting one for awhile. Just never do. Now, you guys have me thinking about it again. Driving in north St. Louis every day is always an adventure. Stopping at red lights is apparently optional. If for nothing else, it would be good entertainment for my Wife when I'm telling her about all the ridiculous things I see people do during my 2 hours daily commute.

Until I started browsing Amazon this morning, I had no idea they were so affordable. Definitely going to order one and give it a try, even if only a cheap one.

So, I did, and it's definitely a cheapie ... $20 and free Prime shipping. Supposed to arrive today. Should be fun.

Did you ever make a decision, JB?

So, I did, and it's definitely a cheapie ... $20 and free Prime shipping. Supposed to arrive today. Should be fun.

Did you ever make a decision, JB?

Going with the one spoken about earlier. As seen in the follow along with staff writers thread there was a bit of irony with all of this.

Going with the one spoken about earlier. As seen in the follow along with staff writers thread there was a bit of irony with all of this.

I’d have given a whole lot to have had that video.

Though, it is permanently stuck playing in my head. Haha

it would have certainly helped answer the question "did I hit you or did you hit me?"

Yup. Didn't follow that, but just scanned through it. The Hot Melt thread makes more sense now, too.

Glad no one was hurt.

Tomorrow the Momento M6 gets Installed

Bought a new truck a couple of weeks ago, the Rexling from the Rogue was installed the next day......I even have one on the Goldwing, added pics of the new truck.....

Attachments

• IMG_8345.JPG
    IMG_8345.JPG
    103.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8344.JPG
    IMG_8344.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Momento M6 was installed today. Like what I am seeing so far.

4406c26290f665b650b8537c4e55c367.jpg

Momento M6 was installed today. Like what I am seeing so far.

4406c26290f665b650b8537c4e55c367.jpg

looks good JB, you'll never drive without one again they are awesome

This thing works great. Quick rear view picture from this morning on my way to the barber.

31e368fee2db6d9de3e70bbc8fc9431a.jpg

Considering I live in a city where police will not come out for accidents any longer (unless cars are immobile or there are injuries) I am looking into getting one of these. What model would people recommend?

Well, let's see if the day cam caught wife's accident.. apparently some lady making an illegal uturn in front of her.. sounds like there's a witness this time thankfully
cbc9bfa8752febb92d548c013c1ce280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greekelite;n8891405 said:
Well, let's see if the day cam caught wife's accident.. apparently some lady making an illegal uturn in front of her.. sounds like there's a witness this time thankfully
cbc9bfa8752febb92d548c013c1ce280.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hope no one was injured.

Back