Transitions Contacts - Anyone try these yet?

Never heard of them but as an Oasys wearer and very sensitive to light I'd be super interested if they come in my prescription. Pretty cool if they work

Calling my Dr. today to give them a go. I think they might be awesome for golf...

Dang those could be pretty nice to have. If they don't dry my eyes out like most contacts I'd be all over ordering some.

As a longtime contact wearer may have to try this to see how they work.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I almost went that route but decided to just go Lasik route and it was the smarter choice in the end.

d569e98f1a70e2f79238e16ab86baaa3.jpg

Nabbed a sample pair to try out today!

They are pretty interesting so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want to try these. I will call my doctor for a set ASAP.

d569e98f1a70e2f79238e16ab86baaa3.jpg

Nabbed a sample pair to try out today!

They are pretty interesting so far.

What do you mean by interesting? Do they work like transition lenses in glasses? Do the lenses turn dark in your eyes cause that would look pretty cool haha

I've got an eye appointment on Monday. I'll definitely ask about them.

What do you mean by interesting? Do they work like transition lenses in glasses? Do the lenses turn dark in your eyes cause that would look pretty cool haha

Yes, they change color!

I have light blue eyes and they make my eyes a creepy dark blue when They hit the light. Indoors so far they are only a slight touch darker.
They are pretty sweet so far. It feels like I’m wearing some very mellow sun glasses.
I plan to test them with one normal contsct just to really feel the difference.
Will post some pics of my eyes. So far, i’m very i intrigued and likely will buy some boxes

I wear Acuvue and wear sunglasses everywhere with the exception of golf. Very interested in these.

Yes, they change color!

I have light blue eyes and they make my eyes a creepy dark blue when They hit the light. Indoors so far they are only a slight touch darker.
They are pretty sweet so far. It feels like I’m wearing some very mellow sun glasses.
I plan to test them with one normal contsct just to really feel the difference.
Will post some pics of my eyes. So far, i’m very i intrigued and likely will buy some boxes

Wow that is interesting. I’m very intrigued

How long do they take to adjust when coming indoors on a bright day? My wife's glasses seem to take a long time to transition to clear.

I'm an eye doc and have prescribed these for my patients as well as tried them on myself. They do cut glare a little but are in no way a substitute for sunglasses. They simply do not get dark enough. My patient response has, unfortunately, been less than favorable. They also will make your eyes look a bit creepy as the tint goes edge to edge and some of it overlaps onto the white of the eye (sclera).

I was hoping for a game changer as the concept seems great but for golf, I suggest a good pair of sunglasses will serve you better. I would be interested in the opinions of those of you trying them for the first time.

I'm an eye doc and have prescribed these for my patients as well as tried them on myself. They do cut glare a little but are in no way a substitute for sunglasses. They simply do not get dark enough. My patient response has, unfortunately, been less than favorable. They also will make your eyes look a bit creepy as the tint goes edge to edge and some of it overlaps onto the white of the eye (sclera).

I was hoping for a game changer as the concept seems great but for golf, I suggest a good pair of sunglasses will serve you better. I would be interested in the opinions of those of you trying them for the first time.

I would never have assumed they would be a substitute for sunglasses. Being very light sensitive I would hope that maybe they reduce a bit of that bright glare when walking outside before putting sunglasses on.

Thanks for the information. I haven't been able to get accustomed to wearing sunglasses while playing golf so I was hoping these would be a good alternative. If the lenses give me some protection, it'll be more than I get from not wearing sunglasses on the course.

Still, I'll take your advice and keep looking for a pair of sunglasses that fit decently on my big old watermelon sized head.

I love transitions in my glasses if I could wear contacts I'd be all over these!

Got a round of golf in this afternoon and these are just what I would want them to be. They give off a slightly shaded view with a touch of a rose color. I’m talking very slight here. It is like wearing a VERY light shade of rosey (very slight rose hue here) sunglasses. I’m quite impressed and will be ordering them for my golf rounds on sunny days.
I guess the most notable impact is a bit less squinting. I think the fact that they transition a little here or there depending on the light coming into your eyes, any perception of change was essentially impossible for me to notice.

Def liking them and ordering some.

I think this feedback is spot on. I wouldn’t disagree with any of it.

Personally, i don’t like wearing sunglasses on the course, so these fit the bill for me. Just a bit more protection than wearing nothing.

I don’t mind the creepy dark eyes...they help intimidate my opponents! Haha...joking.

I think the key for anyone looking at these is that the impact is slight here. Nothing like true sunglasses. Personally, its just what I would want for the golf course. Major change would throw off my perception and these dont do that.

Had these on all day today on a bright sunny day and I’m def a fan. Nice to not wear sunglasses and not have to squint quite as much.

Curious if anyone has tried these lately. I ramdomly bought more a few weeks ago and they are pretty fantastic for sunny golf days.

No but I sure as hell will be looking for these to try

Back