Don't buy Kenmore

Kenmore went downhill. They used to be top notch in the appliance field, but last 5 or so years, they changed and the quality of their products greatly suffered. I think they are a dying brand, sadly.

I will add that we put in a Bosch dishwasher 6-7 years ago. It has been awesome. And we had a part fail on it and Bosch backed up their product 100%.

In most cases, newer appliances are made with different technologies to meet energy efficiency requirements. Those technologies, especially compressors for refrigeration, are not as robust as older tech.

All brands have lemons, and for every brand mentioned here, I can give an instance of the opposite behavior. Of late, we have had great luck with LG. Our front-load washer replaced an awful Bosch and has made my wife forget all about her original Maytag. We have had two window ACs and a refrigerator from LG and thus far (4-7 years) they have been great. My first inclination was to say OP's refrigerator was made by Samsung, which had a really bad stretch with washers and refrigerators a few years back. Like their TVs though.

So, out of the blue, after I went out and bought a fridge, my home warranty agreed to pay for the old one. I'm supposed to get almost $1700 from them. That'll take care of my new one plus some.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That has to be a nice surprise.

That has to be a nice surprise.
Yeah, I didn't expect anything out of them after the s**tshow last week.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Don’t buy anything Samsung either. I have a washer, dryer, and dish washer. They all suck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So that extra 500 is gonna go to what, a new putter maybe???

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back