Let's hear some of your Side Hustles; I've got to have one!

pattyboy21

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I see the last thread about this dates to 2012, so thought I'd start a new one.

My wife and I quit our jobs 3 years ago, sold everything, and started traveling. We both recruit remotely as we sure can't afford to retire - for the past 2 years we have mostly lived in Mexico. What I really need at this point is a side hustle that I engage in remotely from Mexico. I'm not an IT guy, so that option isn't available.

What are some of the side hustles THPers are into nowadays?

My side hustle was bootleg sports designs until I got caught by MLB. Now I just do graphic design for friends and family. Nice way to make some extra spending money. Not enough to live off of alone though.

In addition to my career, I run a golf custom shop/e commerce site, and I'm in the process of launching a custom order online shop for film crews. The trick for me has been to learn to make money from things that I do for fun, rather than go out looking for additional income from stuff I have no personal interest in.

As a break from my behavioral health supervisor job, I wait tables.. good exercise, decent $, can turn that part of my brain off... But i Have applied to teach online classes for the local community college, those late night kill me and I can just grade papers and tests from my couch

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Interesting thread topic, I will be following!

I sold POS credit card machines for a short while. It’s good money if you can sell a lot but it’s a tough market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sell silencers.

I write copy for my wife's freelance business. Feels good to put that English degree to good use every now and then.

I play the lottery. Should be paying off any day now........

I'm a lawyer. Sometimes I will pick up some side-work from friends that own their own firms (I don't). Good for some extra cash for golf purchases. Especially ones that are "off the books."

I teach high school design & engineering classes. My side hustle is freelance industrial design, floor plans, etc. I have recently started teaching online classes(engineering, digital art, and computer science). I used to build 6 speed transmissions for extra cash. There's all kinds of ways to make an extra buck if you're motivated!!

I help out my wife with her freelancing from time to time. It doesn't really pay, but I get free stuff on the regular.

I occasionally do some fixing of things. Guitars, computers, household appliances. I'm handy with a soldering iron and I know how computers talk to each other.

I am an assistant pastor at our church. I get paid zilch and it takes a lot of free time.

I grow things in the garden.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I help out my wife with her freelancing from time to time. It doesn't really pay, but I get free stuff on the regular.

I occasionally do some fixing of things. Guitars, computers, household appliances. I'm handy with a soldering iron and I know how computers talk to each other.

There's no killer app I haven't run
At Pascal, well I'm number one
Do vector calculus just for fun...

soldering iron.jpg

I string tennis rackets. There's not many that I do, and it's not much extra money, but in the 18 months I've done it, it has paid for my stringer. I had mainly started doing it because there's 3 (and soon to be 4) of us in the family that play regularly, and when you factor in each person with two rackets that require, at minimum, 5 restringing a year, that can add up quick.

When I'm not Managing a Quality System during the day, I've been a semi-professional local musician for 37 years. You can make some OK cash, but the equipment can be expensive up front.

Not sure I'd call it a "hustle" though ... more of a passion.

Work a side gig from time to time helping with planning of weddings/trade shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's no killer app I haven't run
At Pascal, well I'm number one
Do vector calculus just for fun...

View attachment 40884

Years of military training in everything from fiber optic repair, soldering, programming, network infrastructure maintenance...mostly to fix RROD on X-Box 360's, rewire the commander's favorite coffeepot, and undo the throttling the ISP put on our switches in Afghanistan. Your tax dollars hard at work.

I started off as a diesel mechanic...so I fix vehicles, trucks, and heavy machinery on the side!

I sell silencers.

Really? Are those legal? Do you order online and drop ship or do you maintain inventory? That seems like a pretty cool niche.

Back