The Movie Review Thread

If any of you guys who were on moviepass have an AMC near you, the AList membership is a great alternative. I had moviepass for a year as well and it was awesome living in NYC because I could see all the smaller films but now that I'm in a smaller town, AList has become invaluable to me. I catch at least 1 Dolby/IMAX a week for only $20/mo. Makes me feel much better watching crappy movies like Brightburn, haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If any of you guys who were on moviepass have an AMC near you, the AList membership is a great alternative. I had moviepass for a year as well and it was awesome living in NYC because I could see all the smaller films but now that I'm in a smaller town, AList has become invaluable to me. I catch at least 1 Dolby/IMAX a week for only $20/mo. Makes me feel much better watching crappy movies like Brightburn, haha.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I'm a member of the AMC pass. $22 a month and I can see up to 3 movies a week. I'll never see that many but I figure if I make it to 3+ a month I'll be ahead.

Saw two this weekend.

Rocketman: really loved it. Kind of a Rock opera. Stay for a little into the credits to see pics of the film Elton compared to ral pics of Elton in the same costumes. Very well acted.

Godzilla: um... my favorite part of the movie was when Boston is destroyed. Wish they'd used Gillette stadium down in Foxboro to call all the monsters. Would have been better to see Bady's house torn down. Ha. I wasn't expecting a great or even good film. Picked this one over Dark Phoenix based on online reviews. Have to see that now to determine which is worse. LOL.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I'm a member of the AMC pass. $22 a month and I can see up to 3 movies a week. I'll never see that many but I figure if I make it to 3+ a month I'll be ahead.

Saw two this weekend.

Rocketman: really loved it. Kind of a Rock opera. Stay for a little into the credits to see pics of the film Elton compared to ral pics of Elton in the same costumes. Very well acted.

Godzilla: um... my favorite part of the movie was when Boston is destroyed. Wish they'd used Gillette stadium down in Foxboro to call all the monsters. Would have been better to see Bady's house torn down. Ha. I wasn't expecting a great or even good film. Picked this one over Dark Phoenix based on online reviews. Have to see that now to determine which is worse. LOL.

Man I miss the OG moviepass, 1 movie a day for 10 bucks a month. I knew it wouldn't last but it was sweet while it did.

Spiderman into the Spiderverse was amazing.

The computer animation was pretty incredible.

Spiderman into the Spiderverse was amazing.

The computer animation was pretty incredible.

I took my son to see it in the theater and we both really enjoyed it. We watched a little bit of it on Netflix this morning.

Took the little one to see Toy Story 4. It was very different than the first 3, but to me it was just okay. Not amazing.

Took the little one to see Toy Story 4. It was very different than the first 3, but to me it was just okay. Not amazing.

Really? I thought it was a perfect conclusion to the series.

Really? I thought it was a perfect conclusion to the series.

I thought it was a good movie, just not as good as the first 3.

TS3 was a better conclusion IMO than TS4

Different movies. TS3 was completing Andy’s story and TS4 was completing Woodys story.

Took the kids to see The Secret Life of Pets 2, and it was quite funny. We all loved the first one, and will probably have to watch this one a couple more times after it's out of the theater to fully enjoy it.

If you're a pet owner and like to laugh, either of these flicks are worth watching.

Just finished Spiderman Into the Spiderverse.....

WOW. Absolutely loved it. The animation in it was nutz!

Far From Home on Tuesday. I am stoked!

Watching it for the fourth time tonight.

Freaking love it. I want them to make like 50 of them haha!! In fact, give me any super hero tier movie with this level of humor and animation and I'll watch every single one of them.

Would be awesome to get a Deadpool like this.

Its on Netflix in 4K and I am floored at how insanely good it looks.

Toy Story 4 was truly FANTASTIC.

The story honestly completed the saga, I thought 3 did that well, this did it better.

Saw Yesterday last night. Bit of a let down. It had some genuinely funny moments and it could have been truly great if not for some massive plot holes and majorly rushed final act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I saw Hustlers last weekend. It's horrible! Someone said Jennifer Lopez could win an Oscar for this movie...must have been watching a different movie than me!

Joker was good, though it wasn’t lightly entertaining or fun, that’s for sure. The exploration of his insanity and descent into murder was disturbing. Jauquin Phoenix may well be looking at winning some awards for his performance.

Midway.

I already knew the history of it. The movie humanize the story and stays pretty darn factually accurate. The movie was good, I enjoyed it.

Back