Status
Not open for further replies.
This one sure stings. I shouldn't ever play favorites but in a lifetime of owning dogs, Clyde was the very best of them all.

8/21/08 - 8/1/19

e88383b4ed587c82e86f9b8620d818eb.jpg
590701cbd6e288095d070e973129bd70.jpg
6ebffc73db5f154e6fb9c8236b20ce01.jpg

Beautiful animal!!! Sorry for your loss.

This one sure stings. I shouldn't ever play favorites but in a lifetime of owning dogs, Clyde was the very best of them all.

8/21/08 - 8/1/19

e88383b4ed587c82e86f9b8620d818eb.jpg
590701cbd6e288095d070e973129bd70.jpg
6ebffc73db5f154e6fb9c8236b20ce01.jpg

Sorry to hear that. He looks like a great dog.

The Pets Thread

Just an update on the dog I picked up the other day. The rescue sent me this picture and said he’s doing well. Looks like he’s totally relaxed and has started to put on some weight. I’m going to stop in and check on him this weekend. I don’t think he’s ready to adopt yet but I’m seriously considering getting him when he does go up for adoption

e85612e70bc53436fdbd222354a3cd9e.jpg

Just an update on the dog I picked up the other day. The rescue sent me this picture and said he’s doing well. Looks like he’s totally relaxed and has started to put on some weight. I’m going to stop in and check on him this weekend. I don’t think he’s ready to adopt yet but I’m seriously considering getting him when he does go up for adoption

e85612e70bc53436fdbd222354a3cd9e.jpg
I hope he recognizes you and jumps up on you and you have no choice but to adopt him!

Update: doggos are playing nice mostly.. some tussling and neck bites but never with intent to hurt .. we gave up on not letting him on the couch lol
73cb50c885a37ca00e6c5a96d7e356ae.jpg
9259ad0daa6a5fc70c0282fd080a97f0.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The Pets Thread

I hope he recognizes you and jumps up on you and you have no choice but to adopt him!

It’ll ultimately comes down to whether our dog will get along with him or not. I have no reason to think she won’t because she’s got along with every dog she’s come across but you never know.

I wish more people around here would adopt from this rescue. They are the only one in the area and they are always full. They have such a hard time adopting out animals that there are groups from all around the country that come in and take a few dozen at a time to put in their shelters because they’re more likely to be adopted there. Everyone here wants pure bred dogs which is fine I guess. But I’ve yet to meet a shelter dog that didn’t end up being a great pet if someone is willing to put some effort into them

Are your dogs pit mixes? They get a bad rap for no reason. My job takes me into peoples homes on a regular basis and the most friendly dogs I run across are pit mixes. I don’t know that I’ve met one that’s aggressive

It’ll ultimately comes down to whether our dog will get along with him or not. I have no reason to think she won’t because she’s got along with every dog she’s come across but you never know.

I wish more people around here would adopt from this rescue. They are the only one in the area and they are always full. They have such a hard time adopting out animals that there are groups from all around the country that come in and take a few dozen at a time to put in their shelters because they’re more likely to be adopted there. Everyone here wants pure bred dogs which is fine I guess. But I’ve yet to meet a shelter dog that didn’t end up being a great pet if someone is willing to put some effort into them

Are your dogs pit mixes? They get a bad rap for no reason. My job takes me into peoples homes on a regular basis and the most friendly dogs I run across are pit mixes. I don’t know that I’ve met one that’s aggressive

I love shelter/adopted dogs, they're just so grateful and loyal.. sure some bad habits but that's what training is for. We adopted our first (the dark one, Rocco, who's a pit mix w/ something) from a co-workers family cuz he was going to jail.. he's now 5 and we wanted a pal for him so we got Walter, who is pure staffordshire/American pit (not sure which). giant hard as a rock head (walked straight into a trailer hitch ball, didn't phase him), stubby legs, big doofus

Overly cuddly, wants to climb all over for licks, flops down like a loaf of bread, and super playful and patient with our dog, who has no sense of personal space with other dogs.. Rocco (dark one) is afraid of a plastic bag floating in the breeze, only aggressive of there's like a dog on the other side of the fence he wants to play with he tries to chew thru the fence like a maniac lol we're working on that and hoping Walter will help him socialize overall more

My friend has a 100 lb pit as well that's just like a lump of jelly... Hell he got stuck on the top of the couch once, he tried to go off the back to say his but got stuck and rear legs couldn't reach the cushions to push off.. another doofus

I think I'll always have pitties

Thought we were going to lose this guy last night.

photo35885.jpg

We've been fighting some intestinal and malabsorption problems all year, which the Vet hasn't been able to definitively diagnose . He's lost about 15 pounds since this started, and his appetite really comes and goes, so getting him to eat sometimes has been really tough. Got home from work yesterday and he was really lethargic, which has never been an issue, and he wouldn't eat or drink anything, not even his favorite treats. Long story short, made the hour drive to the Hospital where we've had some recent testing done, honestly looked like he was shutting down on the way, but he rebounded some by the time we got there. They kept him overnight, ran some more tests, and will start him on the treatment program we've figured all along would be necessary, and hope it does the trick. The Vet's preferred option would have been to run another $5K in tests, without any assurance that the tests would give an absolute diagnosis. The route we're taking will hopefully turn things around, and we will just have to keep him on some medications for the rest of his days. Hoping and praying this is successful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back