Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are great picture Duey. Oreo seems to act a lot like a dog I didn't think cats cuddled up to people like that?

Oh yes they do GG. Usually it will be on their own terms. Like I posted earlier I have 5 and at least 3 of them think they are dogs.

Those are great picture Duey. Oreo seems to act a lot like a dog I didn't think cats cuddled up to people like that?

Yep, wr is right GG. You just never know what your going to get with a cat. This one is the cuddliest cat I've ever seen. If Liz is gone or in another room he will be on my lap in a flash purring, but very seldom does it if liz will see, lol. He sleeps between us or at our feet everynight. I feed him a small snack every night about 9:30, so starting at 9 he sits and stares at me. I have him trained to jump up and sit on his litterbox while I get his food ready, he jumps down when I tell him "ok", haha.

I'll get a picture of him up there tonight. He's a funny cat. :D

I feed him a small snack every night about 9:30, so starting at 9 he sits and stares at me. I have him trained to jump up and sit on his litterbox while I get his food ready, he jumps down when I tell him "ok", haha.

Uh Duey - Sounds like he has you trained, not the other way around.

Pretty much right there Diane, but works for me!

Uh Duey - Sounds like he has you trained, not the other way around.

Just like we have our dogs trained to wake us up in the morning, right about their breakfast time!

Guess the Breed

Guess the Breed

Here is "JJ".

Anybody care to guess the breed. One pic is JJ after "Show Grooming" and the other is JJ doing what he was bred to do.

dave

JJ-Adult-IWSPuppiesjpg.jpg

JJ-Exit-Crop.jpg

I don't know what kind of water spaniel that is, but very sweet. I bet you have some great puppy pic's

Re: Pet Picture Thread

How about a Labradoodle?

Great dog Dave... now show some puppy pic's. I always wanted an English water spaniel, if thats what they are called. Good looking dogs right there.

Looks like a fun ball of fluff. I'm always intrigued by how tight their curls are.

... it is an Irish Water Spaniel.

dave

American Kennel Club - Irish Water Spaniel

Cool looking dog, I wouldn't have guessed the Irish though. LOL

There was a guy in our retriever club who had a couple of the AWS's and he would bring them out for the fun trials the club put on, they loved to retrieve but were so small that sometimes picking up a big duck was a chore.

We are not very picture intensive. But here is a puppy pic (4 months). My brother in law's comment on first seeing JJ was "looks to me like a giant knitting mistake".

dave

JJ-12-16-BB-Crop.jpg

Cool looking dog, I wouldn't have guessed the Irish though. LOL

There was a guy in our retriever club who had a couple of the AWS's and he would bring them out for the fun trials the club put on, they loved to retrieve but were so small that sometimes picking up a big duck was a chore.

I'm not sure what an AWS is, but an Irish Water Spaniel is a pretty good sized dog (males weigh 60-70 pounds - JJ typically weighs abut 62 lbs) and can easily handle a Canadian Goose.

dave

I'm not sure what an AWS is, but an Irish Water Spaniel is a pretty good sized dog (males weigh 60-70 pounds - JJ typically weighs abut 62 lbs) and can easily handle a Canadian Goose.

dave

American Kennel Club - American Water Spaniel
He had two females and they were on the small size
Ranging in size from 15 to 18 inches tall at the shoulder and 25 to 45 pounds.

I had a little female chocolate Lab that might have weighed 45 lbs., she would drag a goose by the neck but couldn't get it in her mouth. She was the hardest working Lab that I ever had, all she wanted to do was retrieve any time she was out of the kennel.

dave

FYI - JJ's half-sister. dave

flikkaduckland2.jpg

My friends have several Spinoni who love to hunt. One day we were in their backyard by the pool and a bird flew in too low. One of the dogs jumped up and grabbed the bird. It was amazing to watch.

American Kennel Club - American Water Spaniel
He had two females and they were on the small size

I had a little female chocolate Lab that might have weighed 45 lbs., she would drag a goose by the neck but couldn't get it in her mouth. She was the hardest working Lab that I ever had, all she wanted to do was retrieve any time she was out of the kennel.

AWS = American Water Spaniel. I should have figured that out. JJ's vet's computer system doesn't have Irish Water Spaniel in its database, so (according to my vet) JJ is an AWS! :banghead:

dave

AWS = American Water Spaniel. I should have figured that out. JJ's vet's computer system doesn't have Irish Water Spaniel in its database, so (according to my vet) JJ is an AWS! :banghead:

dave

Haha, AWS was going to be my first guess but I thought your dog looked bigger than the ones I've seen. Turns out it is bigger.:D

Do you use her as a hunting retriever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back