Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for your lose Boder.

So sorry for your loss Boder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear. It’s something every pet owner goes through and no matter how many times you’re never ready for it.

So very true.

We had 8 great years with him. The wife and I rescued him from a shelter as a pup on our 1st wedding anniversary. He was our first kid and the best dog I have ever had.

b7320bdb86407026b57468ac685f2fc0.jpg

Had to say goodbye to my buddy today. Was the hardest thing I have had to do in my 33 years of life. This is the last picture I took of him when he was still well.

Man this sucks. Sorry for your loss

We have an older dog and I’m slowly coming to grips that I’m going to be facing this with her.

Growing up we weren’t allowed to have dogs and as soon as I could I owned one as an adult. I’ve had to do this twice before and it sucked each time. Took me a couple of weeks to get back to where I was emotionally and mentally.

Sorry Boder that is never easy.

They are our buddies, aren't they Boder? Just remember, you were his buddy and more. People love and care for these pets like you do have the capacity to love again. Give yourself the time you need in the meantime.

Had to say goodbye to my buddy today. Was the hardest thing I have had to do in my 33 years of life. This is the last picture I took of him when he was still well.

So sorry, Boder. It’s heartbreaking. As much as it hurts, he’s well now. And he remains with you in spirit. Every once in a while, I think I see my dog, Cutter John, out of the corner of my eye. I said goodbye to him 24 years ago. I firmly believe he’s always with me just as your buddy will be with you.

So sorry to hear boder, he's chasing all the squirrels in doggie heaven now

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

That’s a tough loss. Sorry to hear about that.

I'm so sorry for your loss. They really are our best friends.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

After two weeks of looking on North TX rescue sites for a companion dog for Jax, we found a real beauty. We named her Luka: the kids kept hearing Luka Doncic’s name from the Dallas Mavericks and they though it would fit so we went for it. She is half black lab and half husky, so the blue eyes and white fur make for a real unique combination. She is 5 months old and weighs 30 lbs and will grow to about 50 lbs. She is real sweet and gets along great with Jax. Luka can run and jump like her namesake and has energy to the 10th power. She almost cleared the couch while we were sitting on it!! Here’s to hoping for a good, long life with this new addition to the family!
PS: I really appreciate the thoughts after Stella left us. The THP forum is the best and its things like this that makes this group of people the greatest place to talk about golf, life and all things in between!
bcdd003ce4c77d43c9274cd458693bc0.jpg
495ee7aaa69b1b8e06ad60471b3141ed.jpg
4d1eab53e9374d1844d386c2377014f0.jpg

My wife and I had to make the very tough decision this morning to return Luka to her foster mom. She is a beautiful, intelligent dog, but our current dog, Jax, is terrified of Luka to the point where he would rather be upstairs than downstairs with her. Luka needs a rough and tumble playmate and Jax unfortunately does not fit the bill. The foster mom checked in with my wife every few days and received updates and knew this was a probability. We tried everything we could to get them to be buddies but they weren’t jelling. We are lucky that she can go back to a loving family for the time being. The foster mom completely understands our thoughts which makes it a bit easier. We feel bad but this is for the best of both dogs. Jax has been in our life for almost 4 years and to see him sink inside of a shell is painful to see. We’ve rescued/adopted six different dogs in our 21 years together so this is a first for us. Hopefully we can find a great match for Jax soon.

So sorry, Boder. It’s heartbreaking. As much as it hurts, he’s well now. And he remains with you in spirit. Every once in a while, I think I see my dog, Cutter John, out of the corner of my eye. I said goodbye to him 24 years ago. I firmly believe he’s always with me just as your buddy will be with you.

Yep the hallucinations are in full effect and it’s hard to even open a dam door without looking to see where he is.

So sorry to hear boder, he's chasing all the squirrels in doggie heaven now

He most definitely is. Squirrels were his arch nemesis.

This isn’t really a pet post and I’m not looking for a pat on the back. It’s more of a plea to stop letting your pets outside off a leash and expecting them to come back every time. I see that all the time around here.

I found this little guy on the side of the road. I thought he was dead because he didn’t move until I got right beside him. He had given up and was damn near starved to death. I threw them in my work van and gave him some water and took him to a no kill shelter. He’s got a long road ahead of him but he should be OK

d7e05153889326ca3e4d94871dec99af.jpg

a01933c2c8a1619ecf8d745481fc1c2d.jpg

b0d0fa9cf2897366847833200d2692db.jpg

OMG that is absolutely heartbreaking to see. I am so glad you found him and he has a future now. Things like this just kill me. I so badly want to strike it rich so I can save animals.

Man that is awesome and heart breaking at the same time. Little do you know you made that little guys day/life. Hopefully he will find a good home.

Good on you @LLIB. He is a good looking pup

I passed him early on my way to a doctors appointment and I didn’t have time to stop and get him. I told myself if he was still there on the way back through I would pick him up. I didn’t think there would be a chance in hell he would be there but he was laying on the edge of the road in a really bad spot. I thought for sure someone had hit him but I didn’t see blood or anything and when I got about 3 feet from him he finally raised his head. He was like a limp noodle when I picked him up, he had completely given up

Good on you @LLIB. He is a good looking pup

Thanks

They said it will be about 30 days before he’s ready to be adopted because of quarantine and some treatments they are going to give him. I’ll probably check in around the first of September and if he’s still there I have a feeling I’ll have a second beagle

Poor little guy ^ hope he gets to be yours!

We are looking to adopt another doggo, took Rocco to meet him yesterday and doing the home visit Friday afternoon

Walkie:

8a3724b9df4ae0eb064e702d130a381b.jpg
a8a5ab1b66945a964c3ba03679b172d6.jpg

Only downside, he's not housebroken and has a pretty bad habit of jumping on people.. going to be a little tougher to train at 3 y/o

Poor little guy ^ hope he gets to be yours!

We are looking to adopt another doggo, took Rocco to meet him yesterday and doing the home visit Friday afternoon

Walkie:

8a3724b9df4ae0eb064e702d130a381b.jpg
a8a5ab1b66945a964c3ba03679b172d6.jpg

Only downside, he's not housebroken and has a pretty bad habit of jumping on people.. going to be a little tougher to train at 3 y/o

Pretty boy!!!!

Thanks

They said it will be about 30 days before he’s ready to be adopted because of quarantine and some treatments they are going to give him. I’ll probably check in around the first of September and if he’s still there I have a feeling I’ll have a second beagle

I really hope you can rescue him, he will be a very faithful friend.

This isn’t really a pet post and I’m not looking for a pat on the back. It’s more of a plea to stop letting your pets outside off a leash and expecting them to come back every time. I see that all the time around here.

I found this little guy on the side of the road. I thought he was dead because he didn’t move until I got right beside him. He had given up and was damn near starved to death. I threw them in my work van and gave him some water and took him to a no kill shelter. He’s got a long road ahead of him but he should be OK

I know you aren't looking for a pat on the back. But, you are getting one from me anyways. Good on you to get him help.

I passed him early on my way to a doctors appointment and I didn’t have time to stop and get him. I told myself if he was still there on the way back through I would pick him up. I didn’t think there would be a chance in hell he would be there but he was laying on the edge of the road in a really bad spot. I thought for sure someone had hit him but I didn’t see blood or anything and when I got about 3 feet from him he finally raised his head. He was like a limp noodle when I picked him up, he had completely given up

Good for you brother. That infuriates me. So glad you rescued him. God bless you

I really hope you can rescue him, he will be a very faithful friend.

I think we’ll have to be quick. Beagles with his temperament usually get adopted pretty fast. My wife and I have been toying with the idea of getting another so Ellie can have a companion. He reminded me of how she was when we got her. She was super skinny and “broken” as my wife says. It took a few months for her real personality to come out but when it did it was polar opposite of the dog we thought we adopted. And I wouldn’t have it any other way

93d8b43393bfef81f298859f75b4e2a7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back