Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

The Imp sure didnt make out very well did he? He all but saved their butts till Daddy came riding in and got nothing for it but a big scar and a crappy room.

He found out that Shae loves him and wasn't with him just for his family's money. I'd say he made out pretty well there, judging from his reaction when she told him that...

He found out that Shae loves him and wasn't with him just for his family's money. I'd say he made out pretty well there, judging from his reaction when she told him that...

Spoiler
Not quite what it appears. She's a *****, don't forget that.

Since she is not a character in the books, how can you know that for sure??

Shae is most certainly a character in the books.

Shae is most certainly a character in the books.

Is she?? I thought I remembered people complaining earlier this season about her character and not being in the novels...?

Edit - It was the Ros character I was thinking of that wasn't in the novels. Had to go back in the thread and find it....

Is she?? I thought I remembered people complaining earlier this season about her character and not being in the novels...?

Edit - It was the Ros character I was thinking of that wasn't in the novels. Had to go back in the thread and find it....

Yeah, Ros isn't in the novels. Kind of angered that they used her instead of Alayaya when Cercei thinks she has Tyrion's gal.

Disappointed a bit with this season. Felt like all the episodes were buildups to the final 2 episodes. Now after the last 2 episodes I want more dang it!

Yeah, Ros isn't in the novels. Kind of angered that they used her instead of Alayaya when Cercei thinks she has Tyrion's gal.
Yeah they kind of combined the two...Although Ross is only mentioned in the books. I guess they figured it would be more of an attachment to Ross if she was there from the begining as we don't meet Alayaya until way later (though I think she's a better charachter than Ross). The Stanis scene, I think, was in there half just to prove he was still alive and will be back in season 3.
Overall I think they did a pretty good job of hanging with the books in season 2. Sometimes they took odd paths to get to big events, but they still got there. Nothing has changed outcomes yet. Although I'm still wondering why Brienne is heading TO Riverrun. (again... in the end it probably won't matter)

Although I'm still wondering why Brienne is heading TO Riverrun. (again... in the end it probably won't matter)

I don't think she is. I think she was lying about their destination, since later in the scene I think she said something about having sworn to Catelynn that she would get Jaime to King's Landing.

I don't think she is. I think she was lying about their destination, since later in the scene I think she said something about having sworn to Catelynn that she would get Jaime to King's Landing.

Watched that part again last night and you are exactly right.

Tyrion's injury not as bad as in the book, guess it would take a lot of makeup to make it look like his nose was almost completely cut off

Tyrion's injury not as bad as in the book, guess it would take a lot of makeup to make it look like his nose was almost completely cut off

I think they would have to CGI it for every shot he would be in and that's just way too expensive for an HBO series...

They would probably have to CGI it, like Lt. Dan's legs in Forrest Gump. That would probably be pretty tricky to do with a nose.

So last night I came across the On Demand channel at the in-laws house and noticed both season 1 and 2, all episodes, at my disposal. I watched the first episode for season 1 last night.

Give me a reason I should not continue before I invest myself into the show. Tell me now or forever hold your piece!

The penultimate episode will make you forsake all you have ever held dear out of anger.
So last night I came across the On Demand channel at the in-laws house and noticed both season 1 and 2, all episodes, at my disposal. I watched the first episode for season 1 last night.

Give me a reason I should not continue before I invest myself into the show. Tell me now or forever hold your piece!

Do it! The first season is amazing!

All the cool kids are doing it. :alien: BTW mhachtx, I'm an ODU grad... be seeing you soon.

Watch them. If you are not hooked by the end of the Season 1 finale, I will be shocked....

I am in the middle of Season #2...
I had to scroll to the bottom really quick to avoid any spoilers....

What a show!!!!! Really enjoying it....

Just finished up season 2. What an awesome show!!!! I can now follow this thread and not worry about spoilers. Going from 3 shows/ night to waiting will make me have withdrawals though.

Tap, tap , taparoo...

im 500 pages into the 3rd book...almost 1300 pages total and man is it awesome. crazy things happening i wouldnt have guessed.

Just started the third book as well. If they exclude Lady Olenna from the show, I'm boycotting.

Back