Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

They did the baptism scene, but they left out all of the background behind the uncle (or that it was even Theon's uncle in the first place)

Do you mean they left it out of the Show? Or that it wasn't in the book?
They left it out in the show, or so I thought. Until I read the post below this quote:
They did the baptism scene, but they left out all of the background behind the uncle (or that it was even Theon's uncle in the first place)
It was his uncle. He was there to take him to the castle when he arrived at Pyke from the ship. I don't remember seeing the baptism scene, actually. Wonder how I missed it...

They left it out in the show, or so I thought. Until I read the post below this quote:

It was his uncle. He was there to take him to the castle when he arrived at Pyke from the ship. I don't remember seeing the baptism scene, actually. Wonder how I missed it...

It was in the 5th episode, near the end of the show

Hmm not sure how I missed it.

The part that left me most angry was how
Spoiler
Ser Rodrik died. In the book, Theon doesn't kill him. He took a bunch of bannermen off to hold something else, and came back to Winterfell while Theon had it guarded by like 13 guards TOTAL. But one of Theon's cronies rode to the Dreadfort and brough back men and decimated Rodrik's forces outside the castle walls.

It's inferred... Not blatant. In those times (or the mimic of the whole kings, knights,etc.time), nothing was blatant. Private dialogue, whispered innuendo, fleeting glances...

What the **** Theon.

if that really was the two kids and not just a stunt to put fear in the people then i now hate grayjoy more then the little fgt king... two episodes left should be intense!

Having just finished the last book....I am getting a little frustrated....I think the tv series is good...and it must be difficult fitting in as much of the relevant story as possible inside the time constrictions of each episode so I think they are doing a great job.....I am getting frustrated by the way the Author keeps killing off all the characters I like...( won't say more as it will spoil it for those who haven't read them or are relying on the tv series ....)

if that really was the two kids and not just a stunt to put fear in the people then i now hate grayjoy more then the little fgt king... two episodes left should be intense!

I think they were fake. They couldn't catch the Starck boys so they used the two orphans from the farm instead.
No way could Theon come back without a prize or else he would lose face in front of his "army". He's gonna get his soon I feel...

I think they were fake. They couldn't catch the Starck boys so they used the two orphans from the farm instead.
No way could Theon come back without a prize or else he would lose face in front of his "army". He's gonna get his soon I feel...

man john snow shoulda just broke him a piece off and then cut that chicks head off after lol

I hope they explain how the Wildling chick knew that her people had them surrounded. John was leading them through the mountains and she just hops down a hole??? All I can figure is that one of the Wildling dudes sneaked up and told her they were coming during the night (but why not just rescue her then)?

Having just finished the last book....I am getting a little frustrated....I think the tv series is good...and it must be difficult fitting in as much of the relevant story as possible inside the time constrictions of each episode so I think they are doing a great job.....I am getting frustrated by the way the Author keeps killing off all the characters I like...( won't say more as it will spoil it for those who haven't read them or are relying on the tv series ....)

I want to read the books, but I don't want to read ahead of the TC series. (In my experience, reading the book before watching the movie/television series typically leads to disappointment -- not so much the other way.)

Is it safe to start reading the first book?

I want to read the books, but I don't want to read ahead of the TC series. (In my experience, reading the book before watching the movie/television series typically leads to disappointment -- not so much the other way.)

Is it safe to start reading the first book?

yes you can read the first book now for sure.

6293940090_daf91b7e3d.jpg

Wanna lend a guy a copy of the first, lol?

Actually, I already loaned my copy of Book 1 out. Both of my Brothers-in-law have gotten so into the show that they wanted to read the book. If I get it back, I could send it your way.

Just a heads up, you can buy the first 4 books as a box set for $20 on Amazon...

Also, the thing with Jon and Ygrette doesn't happen like that in the book AT ALL.

Just a heads up, you can buy the first 4 books as a box set for $20 on Amazon...

Also, the thing with Jon and Ygrette doesn't happen like that in the book AT ALL.

Also Ygrette looks a little too hot. Though if they had to make a change...they could have done worse. It also seems like they are speeding up the Jamie story line a bit.

Also Ygrette looks a little too hot. Though if they had to make a change...they could have done worse. It also seems like they are speeding up the Jamie story line a bit.
I don't remember Jaime killing anyone. And he's certainly not at Riverrun haha.

I don't remember Jaime killing anyone. And he's certainly not at Riverrun haha.

I get the feeling that riverrun may have been expensive to find / shoot / CG. They have to get there eventually though, a lot of stuff happens there. Plus they didn't want to keep a popular character on the sidelines for an entire season. Jamie isn't in the 2ed book a whole lot.

I get the feeling that riverrun may have been expensive to find / shoot / CG. They have to get there eventually though, a lot of stuff happens there. Plus they didn't want to keep a popular character on the sidelines for an entire season. Jamie isn't in the 2ed book a whole lot.
This season as a whole has just been so far from the books that I'm disappointed. And they managed to create Harrenhall, why not Riverrun?

Sh.. just got real at Qarth. At least Dany will have her dragons back, but damn dat place scary. Great episode.

Wanna lend a guy a copy of the first, lol?

Got an e-reader of some kind JR? I'll e-mail you all of them

2nd to last episode tonight should be great!!

Back