Game of Thrones [Spoilers]

trae*

no post ***** aka"active"
Reaction score
Handicap
Loved the first season, also cannot wait!

Loved this show. Just has everything you could ask for. The acting is really good too.

did either of you read the books? i hear they were even better i have only read part of the first book it was good and a bit different.

Awesome show. I'll be watching for sure. I was a little surprised by how it ended though last season with the one dude getting his whacked off.

did either of you read the books? i hear they were even better i have only read part of the first book it was good and a bit different.

My friend read the books and loved them. I am not much of a reader..lol

Martin has been milking this series for years. I've read all the books and they are really a terrific read.

Awesome show. I'll be watching for sure. I was a little surprised by how it ended though last season with the one dude getting his whacked off.

yea that was kind of a ballsy move to kill off the best known actor in the first season .

yea that was kind of a ballsy move to kill off the best known actor in the first season .

Yeah I thought so too. Did it follow any kind of story from the book doing that? Plus he seemed to be one of the few "good" guys in the story.

Yeah I thought so too. Did it follow any kind of story from the book doing that? Plus he seemed to be one of the few "good" guys in the story.

yep he dies in the first book too

yep he dies in the book too

Ok well in that case I dont have a problem with it. I prefer staying true to the source. Now Im not sure who I like out of whos left. That kid that became King is a total prick.

Books are definitely very good. However, the pacing was ridiculous until the last 150 or so pages of the last book so far, A Dance with Dragons.

Ok well in that case I dont have a problem with it. I prefer staying true to the source. Now Im not sure who I like out of whos left. That kid that became King is a total prick.

yea there were some differences in what i read compared to the tv show. for the most part i think they had to do that as the general public may have had a fit . for instance in the book the girls were much younger like daenerys targaryen in the book was around 13 years old i think. so im sure there would have been some backlash about a child having sex on tv.

but yes the kid that replaced king robert i hope dies ASAP lol ... and jaime lanister

the ending of the first season when daenerys gets in the fire was epic though cant wait to see how these dragons develop into the storyline.

Great show. Haven't ever read the books but have friends that have and they say the show is pretty true to the storyline.

They have also told me not to become too "attached" to any of the characters....

Loved the "Golden Crown" episode. "He was no dragon. Dragons cannot be harmed by fire..."

I loved the books, but just have not been able to get into the made for tv version. I keep recording to my DVR and watching, but find myself wandering away during each episode, lol.

My GF and I loved this show, will def be watching the next season. Hope that new little Lannister king dies soooon. I do like the Imp though, the midget Lannister.

I've had several friends tell me "Spartacus" blows GOT out of the water, have it ordered on Netflix to start the first season soon!

My GF and I loved this show, will def be watching the next season. Hope that new little Lannister king dies soooon. I do like the Imp though, the midget Lannister.

I've had several friends tell me "Spartacus" blows GOT out of the water, have it ordered on Netflix to start the first season soon!

Marc .. spartacus was a good series and the new season is on now but i havent watched any of it. i do not think it was better then game of thrones though . Basically it was just gladitor fights and alot of sex IMO. still worth the watch though.

I read somewhere that Martin himself said if he had it to do over again he would have made the girls older from the start...like they did in the show. So that was okay.
There was only one real change in the show that I didn't like. That was the imp getting KO'd before the battle, in the book he actually fights and gets injured. I know they cut it for $$ but it wasn't a broad sweeping fight even in the book. It was all his POV, I think they could have done it. And it was good character development for him to be in his first real battle.

Great show, really looking forward to season 2!!

It's hard to tell who the main character is since people in his books seem to die off. Killing off that character is part of the story line and is in the book that way.

It's hard to tell who the main character is since people in his books seem to die off. Killing off that character is part of the story line and is in the book that way.

I was quite surprised by the dragon fire thing at the end. I had no idea it got all fantasy like.

On the 5th book and LOVE them! Wasn't as big of a fan of the tv shows, just because it felt so much more condensed. Will try to catch season 2. Really want the last books to come out though...

Back