That is awesome! Congrats! My cousin has a son with Autism and they just put him in a special school to work with him. He is 3-4 I believe, but totally non verbal at this point. The company I work for published The Autistic Brain so I sent them a copy to read and learn more about the spectrum. He is definitely doing better since they got him in to the school, but no way to tell just yet as to how much he will progress.

I've heard of that book. I know that when it comes to the spectrum, at his "worst" Zach was in a place that many parents of autistic children would love to be. It's such a scary thing to think about. We have two friends that each have a children much further on the spectrum and seeing their day to day lives (one is 9, the other is 16) it just makes you amaze at the power of the love of a family towards each other.

me9yre4y.jpg

Parenting 101.
Get those darn squirrels out of here!

I've heard of that book. I know that when it comes to the spectrum, at his "worst" Zach was in a place that many parents of autistic children would love to be. It's such a scary thing to think about. We have two friends that each have a children much further on the spectrum and seeing their day to day lives (one is 9, the other is 16) it just makes you amaze at the power of the love of a family towards each other.

I used to work with a kid who was autistic as well. He was verbal, but his parents always acted like they could care less about him in public. His dad was a part owner of the place I was working and they had a full time nanny that cared for him. She was honestly the only person I saw with him that was emotionally connected to him. Glad those you know are better than that. I will check around the office to see if I have anymore copies of that book. The one I had was a pre edited version so it made it tough to read. If you ever get a chance to meet the author Temple Grandin, she is absolutely amazing to listen to. She does book tours quite often. Her having autism definitely shows just what can be accomplished.

To all those fellas with young kids.

Enjoy your time with them and cherish it more than anything else in this world.

Went to watch fireworks and baby didn't care for them so she held on tight to me. As I held on to her I watched my 2 others jump around and dance and it really hit me. My oldest is 8 and I started thinking back and how it really seems like yesterday when we were bringing her home from the hospital.

Life is too short to worry about the truly irrelevant things in life. Cherish the time with your kids now and make sure they are always #1

Went to watch fireworks and baby didn't care for them so she held on tight to me. As I held on to her I watched my 2 others jump around and dance and it really hit me. My oldest is 8 and I started thinking back and how it really seems like yesterday when we were bringing her home from the hospital.

Life is too short to worry about the truly irrelevant things in life. Cherish the time with your kids now and make sure they are always #1

Dude I felt this earlier this week. My oldest started kindergarten and walked her to class the first day. Next couple of days I dropped her off up front with the other kids and she walked in by herself. It hit me that they grow up so fast & I need to cherish the little things. So from now on, I'm parking the car and walking her in. That 10 minutes of my day will be the best 10 minutes of my day and worth it. Work can wait, my daughter can't.

Buddy, this is so true. The days are long but the years really are short. We get caught up in the former but only realize the latter when the time has already passed.

Was just thinking this as well tonight. My oldest just seems so old sometimes. The things she does, the way she acts, how she interacts with other people, it truly amazes me. I still love that my youngest still needs her daddy but I am scared my oldest will not be needing us soon enough. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and just enjoy the people we have in our lives.

We celebrated Dylan's 5th birthday at Chucky Cheese today. It was chaos but we had a good time. Here we are minutes before entering the ticket blaster! Not as easy as it looks lol.

ed5301458fcb39d382a7b875640ae7ac.jpg

We celebrated Dylan's 5th birthday at Chucky Cheese today. It was chaos but we had a good time. Here we are minutes before entering the ticket blaster! Not as easy as it looks lol.

ed5301458fcb39d382a7b875640ae7ac.jpg

We just had one for our three year old's best friend at Chuck E Cheese. Funny, as a kid I remember it being fun. As a 35 year old it seems more like Hell. lol

But he had fun so we had fun, too. (No desire to finback anytime soon though!)

We just had one for our three year old's best friend at Chuck E Cheese. Funny, as a kid I remember it being fun. As a 35 year old it seems more like Hell. lol

But he had fun so we had fun, too. (No desire to finback anytime soon though!)

You realize they serve beer there, right?

You realize they serve beer there, right?

Alcohol only would have made the weird guy in the bear suit on the tv that much more creepy...

Furniture building was never fun before.

AAlS4SD.jpg

Well the day has come. My little girl is off to school. So proud of her!

utu6evu9.jpg

Well the day has come. My little girl is off to school. So proud of her!

utu6evu9.jpg

Whoops. False alarm. I guess she starts Thursday. Haha. Slight mixup on the dates apparently.

Haha oopsy. Was she upset?

Too funny

Just brought Nick to his preschool to meet with his primary caregiver. I'd say teacher, but he's five weeks old ... not a whole lot of teaching going on these first couple of months. They will teach him to hold his own bottle, and other things but ... mostly change his diaper, feed him, and care for him while the wife and I are at work. He won't go for a couple of more weeks, but they're already charging us. Love how that happens.

iYmusas.jpg

XOyz7z7.jpg

First day of 2nd grade and kindergarten respectively!

Early school year is such a busy time. Amazed to see how much more time commitment is needed with just a jump from Pre-K to Kindergarten. I don't recall this so much from my childhood, but it seems very much like actual real school now. Worked out a good way to get homework done and the boy actually seems to either like it or he's overly tolerant. Either one is fine by me.

Trying very hard to get him and the family involved with as many activites the school offers as possible. A very good set of parents and kids around him and I'm hoping that if we keep showing up to things we'll eventually benefit from that. Over the weekend we went to a kid's tailgate, the high school football game, and walked in the Labor Day parade. A couple things this week we'll attend as well.

Man, seeing all these pics of people sending their kids off to school just makes me realize how fast time is going by! My girl is 15 months old today, seems like she was just born yesterday. I want my little girl to stay little forever. She is at that age where is just so much fun to sit and watch her, she just talks jibberish to herself and learns so many things all the time, and she tries to mimick my wife and I in the things we do. Makes me realize how much she actually pays attention as well, I gotta make sure I'm setting a good example!

So Tuesday was just a drill it turns out. Haha

Today was all systems go and my little girl is off to preschool. So proud of her and I know she will do great. I really wish I could be there myself but the allergens are pretty high today, don't want people thinking the wrong thing. Haha

gyry9ary.jpg

Hey, drills just get us prepped for the real thing! Hope she has a good day!

Hey, drills just get us prepped for the real thing! Hope she has a good day!

That's exactly right. All went smoothly too. I know she will really love it, if she is anything like me (and she is).

So Tuesday was just a drill it turns out. Haha

Today was all systems go and my little girl is off to preschool. So proud of her and I know she will do great. I really wish I could be there myself but the allergens are pretty high today, don't want people thinking the wrong thing. Haha

gyry9ary.jpg

We had first day a few weeks back & I kept hovering around her table making sure she didn't need anything. My wife finally pulled me and said "she's fine she doesn't need you" and I lost it. Put my sunglasses on and cried. It's tough to let go, but awesome to see them grow and become their own person.

resu9e8e.jpg

Back