I want to get my wife something from the baby for Christmas but don't have a clue what to get. Anyone have any ideas?

Dev - I have your answer. A Christmas tree ornament which includes a picture of the baby. Maybe even a "My first Christmas" type of thing. I was in exactly the same spot several years ago and a female co-worker suggested this. I thought it was nuts, how could a $5 or $10 item be goodd enough, etc. She told me to trust her, that girls love sentimental stuff like this. The wife literally cried tears of joy upon opening it. It remains one of her most treasured holiday items. Trust me on this one.

Dev - I have your answer. A Christmas tree ornament which includes a picture of the baby. Maybe even a "My first Christmas" type of thing. I was in exactly the same spot several years ago and a female co-worker suggested this. I thought it was nuts, how could a $5 or $10 item be goodd enough, etc. She told me to trust her, that girls love sentimental stuff like this. The wife literally cried tears of joy upon opening it. It remains one of her most treasured holiday items. Trust me on this one.

This is a great idea. My daughter just got one of my grandson and loves it.

On a different note: I thought of this thread last night as Liz got home from seeing the newest grand kid. Anyone ever see this?

It drives me nuts, but whenever the baby is fussy they play this and he just quits and listens for the longest time. They can start and stop and his fussing does the same, haha

Pandora bracelet. My wife gets a new charm for the bracelet from my daughter for her birthday/christmas, etc.

I've always wanted to do that, I just don't know how often she'd wear it!

Thanks man. We already have her 1st ornament plus the baby "made one" at daycare. That really is a great suggestion though. Thanks for the input.

I just put a custom photo book together as Hawk suggested with pictures of her and the baby and did the captions as if the baby was writing the book. It was a great idea Hawk. Thanks buddy. Found a sweet 50% off coupon also which made it even nicer..haha

I just put a custom photo book together as Hawk suggested with pictures of her and the baby and did the captions as if the baby was writing the book. It was a great idea Hawk. Thanks buddy. Found a sweet 50% off coupon also which made it even nicer..haha
Awesome Dev!

If there is a thread that exists please
Merge. With all the new parents (myself included) I thought maybe this would be a good thread to get some advice from the more experienced parents.

First question I have is, my daughter hasnt been coughing or sick or anything until we put her down to sleep in her room. She coughs every once in a while. We spoke with the sitter and she said she doesnt cough at daycare. She said to maybe use a humidifier. We tried that last night and it sounds like it just made her cough a little wetter. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Our son (16 months) does the same thing. He basically only coughs at night in his room. A humidifier helps, but won't fix the problem. We bought an air purifier, wondering if there was just too much dust and allergens in his room, and that didn't do anything (although our house definitely has better air now). No, apparently he needs his adnoids (spelling?) taken out, which he is doing this Friday. It's a surgery (granted, a very short one), so obviously, you won't know if that's the problem until a doctor tells you it is.

~Rock

Our son (16 months) does the same thing. He basically only coughs at night in his room. A humidifier helps, but won't fix the problem. We bought an air purifier, wondering if there was just too much dust and allergens in his room, and that didn't do anything (although our house definitely has better air now). No, apparently he needs his adnoids (spelling?) taken out, which he is doing this Friday. It's a surgery (granted, a very short one), so obviously, you won't know if that's the problem until a doctor tells you it is.

~Rock

Thanks. We are actually bringing her again Friday. The doctor thinks its just saliva because she is teething and when she lays flat it builds up.

Thanks, OG. I swear to you if you had seen them the day before you would have thought we are absentee parents who are raising wild banshees. I wasn't doing the pre-apologies for nothing, I was seriously expecting some ugliness :)

Ha ha - it is funny how that works Tequilla! Everyone always said how well my boys always behaved - and it seemed like the day before everytime I heard that I thought I would have to give them valium lol!

Two things.

My daughter's umbilical stump fell off today and it made me proud. The weirdness of being a parent.

My son was bad at school this week and is unaware (at this point) that he's in for a very long and boring weekend hanging out in his room.

Two things.

My daughter's umbilical stump fell off today and it made me proud. The weirdness of being a parent.

My son was bad at school this week and is unaware (at this point) that he's in for a very long and boring weekend hanging out in his room.

Congrats Hawk I can still remember when my daughters and son's fell off, it is almost a joy no more stump care. Witht he son being bad at school I haven't had that problem yet as my son seems to be great at preschool, but not so much at home.

He's usually pretty good, but he's had a pretty big shake up with the new sister and some teacher changes at school. He'll get it figured out though. Still, sucks to be him this weekend lol. Gotta learn somehow!

I feel your pain. My blood is still up from my kid's "adventures" at school (On the same day I got a notice that my daughter spent the afternoon in the principal's office for talking back to the teacher and saying "No"; my son had an assortment of fun issues that resulted in a parent teacher conference the next morning). The net result was that I opened a bottle of wine and had a solid post in the Rant thread that night and they are a week into the 'very long and boring' thing. The good news is they are getting the message - finally - through their thick skulls :)

He's usually pretty good, but he's had a pretty big shake up with the new sister and some teacher changes at school. He'll get it figured out though. Still, sucks to be him this weekend lol. Gotta learn somehow!

Chip off the ol' block?

LOL Duey. Yes, in more ways than one. At least I know how he's wired.

I just took a nap balled up in a chair while both of my kiddos napped.

Anybody who as seen me knows that my body isn't built to be balled up.

She is a little over 4 months. The weird thing is that she takes 2-3 naps a day at the daycare/sitter and never coughs. She is not congested at all and we have been making sure her nose is clean and using saline as well. Definitely getting it checked out by the doctor though.

My daughter is 3 and does the same thing some nights. Really no explanation for it. Like some have said it may be post nasal drip. Nothing like hearing it from a doctor to soothe your worries though!

I have been pooped on more in the last three weeks than I ever was with my boy lol. It's always a very frantic moment.

Life with two isn't so bad at all. Has it's moments, but overall it's been a joy. Helps that my son is old enough to do some things on his own. He's starting to accept his sister into the family as well. As long as she doesn't cry while Jungle Junction is on. That he doesn't like at all.

Here's my little fireball.

zy7yme7u.jpg

Hahah he is adorable buddy.

She alright by me! Forgot how much crying is involved when they are so new like this. She likes a good snuggle with her dad though.

I have been pooped on more in the last three weeks than I ever was with my boy lol. It's always a very frantic moment.

Life with two isn't so bad at all. Has it's moments, but overall it's been a joy. Helps that my son is old enough to do some things on his own. He's starting to accept his sister into the family as well. As long as she doesn't cry while Jungle Junction is on. That he doesn't like at all.
Lol. If my little dude cries during Cinderalla, my daughter yells at him like she does the dogs. "Cooper, shush, BE QUIET, I'M WATCHING MY MOVIE."

She alright by me! Forgot how much crying is involved when they are so new like this. She likes a good snuggle with her dad though.

I knew it was your daughter, just left off the s like a dummy. I fixed it but you were too quick. My kid hates snuggling. It makes my wife sad.. haha

Lol. If my little dude cries during Cinderalla, my daughter yells at him like she does the dogs. "Cooper, shush, BE QUIET, I'M WATCHING MY MOVIE."

hahaha. I was told that she would be better off going back in mom's belly the last time. I'm surprised how well he's done so far though.

Back