Thanks Due :D

That's one of the toughest pills to swallow when it comes to my two kids, I just want to fix it right now, not wait!!!

That's my wife with our daughters, she mother hens every situation, internalizes the kids problems and is relentless until she solves ever problem. I'm a survival of the fittest kindof guy and would like to see my daughters use good judgement, negotiation skills, and humor to navigate their way through any situation that may arise.

Kind of jealous of you guys with the little ones! I love the baby stages, all the way up to about 5 or 6, then they turn into animals! Haha! Mine are 8, 11, 12 right now and there's tons of fun stuff to do with them (they're all involved in golf at one level or another), but they fight like cats and dogs. It's exhausting, but I keep telling myself to enjoy it. All too soon they'll all be teenagers and beyond and we'll miss having them around 24/7.

Kind of jealous of you guys with the little ones! I love the baby stages, all the way up to about 5 or 6, then they turn into animals! Haha! Mine are 8, 11, 12 right now and there's tons of fun stuff to do with them (they're all involved in golf at one level or another), but they fight like cats and dogs. It's exhausting, but I keep telling myself to enjoy it. All too soon they'll all be teenagers and beyond and we'll miss having them around 24/7.

Couldn't agree more, enjoy the young one's while you can, I have a 12 and 24 year old and miss those days where everything was a first in their lifes.

Apparently today is the day for many of us to be sentimental.

I pulled a picture yesterday that would be my version of Hawk's picture with his daughter (above) for her school project. I looked over at a new picture of her I have at my desk (she is all of 6) from a camping trip last summer and wonder at the difference. Every day as a parent can sure be a grind. But every once in a while you pause for a deep breath and wonder where the time went.

I wouldn't say my son is exactly a natural born athlete. So I was pleasantly surprised and proud when they put him on the mound at practice yesterday and gave him a chance to try pitching. When he focused he fired the ball in there very nicely. I got him home and we practiced some more and he did more of the same. I am happy for him that he may be finding a place where he can shine a little bit (at this level it is just about throwing strikes, not being Justin Verlander:bashful:)

in other news, the kids start half day golf camp next week to fill spring break. I am very interested to see how it goes.

I wouldn't say my son is exactly a natural born athlete. So I was pleasantly surprised and proud when they put him on the mound at practice yesterday and gave him a chance to try pitching. When he focused he fired the ball in there very nicely. I got him home and we practiced some more and he did more of the same. I am happy for him that he may be finding a place where he can shine a little bit (at this level it is just about throwing strikes, not being Justin Verlander:bashful:)

in other news, the kids start half day golf camp next week to fill spring break. I am very interested to see how it goes.

Congrats and good luck with his golf endeavor. My son never really found a sport that fit well until golf and I saw an extreme change, for the better, when he excelled.

Talk about a proud feeling. Took my son to the Airport this morning to fly to Tuscon for a 5 day 10 round week of golf in the desert. He was super excited. And I super jealous but still proud that he's taking the game on in full force.

Day 1 of golf camp was a huge success. Both kids loved it. They received instruction on the athletic stance and swing basics, hit irons at the range (both kids say they were hitting the ball), putting stance/instruction, they were split up into teams for a putting competition that emphasized distance control (apparently my son drained three straight putts to bring home the W for his team), they came home with personalized day reports, and they got some solid swag (Nike golf shirts, golf glove, golf hat and a sleeve of balls). We were in the living room together last night with them showing me what they learned; my daughter was quite serious with me about the importance of maintaining the triangle / V throughout the swing :) I look forward to todays report from them.

Day 1 of golf camp was a huge success. Both kids loved it. They received instruction on the athletic stance and swing basics, hit irons at the range (both kids say they were hitting the ball), putting stance/instruction, they were split up into teams for a putting competition that emphasized distance control (apparently my son drained three straight putts to bring home the W for his team), they came home with personalized day reports, and they got some solid swag (Nike golf shirts, golf glove, golf hat and a sleeve of balls). We were in the living room together last night with them showing me what they learned; my daughter was quite serious with me about the importance of maintaining the triangle / V throughout the swing :) I look forward to todays report from them.

That's awesome! My son went to a golf camp last summer (he was 7) and loved it so much he has asked every month since then when the camp is again. Love to hear of other people getting their kids into the game early.

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Wife wasn't happy with this one. 5yr old gets roller skates to keep up with his cousins who play roller hockey at my parents house in the basement. 5yr old likes to fall over, thinks people find it funny, esp since the nephews laugh, pisses my wife off. This roller skate set came with knee and elbow pads, gloves, helmet. So I pulled off the knee and elbow pads and let him keep trucking. He did one of his falls and banged his knee. The kind where you see stars when you hit the knee cap right. Kids crying, wife is wondering where his knee pads are? Told them I took them off. She got a little feisty and asked why in gods name did I do that? My reply, "Growing up we weren't padded to the hilt, you found out really fast how much it sucks to fall when you bang your knee on cement or hit your funny bone." She wasn't happy, but I'll tell ya what, the kid didn't hit the ground once after that. lol

A little old school tough love. I like it!

Day 2 of camp was another huge success. All my son can talk about is how his favorite thing is to hit his driver because the ball goes far :) My daughter has decided golf is her favorite thing, even more than dance class with her three friends. On the way to camp this morning they were both asking me if I could take time off work to go play with them on the course and hit balls together on the range. And when I dropped them off one of the instructors pulled me aside to tell me the daughter's fundamentals are excellent. Color me happy.

That's awesome t4k! I love that my boy loves golf. I hope it continues.

Anybody else's kid have some trouble after you had a second one? Not like setting fires type of trouble, but sort of regressing a bit, getting into trouble at pre-school, not listenting, etc? How long did it last and did you do anything to make it better?

I feel awful for my boy right now because I think he's struggling a bit. I almost feel bad punishing him because it's very uncharacteristic of him and I know it's just a little cry for attention. Trying to give him some goals to reach with the prize of him and I going out to do some special things on the weekends, but I hate the situation. He's always really sweet to his baby sister, but I know something's not right in his head.

How old is the first?

My oldest is constantly seeking my wife's attention when she does anything with my youngest (5 and 2). It's been him and mom for 3 years and he's had some trouble sharing that time. Luckily my 2 yr old is the type to please his big brother, so it's not a battle between them. If Andrew is pitching a fit crying because Ethan has something he wants, Ethan is more apt to give it to him to make him happy. He's always thinking of his big brother. If Andrew has something Ethan wants, he's more apt to watch him get pissed and laugh. Both my wife and I agree we could have 20 of the 2yr old. lol

Oldest is 3-1/2. He's actually doing a lot better over the last week, which is a big relief. I suspect it had a lot less to do with me and a lot more to do with his mom being tied up with the baby so often. Boys do love them some mom time lol.

With the good weather (hopefully) coming life is about to get a little easier. He's got way to much energy to be stuck inside so often.

Oldest is 3-1/2. He's actually doing a lot better over the last week, which is a big relief. I suspect it had a lot less to do with me and a lot more to do with his mom being tied up with the baby so often. Boys do love them some mom time lol.

With the good weather (hopefully) coming life is about to get a little easier. He's got way to much energy to be stuck inside so often.

This is so true with kids in the winter, especially in the midwest where the snow takes over and it's impossible to have them outside. I can't wait for spring and late nights playing in the yard. The kids golf clubs and wiffle golf balls are ready to go for practice with dad!

[/B]
This is so true with kids in the winter, especially in the midwest where the snow takes over and it's impossible to have them outside. I can't wait for spring and late nights playing in the yard. The kids golf clubs and wiffle golf balls are ready to go for practice with dad!

Amen. Of course, now I have to deal with the neighbor kids. I have no idea why I hate them, but I do lol

Amen. Of course, now I have to deal with the neighbor kids. I have no idea why I hate them, but I do lol
I tell you, we're related, Hawk. Damn if there isn't a neighbor kid that I feel the same way about. He's just a piece of work with my kids.

We have a couple that I call the three beer kids. I can't be near them unless I've had three beers.

My son turned 18 today. He'll graduate in May and, if all goes well, he'll be in the Navy by end of summer.
He got on my nerves a lot of times, but he's a good kid; we could have been dealt a worse hand.

He isn't a straight A student, he likes mom to look after him, and clean up his messes (which iritates the sh1t out of me) but he doesn't smoke cigs or weed (hates potheads actually), doesn't care about drinking, has good manners around others, and hasn't gotten anyone pregnant. He has a strong set of morals, is patriotic as one could be, is willing to join the military because he thinks it's something he should do, and wants to eventually go to some sort of art school and get a degree in sound engineering.

We're 45 and don't have a kid in rehab, or a dropout, or a teen father, so I'm quite happy about it all.

We made it to 18!!! :banana:

Bonus. Nice work T0AD.

Our neighbors are a toss up, some are good and some are bad. The bad thing is the bad kids bring down the good kids to their level. At least it'll give me an excuse to hang outside and monitor! Gives me time to work on my chipping and pitching!!!

I currently have my 5 year old son with me two nights a week, typically on Wednesday nights and Friday nights. Since my wife and the movers are coming today, I had him last night instead of tonight. Today is his last day at the preschool that he's been going to for 3 years, and they're moving into a new apartment from the temporary conditions of staying with her parents.

Normally he's pretty well behaved when he's with me, as I actually enforce consistent discipline. Last night he started acting out a little during dinner. I was fairly emotional to begin with, and started to get upset, but backed down after thinking about how the situation was impacting him. I asked him some questions, and eventually found out that he was scared he was going to miss me. He didn't understand that we are still going to see each other.

I told him to come over and sit with me on the couch, and I reassured him that I would still be picking him up from his new school and having our sleepovers every week. And that we would still go to the "cheeseburger store" (which is what he calls McDonalds). After that I was kind of starting to cry a little bit, and he turned around and asked why I was sad. I said it was because I was scared that I would miss him too. He gave me a giant hug and started to cry too. To break that up and lighten the mood, I started tickling him. For the rest of the night he was so sweet. Lots of hugs and horseplay, and constantly telling each other how much we love each other. The first words out of his mouth this morning when I woke him up for school were "I love you Daddy".

I'm a wreck.

Oooof. That's heartbreaking to read man. I'm so sorry.

Back