Yea, It's going to be interesting. I don't know why childcare is so stressful, but it just is. May just find a true pre-school program for the boy. Stupid life getting in the way of my sanity.

Cute!

Tell that to my wife...hahaha She is nervous about breastfeeding. Haha

LOL. Glad I don't have that to worry about.

LOL. Glad I don't have that to worry about.

Me too! Yikes. Fortunately she is really cutting back and eating mostly yogurt, fruits and veggies. And cheerios and the Graduates puff things.

Childcare is maybe the most stressful thing that I deal with regularly. Nothing is ever just ok it seems :D

The place that we've taken the boy since he was tiny, and now the place that him and his sister both go has notified us that they will likely be closing in a couple months because they owners of their building have other plans for it. Really throws us in a pickle. Especially with the boy, since he's already a nervous nelly about going there every day with people he knows and loves.

Drinking might make this better.
That totally sucks, kids get comfortable and change is usually pretty tough for them, we've kept the same pediatrician and pediatric dentist for that same reason, even though they are inconvenient. The nice thing about kids though is they usually make friends quick!

Like my daughter, 4, in a grocery store, she'd carry on a conversation with a complete stranger like they've known each other for years!!

Yea, getting through the first week or so will be the key to a smooth transition. He handles change pretty poorly it seems.

Childcare is maybe the most stressful thing that I deal with regularly. Nothing is ever just ok it seems :D

The place that we've taken the boy since he was tiny, and now the place that him and his sister both go has notified us that they will likely be closing in a couple months because they owners of their building have other plans for it. Really throws us in a pickle. Especially with the boy, since he's already a nervous nelly about going there every day with people he knows and loves.

Drinking might make this better.
sorry to hear that hawk. I don't know what we would do without our daycare. It's like a family over there. I hope you find something that works for the kids and you.

Thanks Freddie!

sorry to hear that hawk. I don't know what we would do without our daycare. It's like a family over there. I hope you find something that works for the kids and you.
I can echo that for ours, our daycare lady is an in home and home schooled all three of her children through high school, so having her do our kids pre school in daycare is a blessing, we don't have to cart them back and forth!

Yea, getting through the first week or so will be the key to a smooth transition. He handles change pretty poorly it seems.

Maybe if you find a facility that has an upgrade of some kind that he'll like, or where he has a friend or two?

Upside of childcare is that they are sure to have some kids they know in school when they start if your facility is in the neighborhood. Helps ease that big transition.

Today was a rough day. My daughter was trouble at school and a pill to me personally tonight. My son had full fledged ADHD based meltdowns (plural) at baseball tonight. My wife took another voluntary call shift so I was flying solo, married but a single parent for another night. I have run the gambit from angry to frustrated to embarrassed to compassionate and back again. The first glass of wine is down the gullet. I am going to use a couple of vacation days and take a much needed staycation mental health day or two. This has bled into a bit of a rant, sorry if it is in the wrong thread. Some days as a parent are magical. Others, not so much.

Today was a rough day. My daughter was trouble at school and a pill to me personally tonight. My son had full fledged ADHD based meltdowns (plural) at baseball tonight. My wife took another voluntary call shift so I was flying solo, married but a single parent for another night. I have run the gambit from angry to frustrated to embarrassed to compassionate and back again. The first glass of wine is down the gullet. I am going to use a couple of vacation days and take a much needed staycation mental health day or two. This has bled into a bit of a rant, sorry if it is in the wrong thread. Some days as a parent are magical. Others, not so much.

No reason not to rant here from time to time. Parenthood is full of both ups and downs.

Tonight was an up for me. The kiddo was great all night, wanted to sit close to me while we watched Wreck It Ralph, and then when I tucked him in he told me, "Daddy, I love you past infinity and back"

The kiddo was great all night, wanted to sit close to me while we watched Wreck It Ralph, and then when I tucked him in he told me, "Daddy, I love you past infinity and back"
That is awesome. Good for you!

Yikes t4k. Sounds like a rotten day. Here's to a better tomorrow! Or today I guess.

We toured a private school yesterday. They have a pre-K program that we are considering putting the boy in starting next September. Sort of blew us away with awesomeness. I never thought we'd go private, but there's a big part of me leaning that way right now. Cost is obviously a factor, but I want to give him the best chance to not end up like his Dad :D

Yikes t4k. Sounds like a rotten day. Here's to a better tomorrow! Or today I guess.

We toured a private school yesterday. They have a pre-K program that we are considering putting the boy in starting next September. Sort of blew us away with awesomeness. I never thought we'd go private, but there's a big part of me leaning that way right now. Cost is obviously a factor, but I want to give him the best chance to not end up like his Dad :D
We have our kids in a private school. We aren't rich (and neither are most of the families there) so the money is definitley a sacrifice. But I can honestly say we have never regretted it for a second. If you can't spend your money on your kids... Is the school you are looking at religious or not? We are not Catholic but their school is. Our public schools are good but there are other things that come with the private experience that make it very worthwhile, at least for us. If you want to chat or ask questions send me a PM.

If he ends up anything like his Dad, this world will be a much better place my man.

I might do that. Thanks!

It's a Catholic school, but like you, we aren't part of the churches. They'll still take him of course, but it'll cost us more in tuition. I grew up in the public school system here, and I'm just not 100% sure I want him in it. Smaller classes, less of the education farm feel, more money, etc, at the private school. The private school scores way above the state average in pretty much everything.

If he ends up anything like his Dad, this world will be a much better place my man.

Thanks for that Dev!

I think the biggest thing is I'd like him to have a better chance at doing things the normal way, good grades, college, etc. I was able to make my way through work, but I definitely made it harder on myself and delayed financial security by a good 5-6 years.

Went to the Spanish Honor society awards dinner last night for my daughter. She won a $500 dollar scholarship, so proud of her. The funny thing was that she was more excited about getting one of those giant presentation checks than she was about the money she was awarded. Kids, go figure.

488104_482703668461964_346340144_n.jpg

Awesome Ron.

Thanks for that Dev!

I think the biggest thing is I'd like him to have a better chance at doing things the normal way, good grades, college, etc. I was able to make my way through work, but I definitely made it harder on myself and delayed financial security by a good 5-6 years.

Yeah but I am firm believer that those tough times and struggling a bit made you the person you are today. Work ethic is not something that can be taught. Your son will see that in you. I got it from my father. He worked 7 days a week for 25+ years. I notice I picked up alot of that from my father. Never leave until the job is done. Take pride in your work. Etc.

Yeah but I am firm believer that those tough times and struggling a bit made you the person you are today. Work ethic is not something that can be taught. Your son will see that in you. I got it from my father. He worked 7 days a week for 25+ years. I notice I picked up alot of that from my father. Never leave until the job is done. Take pride in your work. Etc.

My stepdad drilled that into my head. Doing things half-a$$ed was not an option in our house.

The lack of the farm feel was huge for us. Kids don't slip through the cracks or get a pass at our school, there is substantially more accountability both academically and socially. That also translates to a level of parent involvement that I don't think happens at the public schools here.

FWIW we have never been pressured to convert. The kids are taught the Catholic flavor of Christianity and that's it.

I was a public school kid, too. When I went to grad school I noticed that most of my peers with superior work habits had gone to private schools; I see our kids developing those skills now. It is good.

One negative is that our kids are more distant from the neighborhood kids because they don't go to school together. But that is offset by having friends from school and doing more organized activities with them.

Good luck with your decision.

Excellent info and that's what I'm hoping for. If he's like me, he's going to need somebody to challenge him and keep him engaged.

As for the neighborhood kids, that's something I'm actually hoping for lol. If those kids end up there I might just move out of state.

It's funny because I really hoped we were having another boy when we found out Erica was pregnant. Just that macho dad thing I guess. As of now, I couldn't be any happier with one of each though. Little girl is just over two months now and has slept through the night 3 of the last 6 nights. Boom!

She went through a fussy stage for a couple weeks when she was first born, but aside from that she's almost the exact opposite of her brother as a baby. Very low maintenance and relaxed. She'll just sit there and watch people happily without needing to be held all the time, which is very helpful. Always smiley and happy to see us too.

Took the boy to the pitch and putt and to see the Monster Jam trucks this weekend. He was pretty pumped about both of them.

We only played 4 holes at the pitch and putt since that's about the extend of his three year old attention span, but I can already see a difference from last year. He carried his bag and actually putted out, where he just wanted to hit the ball last year. Later we hit some balls at home and he was longer than his 6 year old buddy. Proud dad moment :D One of us needs to be good at this game eventually and it's looking like he might be the family's best hope.

Back