Sounds like a great day hawk, he needs a new SeeMore now.

Sounds like a great day hawk, he needs a new SeeMore now.

LOL. Good idea! He's got his own little Anser putter that he's pretty good with, but he always wants to use mine for some reason.

Here's a picture of us bro'ing it up before the monster truck show. We both wore our cowboy boots lol. Gotta fit in!

2uje2ube.jpg

Haha, great pic. Boots are big time, especially when bro'ing with dad.

Here's a picture of us bro'ing it up before the monster truck show. We both wore our cowboy boots lol. Gotta fit in!

2uje2ube.jpg
That's awesome, did he decide on a new career path when he grows up?

He did say "I wish I could go drive those trucks" about 100 times.

Hawk - Going back to your Pre-K discussion from a few days ago, when we were going through our similar discussion of what to do with Drew prior to this school year, I was somewhat surprised to find out how much public schools have changed since I left them (ahem...17 years already). We were able to put him in public Pre-K due to them having extra spots after the kids eligible for Head Start were accounted for, and it has been an incredibly good experience. From day 1, they are working toward end of the year goals to have them ready for Kindergarden, and the accountability for educational milestones are there even in Pre-K now. He is advanced in some areas, and with there being 2 adults (Teacher and Aide) for like 15 kids, he gets individual attention that lets him continue to learn and progress in areas where the other kids may be behind him. Just like any other school, the quality of the teachers is a really important factor. The other thing that has been great in this scenario for us is that we've been able to help his class either through volunteering some time to help the teachers or buying stuff they need for the class (since we're not paying for the private Pre-K), which at least makes me feel like we're helping the kids who may be his classmates for the next 13 years get a better start as well than they might have otherwise gotten.

Depending on what your plans for him are in Kindergarden and beyond (public or private), I also like the fact that Drew will be in the same school when he starts Kindergarden next year, where some of the other teachers and more of the support staff will already be familiar to him.

That's really encouraging to read Donne. I didn't realize they had such a low kid/teacher ratio.

I think the last thing you said is really important and something I wanted to do as well. Having a warm-up year in the same school should be a big help for him and your boy. They'll be familiar with the routine, people and building and hopefully prepared for the big show when Kindergarten starts.

This sort of dates me, but I could really care less. My baby is in Washington DC right now for work. She's a great mom who has worked damn hard to get ahead, I'm very proud of what she's accomplished.

That's awesome Due. Big time!

Thanks buddy, my kid's make me extremely happy. Makes a lot of things I look back on very worth while for once.

My son actually worked with me yesterday on his hitting, a near miracle in and of itself. Then at today's game he used what I taught him and by chance he went 4-4, by far the best performance he's had (he was 0-2 with two K's last game). On the way home we were talking about the practice and how it helped, and he happily admitted that maybe dad knows a little something about this game of baseball. It felt good. And I was very happy for him that he had some success. HHJJ.

My son actually worked with me yesterday on his hitting, a near miracle in and of itself. Then at today's game he used what I taught him and by chance he went 4-4, by far the best performance he's had (he was 0-2 with two K's last game). On the way home we were talking about the practice and how it helped, and he happily admitted that maybe dad knows a little something about this game of baseball. It felt good. And I was very happy for him that he had some success. HHJJ.

I'm only 22, single, no kids, but I can't tell you how many times I've had to suck up my pride and say "dad, you're right". I'll reverse the thread a little, and say how proud I am of my dad fur how he raised me, taught me what work is and the ethics required to run your own business from a young age. Now I'm 22 and own my own company thanks to my dad's lessons and how he raised me. It doesn't hurt that he also got me started golfing at age 4.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

My little dude is on the way... July 23rd is the pegged due date and my excitement cannot even be put into words. I seriously think about that day 24 hours a day.

Congrats slice! Mine is due June 15 and I am the same way. I get more and more excited every day. Then I can participate in this thread a little more often lol.

Kids are great, and just so you know it is okay to tear up when you finally see them. I know I did and I will freely admit it.

My little dude is on the way... July 23rd is the pegged due date and my excitement cannot even be put into words. I seriously think about that day 24 hours a day.
It's a game changer buddy!

Congrats, it's the best thing that will ever happen to you, kids are a great blessing!

We toured a private school yesterday. They have a pre-K program that we are considering putting the boy in starting next September.

I meant to add that our kid's school has an on site pre-school, too. We started at the school with our son in K and daughter in pre-school - all day 4's then, because of her birthday, pre-K. She is in K this year. I do think it helps to have them on site, getting accustomed to wearing a uniform, being part of the overall school, etc. My observation is that it helps with the transition but there is still a transition of some sort for most kids because the expectations are just different in K vs. even academically inclined pre-schools.

A few snapshots from the maternity pics we did.

Great pics there.

Great pics slice. When the pictures werent embedded at first I clicked the link. After the 2nd picture it went to the picture of a Winn grip. I laughed pretty hard.

Great pictures, you'll appreciate having those later, my wife and I didn't take near enough during pregnancy with both our kids!

Back