DevRickus

The Dirty Jerz
Reaction score
Handicap
Snow
If there is a thread that exists please
Merge. With all the new parents (myself included) I thought maybe this would be a good thread to get some advice from the more experienced parents.

First question I have is, my daughter hasnt been coughing or sick or anything until we put her down to sleep in her room. She coughs every once in a while. We spoke with the sitter and she said she doesnt cough at daycare. She said to maybe use a humidifier. We tried that last night and it sounds like it just made her cough a little wetter. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.

Merge. With all the new parents (myself included) I thought maybe this would be a good thread to get some advice from the more experienced parents.

First question I have is, my daughter hasnt been coughing or sick or anything until we put her down to sleep in her room. She coughs every once in a while. We spoke with the sitter and she said she doesnt cough at daycare. She said to maybe use a humidifier. We tried that last night and it sounds like it just made her cough a little wetter. Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
Pediatrician should be able to help with this.

I know. We cant bring her until Saturday so was just wondering if anyone had an ideas. Its just really weird because she is fine all day and only coughs in her crib.

It sounds like she has some post nasal drip. But like Nate said, your pediatrician should be able to answer better. You may want to bath her in Vicks soap. A very warm bath will loosen anything that might be lingering.

This does sound like a question for a professional. My daughter has had croup and RSV. Neither are good. Both required a medical professional.

Thanks Freddie. We did that tonight before she went to bed but she is still coughing a little. It only bothers me because it wakes her up and she isnt getting good sleep.

We are bringing her Saturday morning to the doctor. I am not just going to home remedy it. Not with her. Just wondered if anyone has seen anything like that.

The cough is usually a result of some drainage like Freddie said. They are fine during the day but once they lay down there is no where for it to do but now down into the throat. Is her nose stuffy or runny? How old is your little girl now? 8 months? Ask the Dr. about using Zyrtec that may help. My 6 and 4 year old can use the nose spray Patanase which does wonders when they have a cold. But I think your baby is still too young for that.

She is a little over 4 months. The weird thing is that she takes 2-3 naps a day at the daycare/sitter and never coughs. She is not congested at all and we have been making sure her nose is clean and using saline as well. Definitely getting it checked out by the doctor though.

Thanks to having two kids I've lost most of my brain cells and don't 100% remember...but I have a vague recollection of my daughter having something similar. She was too young for meds (I think) and we were advised by the Pediatrician or his advice nurse to put a pillow or two underneath her mattress, on the end where her head would be, thereby forcing her to sleep at a gentle incline. The theory was this would help reduce nasal drip flowing to her lungs and ultimately reduce the cough. Honestly, I don't remember how successful it was. Sorry.

our pediatrician swears by a few moments outside in the cold air to clean up a cough. Buy sometimes its something a little more than that. And they always have new good tips for us. We have a hepa filter for our 3 year old. But she's also on Zyrtec.

We have done the Vicks vapor rub on the feet idea in the past with our daughter. Old wives tale for sure but has dine the trick on many occasions.

Erica went to hang out with her wacky female family this weekend, so it was just me and the kid. Always a good time.

We:

-Went to the family museum. As usual, he found the vehicles that he could sit in and had no interest in anything else. He yelled at the other kids that got near the truck he liked the best.

-Saw Santa Claus. He told him that his beard looked funny and asked where his mommy (Mrs Claus) was.

-Went to the mall to get his mom some presents. He didn't understand the fact that his mom wanted neither a motorcycle nor a four wheeler for Christmas.

-Went to Hooters. Afterwards he told his mom on the phone that the girl that gave us our food wasn't wearing any pants.

-Went to the hardware store and I bought him a small hammer. He attempted to smash a tractor until I reminded him how we are supposed to use it.

-Talked about his baby sister that is coming. He is not impressed with the whole thing.

-Watched some UFC fights. Accused Shogun Rua of fighting in his underwear. Seemed genuinely disgusted.

-Worked down in my workshop quite a bit. He's getting pretty dang good at putting on the indoor surface. Wish he was old enough to take out on the course, but no use in wishing years away.

In all, it was a real fun weekend. I was exhausted last night, but definitely nice to do some guys stuff with him.

How did the Mrs respond to the pantsless waitress?

Sounds fun Hawk. How old is your boy?

Ha-Ha....that is awesome Hawk! Hooters.........LOL!

Erica went to hang out with her wacky female family this weekend, so it was just me and the kid. Always a good time.

We:

-Went to the family museum. As usual, he found the vehicles that he could sit in and had no interest in anything else. He yelled at the other kids that got near the truck he liked the best.

-Saw Santa Claus. He told him that his beard looked funny and asked where his mommy (Mrs Claus) was.

-Went to the mall to get his mom some presents. He didn't understand the fact that his mom wanted neither a motorcycle nor a four wheeler for Christmas.

-Went to Hooters. Afterwards he told his mom on the phone that the girl that gave us our food wasn't wearing any pants.

-Went to the hardware store and I bought him a small hammer. He attempted to smash a tractor until I reminded him how we are supposed to use it.

-Talked about his baby sister that is coming. He is not impressed with the whole thing.

-Watched some UFC fights. Accused Shogun Rua of fighting in his underwear. Seemed genuinely disgusted.

-Worked down in my workshop quite a bit. He's getting pretty dang good at putting on the indoor surface. Wish he was old enough to take out on the course, but no use in wishing years away.

In all, it was a real fun weekend. I was exhausted last night, but definitely nice to do some guys stuff with him.

Thats awesome Hawk, cant wait to make those kinds of memories....

Ha-Ha....that is awesome Hawk! Hooters.........LOL!

There were actually a few families there, believe it or not.

God honest truth here, though I'm sure nobody will believe it. I love their food. I used to eat it at least a few times a week in my early 20's. I didn't really ever eat there though.

My daughter is in the "no pants" phase. As soon as we get home from school, the store, etc, it's shirt/diaper/shoes. No pants. No idea what's going on.

Getting ready to leave, she puts the pants on. We get home, pants off.

Lots of fun times ahead for you, ddxu!

About a month or so away, should make the holidays interesting. Cant wait for the messy, expensive bundle of joy. I may need to be a stay at home dad too.

My daughter is in the "no pants" phase. As soon as we get home from school, the store, etc, it's shirt/diaper/shoes. No pants. No idea what's going on.

Getting ready to leave, she puts the pants on. We get home, pants off.

That's funny right there.

About a month or so away, should make the holidays interesting. Cant wait for the messy, expensive bundle of joy. I may need to be a stay at home dad too.

It sure will make the holidays interesting!

You have all your preparations done? Erica brought home of TON of clothes yesterday, which is good.

He's 3-1/2. One busy little kid he is.

I figured as much. I have a 3.5 y/o girl and they sound quite similar.

I figured as much. I have a 3.5 y/o girl and they sound quite similar.

It's a fun age. A little personality starting to creep out of them. So much damn energy though!

Back