The Netflix and Streaming Thread

Nebgolfer

Reaction score
Handicap
#GolfIsFun
My wife and I don't have cable, and survive almost exclusively through what we can stream on Netflix. I've found many "diamonds in the rough", but wanted to see if anyone had any great shows/movies that they really enjoyed on Netflix.

My top 5:
1. Top Gear (UK) (Gets really good starting around Series 9 or 10)
2. Archer
3. Firefly
4. Dr. Who
5. Breaking Bad

Surprises:
Better off Ted
Star Trek: Enterprise

Firefly (and Serenity) are a must.

Better Off Ted was hilarious and deserved more time.

Sherlock (BBC UK) is amazing. Must watch. Seriously.

BBC Robin Hood is fun. Not great but fun.

Other sitcoms: Scrubs, How I Met Your Mother.

Psych is awesome.

Tapped from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MI5, Battlestar Galactica, House of Cards, Arrested Development

House of Cards, Lost, Harpers Island

THPing on Tapatalk

I don't do netflix, but download all of my television that I can't see locally.

Top Gear, presently starting season 9, of the 15 I have d/l'd and is perhaps the best television I have ever seen.

Other Notables:

The Newsroom on HBO
Entourage
Better Off Ted - died too soon
Archer

Archer, Family Guy, Weeds, Lost, HIMYM are all favorites of mine.

Another vote for House of Cards.

Shows:

Supernatural
Battlestar Gallactica
Vampire Diaries - my daughter got me into it, aside from the romance stuff it's darn good!
Hell on Wheels
Being Human
Eureka - quirky but entertaining
Flash Point
Teen Wolf
Nikita
The Killing
Fringe
Longmire
Sons of Anarchy
Arn: The Knight Templar

Couple of family movies which surprised me as being very good:

The Perfect Game
The Magic of Belle Isle

Others:

Tucker & Dale vs. Evil (I LOVE this one!)
Columbus Circle
Red Corner
Shooter
Safe
Beowulf
Four Brothers
In the Name of the King
Hit & Run
The Awakening
Last Ride

Can't think of anymore as far as sleepers go but check out rottentomatoes.com, they have ratings there for Netflix streaming (under DVD). It's how I've found many movies I'd never heard of. But, lol... I can't remember the names of most now!

Last edited:
House of Cards, Arrested Development, Hell on Wheels, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy in no particular order. There's so much good TV on Netflix.

UK version of Top Gear is possibly one of the best shows on television, not just in car shows (which it is #1 in the world) I have watched every episode on Netflix (not all of them are on there sadly) 5 or 6 times. Great show.

Besides that, my wife and I have found some hidden ones:
White Collar
Butter (great independant movie)
Craigslist Joe

Might be lengthy here but here are some not already mentioned:

TV Shows
Sons of Anarchy
American Horror Story
The League
Alias
How I Met Your Mother
The Walking Dead

Movies

The Lincoln Lawyer
The Score
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (and two sequels, all overseas versions. These 3 are good but the Daniel Craig version is better, just not on Netflix yet)
Super 8

I could list movies for quite awhile. There are many classics on Netflix. It sort of depends on your tastes. If you list a few movies you like, either here or PM me, I'll send you a list to check out that should fall in line with your interests.

Just got an email House of Cards season 2 kicks off 2/14.

MI5, Battlestar Galactica, House of Cards, Arrested Development
I second the Battlestar Galactica. The new series though. The old series was total cheese, but the new series rocked. Sorry it's over.

For those who like British dramas (all five of you), I highly recommend Luther. British crime drama starring Idris Elba.

Typical British crime drama. Sometimes there's some overacting, and it's a little more graphic than American television. Very entertaining.

The Following is a good series. The 2nd season actually just started so you're not too far behind.

For those who like British dramas (all five of you), I highly recommend Luther. British crime drama starring Idris Elba.

Typical British crime drama. Sometimes there's some overacting, and it's a little more graphic than American television. Very entertaining.

Luther is solid. I'm a fan.

BBC does some good stuff. Sherlock is badass, Cumberbatch is awesome in it as Holmes.

Honestly, there could be a show called "Idris Elba Reads Stuff," and I'd watch it. Love his work.

Honestly, there could be a show called "Idris Elba Reads Stuff," and I'd watch it. Love his work.

"Did you see it this week? He read Herodotus! HERODOTUS!!!"

hahaha

I have not tried that one yet, Thanks Seth

I second the Battlestar Galactica. The new series though. The old series was total cheese, but the new series rocked. Sorry it's over.

Definitely the newer series.

Lilyhammer was a good one if u like sopranos type mob series

Love me some Netflix streaming!

If you guys haven't already watched you need to watch Season 1 of House of Cards, as Season 2 starts a week from today. Kevin Spacy is amazing in this series, if you like political dramas with cussing, some mild nudity, back stabbing, manipulative characters, some twists each episode and things like this. GREAT series, can't wait for Season 2 in a week!

Love An Idiot Abroad! Of course, as you can see by my avatar, I'm a big Karl Pilkington fan. Dude just cracks me up!

Love me some Netflix streaming!

If you guys haven't already watched you need to watch Season 1 of House of Cards, as Season 2 starts a week from today. Kevin Spacy is amazing in this series, if you like political dramas with cussing, some mild nudity, back stabbing, manipulative characters, some twists each episode and things like this. GREAT series, can't wait for Season 2 in a week!
great show, i like how they release the entire season at once

Back