The Netflix and Streaming Thread

Binged The Boys over the last week or so.. right up my alley, awesome action, some funny stuff, a but of suspense and intrigue.. ending kind of bothered me as it left sa butlot of things unresolved but set it up for a 2nd season

I think Orange is the New Black is next in the queue

SyFy has the '03 Battlestar Galactica miniseries which acted as the pilot for the series.

Rewatched that and I was off again, all in watching the series again on Prime. On S2 E20 right now. Probably 10 years since I last watched, enjoying it just as much as the first go-round.

Finished Season 2 of Ozark. Was just waiting for Marty to just open gun fire on all the characters in the show to end it. He handles stress very well.

Time to find a new show!

Nate;n8875550 said:
Finished Season 2 of Ozark. Was just waiting for Marty to just open gun fire on all the characters in the show to end it. He handles stress very well.

Time to find a new show!

Is Ozark in your Netflix Top 5? It’s Top 2 for me along with Narcos.

Waiting 4-6 more weeks before starting Stranger Things. Summer is short so want to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tough decision on whether to watch the new season of Mindhunter or QB1 first.

Watching season 2 of the Sinner...I like it better than season 1. Also watching The Boys on Prime. Mindhunter is on deck.

Danimal;n8878241 said:
Watching season 2 of the Sinner...I like it better than season 1. Also watching The Boys on Prime. Mindhunter is on deck.

Watched that recently. Not bad at all.. I love how weird it gets in their series. Layers on layers.

My Netflix subscription got hacked by someone in Argentina - according to Netflix Customer Service. So, I cancelled it because they said they cannot restore my viewing history, but if Mindhunter Season 2 is out, then I may have to forgive them and re-up.

giphy.gif

Vortex;n8875622 said:

Waiting 4-6 more weeks before starting Stranger Things. Summer is short so want to enjoy as much of it as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Narcos is so good. I was skeptical about Narco Mexico but it did not disappoint. I am looking forward to where they take it in the future.

Vortex;n8875622 said:

4 sure! It is a f'ing nut of a ride. Ready for season 3 hopefully soon! I haven't done a full dive into the Netflix offerings but here is where I stand:

1. Ozark
2. Last Kingdom
3. Longmire
4. Marco Polo
5. Bloodline

Started Narcos and got through a few episodes but then lost interest. Need to add a few more to my list (Peaky Blinders, WU Assassins looks intriguing)

Another note not Netflix, Yellowstone w/ Costner has been great.

H8tobogie;n8878272 said:
My Netflix subscription got hacked by someone in Argentina - according to Netflix Customer Service. So, I cancelled it because they said they cannot restore my viewing history, but if Mindhunter Season 2 is out, then I may have to forgive them and re-up.

Just became available today.

Nate;n8878333 said:
4 sure! It is a f'ing nut of a ride. Ready for season 3 hopefully soon! I haven't done a full dive into the Netflix offerings but here is where I stand:

1. Ozark
2. Last Kingdom
3. Longmire
4. Marco Polo
5. Bloodline

Started Narcos and got through a few episodes but then lost interest. Need to add a few more to my list (Peaky Blinders, WU Assassins looks intriguing)

If you haven't seen any of Peaky Blinders then I would seriously recommend it - season 5 starts next week here in the UK

Wu Assassins is okay if you like your martial arts and some CGI

TheDoctor;n8878371 said:
If you haven't seen any of Peaky Blinders then I would seriously recommend it - season 5 starts next week here in the UK

Wu Assassins is okay if you like your martial arts and some CGI

Finally!!! Need to find out what is happening with the Shelbys!! Guessing it will be close to the end of the year before it comes here, but getting closer is a great thing.

Nate;n8878333 said:

1. Ozark
2. Last Kingdom
3. Longmire
4. Marco Polo
5. Bloodline

Was a big fan of Bloodline. Wish it would have gone longer.

Decided to go QB1 before Mindhunter. Solid so far through 3 episodes.

mancest;n8878400 said:
Finally!!! Need to find out what is happening with the Shelbys!! Guessing it will be close to the end of the year before it comes here, but getting closer is a great thing.

Oh man, cannot wait for season 5!!!!

Found ourselves out of shows last night. Had a few episodes left of Bodyguard but decided to give Shooter a go. 3 episodes into season 1 and it's enough to keep us engaged. Always wondered what happened to Darnell!

Through 7 episodes of season 2 of Mindhunter and it is great.

Nate;n8879794 said:
Found ourselves out of shows last night. Had a few episodes left of Bodyguard but decided to give Shooter a go. 3 episodes into season 1 and it's enough to keep us engaged. Always wondered what happened to Darnell!

Shooter is a good one. We need to start the latest season

Sox_Fan;n8879940 said:
Through 7 episodes of season 2 of Mindhunter and it is great.

Mindhunter is queued up and never started it. Guess now is the time.

Watching GLOW now. So good

Nate;n8878333 said:

1. Ozark
2. Last Kingdom
3. Longmire
4. Marco Polo
5. Bloodline

Good list! Mine is as follows.
1. Ozark
2. Narcos
3. Peaky Blinders
4. The Crown (complete surprise)
5. Last Kingdom

Honorable mentions:
1. Stranger Things
2. Mindhunter
3. Making of a Murder
4. Punisher / Daredevil

The trailers for GLOW look great and we'll be watching that one soon.

JB;n8879970 said:
Watching GLOW now. So good

I'm going to put that on my list based on your opinion. At First Look it didn't seem like one that I would like. I'm going to give it a try.

The wife and I have done a lot of binging lately. Not strictly Netflix, but Amazon as well. We started Justified about 2 weeks ago and close to halfway through season 5 now. Before that was Bloodline. I will have to download Yellowstone to watch that next I think.

We finished Stranger Things season 3 in one day.

Certainly waiting for next season of Ozarks, that one is really good.

I will also need to give Glow a shot, didn't really catch my attention watching the trailer though.

Narcos is really good, the first couple seasons were better than the last and better than Narcos:Mexico which I thought was too slow in developing.
I unfortunately started watching Another Life which seemed intriguing but was poorly done.

dthogey;n8880015 said:
I'm going to put that on my list based on your opinion. At First Look it didn't seem like one that I would like. I'm going to give it a try.

Not really getting into glow., I made myself watch 2 episodes, not into it.

Finished Mindhunter season 2 saturday. Really liked it, changes the focus a little bit (it is still about the people studying serial killers) but so damn well done, and almost creepier as they "work an active case" for much of it.

I am going to watch some marvel movies or something else a bit light.... murder particularly of children brings me down for some reason.

Back