The Car Shopping Thread

Ohhhhhh the 22 WRX comes in orange. ORANGE!!!

My DD.
6afc085b42d5e956a1770efb9b2a43fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen a couple of the new Mavericks (Not sure if its a Truck or a Car with a bed) however they look sharp.
Also seen some Santa Cruz as well.
Could see this "Sport Adventure Vehicle" category take off as a families "Second Car".
(Don't know if you could get a set of clubs in bed - seems small)
This is the vehicle I'm likely getting, but as they closed orders for 2022s and the used market being crazy, I'll put an order in in August when the orders open for a 2023

98% of it's use would be for commuting to and from work, with the last 2% for hauling stuff from home Depot, picking up stuff, etc. So I don't particularly need a larger truck like a ranger, and definitely don't need an f150 . Though if the ranger ends up in a hybrid that would be interesting and make me need to think more, but a fully loaded Mav for ~32k is the top choice right now

So... I'm thinking...
Used Mustang that's got an Ecoboost engine and a manual transmission.
Color - I don't want white or black. I'd prefer Kona blue
It needs to have the premium package for leather seat and they come with cooled seats too.:cool:
I don't want it to have more than 40,000 miles.
I want it to be 2015 or newer.

When I tire of it I'll trade it in on a corvette. Prices "should" be back to normal by then because it'd be a few years.

I see where Carvana laid off 2500 workers this week. Wonder if buying all those used cars for exorbitant prices is catching up with them?
I saw some youtube channel the other day saying that used car prices for retail dropped something like 5% but overall rose something like 14% for wholesale... and those prices are being passed along to we consumers. Maybe it's the beginning of the end of inflated used car prices?

I doubt the inflation is over with for a little while longer. Here in the WV area we never really had bump sticker issues for "adjusted market values." but lately they've been $2.5k - 4k depending on the model. I don't know how much longer the auto industry can survive the inventory issues. How are the new car lots looking in you peoples regions? About 5-10 new cars per lot in my area.

. How are the new car lots looking in you peoples regions? About 5-10 new cars per lot in my area.
Depends on the location and seemingly the manufacturers carried. The Kia and Nissan dealership by my work has maybe 40 cars, the I think Subaru place has maybe 150.

I doubt the inflation is over with for a little while longer. Here in the WV area we never really had bump sticker issues for "adjusted market values." but lately they've been $2.5k - 4k depending on the model. I don't know how much longer the auto industry can survive the inventory issues. How are the new car lots looking in you peoples regions? About 5-10 new cars per lot in my area.
Yeah... from the site I'm using tot rack prices, they're $2,000 - $3,500 or so higher than they were a couple years ago. Some of that is inflation... but when I'm looking at an Ecoboost Mustang that's a 2017 with a manual transmission, 55,000 miles, and cloth interior... and the prices listed are $30,000, something is wrong. That is more like an $18,000 car there, not $30k.

The Subaru dealer I take my wife’s car to currently only has 4 new vehicles and they may all be in transit.

I lease my Sportage Nightfall, only had it for 6 months and the dealer sent me an email that I have positive equity, do I want to turn it over? Ummm, hell no.

826a368d198f4ed89545b70802514449.jpga82be237fe694a4181a1ffc416c91ce0.jpg

Finally! F***, what a day. Should be able to pick it up in about a week.

Spooked by a lack of inventory, leased another 3 years, going from the Rav4 19 and went with the Rav4 22. It's been a good car. But, I had thoughts of checking out other brands,. Another 3 years with a solid performer is ok.

Spooked by a lack of inventory, leased another 3 years, going from the Rav4 19 and went with the Rav4 22. It's been a good car. But, I had thoughts of checking out other brands,. Another 3 years with a solid performer is ok.
My wife is on her second RAV4 also. It's absolutely perfect fro her work (liquor sales rep) and transporting the dogs for their scent training. She's had it since January but yesterday was the first time that I've done any real driving with it. I'm actually really impressed with how the car handles and drives. There's a big difference between how this one drives and her last one (2017). She absolutely loves it.

I know why ... Subarus are blue or silver. Period. End of discussion.

My daughter-in-law ordered a 2022 WRX in Blue, smart girl! My son has a 2021 WRX in black:rolleyes:

In other news, top end of KBB on my car is back to being above what I paid for it last March... and I would absolutely not think twice to get rid of it for the new new.

Maybe I'll get lucky this weekend.

Neighbors father pulled up in a new Lincoln Aviator the other day -
Beautiful car - Ordered in November of 21' and got it in May of 22'.

It is actually REALLY irritating how hard it is to find the right car these days.
I refuse to look at dealers that put $8k Market Adjustment on their website. At least try and hide that you are trying to rip me off...

I'm looking into a Kia Telluride for the family, much like everyone else, so I'm in a losing battle for the foreseeable future :rolleyes:

Back