The Car Shopping Thread

Updated the wheels with a kit. Hated the hub caps

IMG_1721.jpeg

Went to the dealer yesterday to see what a lease on a Ram would look like given my recent car woes. Test drove a warlock and a big horn. I fell in love with the big horn but at over $700/m for both I think I’ll keep my money

Went to the dealer yesterday to see what a lease on a Ram would look like given my recent car woes. Test drove a warlock and a big horn. I fell in love with the big horn but at over $700/m for both I think I’ll keep my money
Yeah trucks are insane now.

Yeah I mean at that point I might as well buy instead of lease. I’m thinking/hoping prices will come down quite a bit in the second half of this year

I need a truck in my life. However, the older I get the more I realized I didn't need that incredible GMC Sierra. So, this past November I bought a brand new Tacoma SR Access Cab. I love this little truck and because I only paid 28k for it I can customize it how I want to; I've already done a audio upgrade and have plans to go bigger. Then I'll do a custom golf club/storage behind the seats. Then onto styling options I get to pick out, so I can set it up the way I'll like it as opposed to factory options/packages.

This process is fun, and a throwback to my younger years when we all personalized are vehicles back in the 70s and 80s.

They are outrageous. Even the used. My local dealer ( close friend and owner of the dealership in St Augustine ) is calling me wanting to give me out of of this world money for my 2016 F150 3.5 Eco Lariat Supercrew not 4WD. I told him, sure, but what the heck am I going to buy with that cash, everything used and new are money wise NUTS.

They are outrageous. Even the used. My local dealer ( close friend and owner of the dealership in St Augustine ) is calling me wanting to give me out of of this world money for my 2016 F150 3.5 Eco Lariat Supercrew not 4WD. I told him, sure, but what the heck am I going to buy with that cash, everything used and new are money wise NUTS.
They want to buy my 19 Silverado and I have a ton of equity but holy crap to buy a new 1

They want to buy my 19 Silverado and I have a ton of equity but holy crap to buy a new 1
Oh dealers are sneaky. While i had my truck in for service last month, he ( owner of the dealership) loaned me his personal F150 lightning to use for a few days. Sure its nice, loads of torque, quite, but at 80k plus, I don’t think so.

The house already has a Level 2 charger but, to darn much and when pulling a ( 3000 lbs flats boat/motor/trailer loaded up) the range drops like a rock

Oh dealers are sneaky. While i had my truck in for service last month, he ( owner of the dealership) loaned me his personal F150 lightning to use for a few days. Sure its nice, loads of torque, quite, but at 80k plus, I don’t think so.

The house already has a Level 2 charger but, to darn much and when pulling a ( 3000 lbs flats boat/motor/trailer loaded up) the range drops like a rock
Saw a Lightning a few months ago, while doing some preliminary car shopping.... it was "Sale" priced at $93k. Ummmm no thanks.

My wife is looking to trade her Nissan Rogue in on a Mazda Cx5. Anyone have any experience with the Mazda?

My wife is looking to trade her Nissan Rogue in on a Mazda Cx5. Anyone have any experience with the Mazda?
My fiancée has a 2019 CX5. I was really impressed with it. She’s got about 35,000 miles on it with no issues. Very smooth ride and really good in snow.

My fiancée has a 2019 CX5. I was really impressed with it. She’s got about 35,000 miles on it with no issues. Very smooth ride and really good in snow.
Thank you. We don’t really worry about snow in Houston. She puts about 60k miles a year on her car for work. Wanting to make sure we get into something reliable

Picked up the RX 350h this week. Photos do not do justice to the Nori Green Pearl. First impressions are very positive, although after nearly thirty years behind the wheels of Accords, I feel like I switched from a Mac to a PC. I think the learning curve will be short.

RX 1.jpgRX 2.jpg
RX 4.jpg

Picked up the RX 350h this week. Photos do not do justice to the Nori Green Pearl. First impressions are very positive, although after nearly thirty years behind the wheels of Accords, I feel like I switched from a Mac to a PC. I think the learning curve will be short.

View attachment 9192774View attachment 9192775
View attachment 9192779

I've been looking at these as we have friends that have the RX350's ( non hybrid). Since I don't really need my F150 Supercrew anymore and we have owned Lexus cars since 2010. Actually we still have our 2010 GS350, and a 2020 ES350, no issues at all on both cars. I will be interested in your comments as you get more familiar with the hybrid aspect, mileage, any special maintenance etc.. I like the projection of 658 miles on a single tank of gas under ideal conditions in hybrid trim. Nice looking SUV. Enjoy

My wife and I just got her a 2023 Mazda Cx-5. Hope this one holds up better than the Nissan Rogue did.

I'm going to track how long it takes from built to delivered to get an estimate for mine.. currently set for 8/3

I was so tempted to let the dumbasss in the nice Benz SUV hit my car but no way I'd get a rental for 2 months haha maybe when my delivery is closer
Maverick has shipped. Shipped 7/15. Expected delivery date is 7/25 - 8/7.

Maverick has shipped. Shipped 7/15. Expected delivery date is 7/25 - 8/7.
Nice! I figure it's about a month from build to delivery, including some dealership prep. Good luck!

Back