The Car Shopping Thread

20230723_131248.jpg
Mmmmmmmmmm

This looks fun!

Don't like what they've done to the grills now. Maybe I'm just old...

Saw the new XM in person for the first time. It looks better (to me) in person than it does in the pics, and it's quite a bit larger than I thought. I kinda like it!

Still looks a little too big for its platform.

View attachment 9195025
Blacking out the grills really helps hide how hideous they are now on a lot of models. I would drive that thing there in a second.

So I sold my Silverado and Acura RDX, and bought a 2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL. Now I have an open bay in my 3 car garage. Hope this is not a mistake. The Ridgeline is suppose to be dual purpose as a grandkid carrier, and haul to the dump type vehicle. I was tired of paying insurance on 3 vehicles plus oil changes (on 2 of them), and yearly inspections.
So far so good, but the Ridgeline does not have beeping noises if you get close to something while parking, so the wife is not happy.:whistle:

So I sold my Silverado and Acura RDX, and bought a 2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL. Now I have an open bay in my 3 car garage. Hope this is not a mistake. The Ridgeline is suppose to be dual purpose as a grandkid carrier, and haul to the dump type vehicle. I was tired of paying insurance on 3 vehicles plus oil changes (on 2 of them), and yearly inspections.
So far so good, but the Ridgeline does not have beeping noises if you get close to something while parking, so the wife is not happy.:whistle:
Better than when my wife ignored the beep thinking it was just sensing something irrelevant and backed into the neighbors car .. granted her backup cam does not have a clear picture but damn woman, turn and look behind you 😡

I didn't do any shopping by did sell my 2016 Jeep and bought my dads 2018 Sierra. I'm glad to be back in a truck.

Knew I shouldn't have been reading this thread. At a dealership with the wife about a 2023 Genesis QV70😔

Was just delivered last night at closing. Still has plastic all over interior. She asked him to remove it from the driver's side for the test drive😅
20230727_170827.jpg
20230727_182327.jpg
Update...she couldn't resist and process started. There goes her Grand Cherokee 😔

Last edited:
Knew I shouldn't have been reading this thread. At a dealership with the wife about a 2023 Genesis QV70😔

Was just delivered last night at closing. Still has plastic all over interior. She asked him to remove it from the driver's side for the test drive😅
View attachment 9195393
View attachment 9195401
Update...she couldn't resist and process started. There goes her Grand Cherokee 😔
Good looking car, that! The wheels are a bit strange, but I'd get used to them.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
Wheels Indeed, and cleaning them will be a pain...😔

The wheels are hideous but the body style looks great. I’d have to sell those wheels and go aftermarket.

• Haha
Reactions: J4U
The wheels are hideous but the body style looks great. I’d have to sell those wheels and go aftermarket.
They look better in person?

Learning which battles are worth it is key here.😅

They look better in person?

Learning which battles are worth it is key here.😅

I’m not an SUV guy but my wife certainly is. For 17 years, the only car/suv color she will order is white which to me is so boring. It’s a battle I’m not fighting. :)

Wheels Indeed, and cleaning them will be a pain...😔
Ceramic coat the whole car and revel in how easy it is to keep clean. Including wheels and glass- It's been a life saver for my white truck and the wife's Honda.

Congrats to the Mrs.

I’m not an SUV guy but my wife certainly is. For 17 years, the only car/suv color she will order is white which to me is so boring. It’s a battle I’m not fighting. :)
Yup, finally got her out of the white on the Jeep. Knew I didn't have a chance on this one. She's happy, I'm happy :drinks:

However, she did ask for me to tell her yes or no... Sometimes it's better just to listen;)

Back