The Car Shopping Thread

I really like the Bronco, i looked at pretty hard , but in the end wanted something with a bit more towing and a bed since i have horses and a farm.

But similar to you i drive my truck a lot in the snow so went more all terrain instead of offroading (i have Wrangler Duratracs instead of Wrangler AT Kevlar they came with)

I've posted pics before but i have 2022 Tacoma TRD Pro

View attachment 9255945
Great looking truck! A pick-up drives better than a Bronco and is way more practical and useful for all the reasons you listed. I‘ve wanted a Jeep for decades but was stuck in a company minivan or Ford Edge for decades and was making all the responsible parenting choices. When the new Bronco came out a few years ago I had to have one and it was my reward for becoming an empty nester. I love taking the top and doors off in the summer.

Great looking truck! A pick-up drives better than a Bronco and is way more practical and useful for all the reasons you listed. I‘ve wanted a Jeep for decades but was stuck in a company minivan or Ford Edge for decades and was making all the responsible parenting choices. When the new Bronco came out a few years ago I had to have one and it was my reward for becoming an empty nester. I love taking the top and doors off in the summer.

Oh i totally get it. If it wasn't for the towing and having to lug stuff in the bed , i always wanted a jeep too. I really, really wanted the Wrangler 392 lol....Which is a preposterous Jeep. But we need to move horses from one barn to another on occasion so the 6500lb towing is good

I really wanted to look at the Ranger Raptor but didn't want to wait for it , when i bought it wasn't out yet

Oh i totally get it. If it wasn't for the towing and having to lug stuff in the bed , i always wanted a jeep too. I really, really wanted the Wrangler 392 lol....Which is a preposterous Jeep. But we need to move horses from one barn to another on occasion so the 6500lb towing is good

I really wanted to look at the Ranger Raptor but didn't want to wait for it , when i bought it wasn't out yet

Love the 392 Jeep and I have a couple buddies that own them and they are preposterous but so much fun!

We need towing capacity and the Bronco is definitely not a tow vehicle. We use our ‘18 diesel Range Rover that handles all of our towing needs from a 1/2 mile trip to drop jet skis in the water or the painful 1,900 mile trip pulling a 6,500 boat/trailer load from Naples to northern MN.

D6875CFE-F1C1-4F4C-A020-09F168A3960B.jpeg

My 2019 Civic will be paid off this month. I got a very low rate at 60 months and the plan was to trade it in before it hit 100k. Unfortunately, rates are still too high right now even with shorter term loans. So I’ll try to hold off.

In addition to high interest rates, I should be retiring at the end of 2025 and not sure what my next vehicle will be. If we stay in Northern Michigan it’ll be AWD or 4WD. My round trip work commute is 50 miles - hence the Civic that gets crazy good fuel economy. The likelihood of driving far less miles per year opens up a few of options.

I know it's not the most popular choice for many, but took the leap from a hybrid to full electric today. A 2018 Tesla Model X 7-seater.
1712918775057.jpeg

Have kept my eye out for an upgrade for the wife's Kia Sorento. The brakes are now wonky, and I changed the pads but there's pulsing and steering column shaking so it's probably another stuck caliper, and then new rotors and brakes means another 1k

I found 1 I like for her but what irks me is the "$2k savings if financed through the dealership" at like 9%.. of course I could refinance right away to my credit union at 5.49% but then they would lose out on the finance points, but then again should I care?

Picked up the new motor today. Had to do the whole carmax thing, but apart from that, I am like a kid at Christmas with this car. Way more fun to drive than the 5.0. Feels punchier low down, handles like a go cart, and my worries about buying my first automatic were not realized. Took the twisties home and ended up in bumper to bumper traffic just outside Santa Cruz. Love how the car rev matches on down shifts, the car stays in gear when you switch to the paddles, and not having to use a clutch in stop start traffic, I feel I’ve been missing out for 30 years LOL
IMG_9565.jpeg

Picked up the new motor today. Had to do the whole carmax thing, but apart from that, I am like a kid at Christmas with this car. Way more fun to drive than the 5.0. Feels punchier low down, handles like a go cart, and my worries about buying my first automatic were not realized. Took the twisties home and ended up in bumper to bumper traffic just outside Santa Cruz. Love how the car rev matches on down shifts, the car stays in gear when you switch to the paddles, and not having to use a clutch in stop start traffic, I feel I’ve been missing out for 30 years LOL
View attachment 9256847
Hot hatch!

Back