The Car Shopping Thread

I will start looking soon. My car was tboned by a driver rushing home to get her phone back in November of last year, only 4 months after I got it. It hasn't felt right ever since and the dealer even though they did all the repair work swears the car is fine. Off to look at the midsize SUV, something comparable to the current Sorento I am driving.
We've been extremely happy with a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe we bought at the end of 2017. Similar to your Sorento. I don't know if you're looking for new or used, but if you can get a nice 2017 or 2018, I'd highly suggest taking a look. I wasn't sold on the new design of the 2019 and the Santa Fe XL.

We're excited to see the new Hyundai Palisade that comes out this summer. Very similar to the Kia Telluride that is out. Might pick one up next year and let the wife drive it and I'll take the Santa Fe.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

We've been extremely happy with a 2017 Hyundai Santa Fe we bought at the end of 2017. Similar to your Sorento. I don't know if you're looking for new or used, but if you can get a nice 2017 or 2018, I'd highly suggest taking a look. I wasn't sold on the new design of the 2019 and the Santa Fe XL.

We're excited to see the new Hyundai Palisade that comes out this summer. Very similar to the Kia Telluride that is out. Might pick one up next year and let the wife drive it and I'll take the Santa Fe.

My Sorento is the EXL turbo with e eryrhing but a sunroof. I love the car but the issues aren't comforting and the dealership and their body shop seem like they don't care.

Take a look at the Mazda CX-7 and CX-9. Very high rated at a lower price.

I looked at the CX-5 before getting the Sorento. It was nice but I got a deal I couldnt pass up on the Kia.

My Sorento is the EXL turbo with e eryrhing but a sunroof. I love the car but the issues aren't comforting and the dealership and their body shop seem like they don't care.
Interesting. Well knock on wood, we haven't had any issues with over 40k on the vehicle. Been a great car. Can't recommend it enough.

We checked it the Mazda CX9 but it was cramped and kind of loud. Plus the warranty can't compete with Hyundai or Kia.

Interesting. Well knock on wood, we haven't had any issues with over 40k on the vehicle. Been a great car. Can't recommend it enough.

We checked it the Mazda CX9 but it was cramped and kind of loud. Plus the warranty can't compete with Hyundai or Kia.

I am 100 percent positive had the car not been tboned the car would have no issues. I still really like the car just hasn't been right since the accident

I am 100 percent positive had the car not been tboned the car would have no issues. I still really like the car just hasn't been right since the accident
Yeah they're never the same after accidents...

Interesting. Well knock on wood, we haven't had any issues with over 40k on the vehicle. Been a great car. Can't recommend it enough. Plus the warranty can't compete with Hyundai or Kia.

I have had my Hyundai for almost 12 years and my wife's Kia for 6 years.

Her Kia, knock on wood, has had ZERO issues in 6 years. My Hyundai, broke both visors (replaced under warranty), broke center console compartment cover (replaced under warranty), Brake line rusted a hole at year 10.2 (paid for that one), and knock on wood again, that's all. It amazes me every time I think about it, all mine and wifey's previous cars were in the shop at minimum twice a year for something, I guess that's why we have kept the current ones so long.

They don't make the CX-7 anymore. Just the 5 and 9.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 CX5 with 120k miles and it has been a great car for 4 people. My son will be driving it when he turns 16 next month and I am taking over my dad’s Traverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2014 CX5 with 120k miles and it has been a great car for 4 people. My son will be driving it when he turns 16 next month and I am taking over my dad’s Traverse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My wife has an 18 CX-5. Fun car, good gas mileage, nice interior. I wish it had a tad more console storage (two small kids so lots of snacks, tablets, chargers everywhere if we are going anywhere more than an hour) but other than that and a somewhat clumsy entertainment interface it's been great.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I have had my Hyundai for almost 12 years and my wife's Kia for 6 years.

Her Kia, knock on wood, has had ZERO issues in 6 years. My Hyundai, broke both visors (replaced under warranty), broke center console compartment cover (replaced under warranty), Brake line rusted a hole at year 10.2 (paid for that one), and knock on wood again, that's all. It amazes me every time I think about it, all mine and wifey's previous cars were in the shop at minimum twice a year for something, I guess that's why we have kept the current ones so long.
Yeah I think the Hyundai quality has certainly improved greatly since 2002 when you got your Hyundai. The warranty gives me peace of mind, but I don't expect to use it much. I wish the VW Atlas had as good of quality as the Santa Fe we've got. That car is amazing inside and out... But it's been notorious for issues every since it was released....

Yeah I think the Hyundai quality has certainly improved greatly since 2002 when you got your Hyundai. The warranty gives me peace of mind, but I don't expect to use it much. I wish the VW Atlas had as good of quality as the Santa Fe we've got. That car is amazing inside and out... But it's been notorious for issues every since it was released....

Due to VW's past known issues with electrical gremlins they scare me even now.

Due to VW's past known issues with electrical gremlins they scare me even now.
My Jetta has been awesome for 70k miles and 3.5 years. Hoping those electrical Gremlins stay far away....

My Jetta has been awesome for 70k miles and 3.5 years. Hoping those electrical Gremlins stay far away....

This was back in the early 2000's the GTI's mostly had stupid stuff like door locks, window regulators, window switches, and just little electrical gremlins that I just can't seem to get past.

This was back in the early 2000's the GTI's mostly had stupid stuff like door locks, window regulators, window switches, and just little electrical gremlins that I just can't seem to get past.
Completely understand. I had a 2009 Chevy Malibu that was an absolute disaster...finished up by a transmission going out at 93k miles after 5 years. Absolute nonsense and Chevy told me too bad, as they did with all the other stuff that broke. They blamed it on poor quality due to the market collapse and such it was awful. And for that, I'll never buy another Chevy again. Can't get past that quality and service...

I took delivery of my new golf today and I love it, drove for a couple hours in it and its everything I was looking for.
eedd6c157a902e6fd39e1586c2e85060.jpg

Completely understand. I had a 2009 Chevy Malibu that was an absolute disaster...finished up by a transmission going out at 93k miles after 5 years. Absolute nonsense and Chevy told me too bad, as they did with all the other stuff that broke. They blamed it on poor quality due to the market collapse and such it was awful. And for that, I'll never buy another Chevy again. Can't get past that quality and service...

After the way my current GMC has methodically fallen apart, I'll never buy GM/Chevy again either.
The only thing worse than their products is their service.

Eh, Chevy 2.2s and 2.4s have pretty much been bullet proof for me. They kind of solidified my Chevy allegiance. Then again these aren't the first horror stories I've heard about newer Chevy vehicles.

2007 Equinox going strong at 213k miles and my 2001 Formula at 140k. They have had minor repairs but nothing major. I don't think any brand is really superior quality wise. There are issues with various models across all brands. It's essentially the same supply chain making parts for all the OEM's.

I took delivery of my new golf today and I love it, drove for a couple hours in it and its everything I was looking for.
eedd6c157a902e6fd39e1586c2e85060.jpg

congrats...im a big fan of the golf R. price tag a bit steep though.

I was just telling my brother inlaw that I own five cars and I dont have more than $20K invested in the lot of them.Turns out it is $20,500 It aint sexy but sure makes college bills for three go down easier.

2008 Hyndai Veracruz $3800
2007 Volvo S60 $5000
2006 vw Passat $2600
2003 Honda Pilot $4000
2003 Honda CRV $5000

My inlaws were in need of a car so my wife and I gifted them our older CRV and went shopping for a new ride. Meet 'Julie' our new Kia Stinger.
3d84263d819bf2cdf24ed63905ce2d86.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

My inlaws were in need of a car so my wife and I gifted them our older CRV and went shopping for a new ride. Meet 'Julie' our new Kia Stinger.
3d84263d819bf2cdf24ed63905ce2d86.jpg

Niiice I been eyeing one as a step up from my optima sxl, what trim you get? I would have to go for the GT, my current already has more hp in the 4 cyl turbo than the standard.. then again I think the 255 would still be sufficient

How'd you like the ride?

Is anybody waiting for or thinking about the new Ford Bronco? The rumors are very intriguing.

Is anybody waiting for or thinking about the new Ford Bronco? The rumors are very intriguing.

It’s on our list to check out. Need to see it up close before we make a decision

Most definitely. Not sure if I'll get the first model year (2020?) or the 2nd.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Back