The Car Shopping Thread

Niiice I been eyeing one as a step up from my optima sxl, what trim you get? I would have to go for the GT, my current already has more hp in the 4 cyl turbo than the standard.. then again I think the 255 would still be sufficient

How'd you like the ride?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We went with the Premium AWD model. Wanted the GT but there weren't as many incentives available and I honestly wouldn't put the 365 hp to good use in my area. I'm also coming from an older Lancer with only 158 hp so it's a big difference to me.

Absolutely love the ride. Its loaded with tech and I'm really digging the ability to cycle between sport, comfort, eco, and smart mode. Comfortable on the inside as the Genesis g70 and is a bit roomier in fact, though the suspension could be better.

My inlaws were in need of a car so my wife and I gifted them our older CRV and went shopping for a new ride. Meet 'Julie' our new Kia Stinger.
3d84263d819bf2cdf24ed63905ce2d86.jpg

Really intrigued by this car. I give it a hard look every time I see one on the road. Kia really hit out of the park design-wise. Can't wait to hear what you think of it.

I have a thing for Jaguars

Their styling is on point, and with the deals they run there is alot of value there. I really really like the XF Shooting Break.

But each time I talk myself into considering one, I look at the reliability again and sprint in the other direction.

Their styling is on point, and with the deals they run there is alot of value there. I really really like the XF Shooting Break.

But each time I talk myself into considering one, I look at the reliability again and sprint in the other direction.

The 14 and 15 Models are some of my favorite looking cars

Wife is looking at the VW Arteon and Genesis G70. I’m leaning towards the Genesis.

Parked next to an Audi Q8 when I dropped my son off to golf camp this am, Black with tinted windows and nicer wheels, they are growing on me, but I still don’t see it as a step up from the Q7.

I owned a Jag before my current car. I still miss it. Yes it spent more time in the shop than any car I have owned, and yes it was not not cheap to fix, and yes when the major things went wonky I dumped it fast.

That said I keep gravitating towards a used Jag XE. I have test drove 3 XE's so far and 2 XF's. I also like the G70 but there is limited supply and no deals to be found. I really don't want to eat the depreciation on a new Jag even on a good deal, so used I would go.

Wife is looking at the VW Arteon and Genesis G70. I’m leaning towards the Genesis.

If you plan on using the backseat for passengers, make sure you try sitting in the back of the G70. When I sat in one at the car show earlier this year, the leg room was severely limited due to the fact that I couldn't get my feet under the front seat. This may have been because the seat was adjusted improperly but just something to take a look at.

Picking up my new 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation today.

Very much looking forward to being able to tow more than 1500 lbs (2017 Honda CRV).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took delivery of my new golf today and I love it, drove for a couple hours in it and its everything I was looking for.
Nice pick up Marty! When's the next trip down to NY to break it in?

Parked next to an Audi Q8 when I dropped my son off to golf camp this am, Black with tinted windows and nicer wheels, they are growing on me, but I still don’t see it as a step up from the Q7.
Size wise it was never supposed to be "larger" than the Q7. I want to say it's somewhere in between the Q5 and Q7. Issue I have is with the engine choice, should have bumped it up a few notches with something that had just around 400ish hp

Size wise it was never supposed to be "larger" than the Q7. I want to say it's somewhere in between the Q5 and Q7. Issue I have is with the engine choice, should have bumped it up a few notches with something that had just around 400ish hp

I agree on the engine, by “step up” I meant to say something along the lines of more premium / high end / luxurious. It’s priced above the Q7, but looks and feels like a Q5.5.

Sister in law just bought a brand new Ram 1500 Bighorn edition. 6” lift, big knobby tires and power running boards.

I advised her to buy the Chevy equivalent but the dodge was $8,000 cheaper...

First time she has to take it in for service, I’ll get to say I told you so! Lol!

But it is a pretty truck!

The arteon is the new CC, yes?

I was wondering if it was a direct replacement for the CC.

Biggest engine is still a 2.0 4 cyl, so I'll pass.

Chances are the SQ8 will be in the 450-470hp range given that it has the same engine as the upcoming S6 and S7.

I know that engine is regularly voted as one of the best in the world, but I am surprised there's no Vr6 option

Posted by my thumbs.
Big time dissapointing, they went for the sporty looks it seems, but not actually a sporty car.

Does it bother anyone here the new Vette (C8) is a midengine?

I have mixed feelings on it.

There is a whole thread on it, but no it doesn't. They were tired of getting their butts kicked in the sports car racing world, and they knew that wasn't going to change with a FR platform. They achieved miracles with recent vettes, but they couldn't go any further.

I love the new Vette and see it as a natural evolution. I’m more likely to buy one now that it is a mid engine.

The 2020 vette looks like a "china-copy" of a 2008 F430 Scuderia.

I'm sure it's an absolute beast of a car, but chevy really needs to get on it with the design department. Last 3 vettes, style-wise, have knocked off older Ferraris quite heavily. C6 took a lot of front end cues from the 360. C7 has the same flow and shape of a 599. And now this.

1694dcc98de4553ff77e004e2cddcdbe.jpg

So far very happy.

Back