The Car Shopping Thread

Solid looking truck! I don't think I would ever use a pick up as a daily driver. Just not me. But I have been contemplating one as a run about vehicle. Really like the looks of this

My daily commute is about 2.5 km each way so it’s not much of a hit on gas. Plus when it’s nice I’ll often take the bike and go the long route.

Mainly got the truck for the towing capacity as we are on the hunt for a trailer.

I’m a big fan of the no chrome on the truck personally (Elevation package).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2020 vette looks like a "china-copy" of a 2008 F430 Scuderia.

I'm sure it's an absolute beast of a car, but chevy really needs to get on it with the design department. Last 3 vettes, style-wise, have knocked off older Ferraris quite heavily. C6 took a lot of front end cues from the 360. C7 has the same flow and shape of a 599. And now this.

I think it's an attractive car either way.

That said, it kind of reminds me of the 2017 Ford GT.

1694dcc98de4553ff77e004e2cddcdbe.jpg

So far very happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. Much better looking than its Chevy equivalent.

The 2020 vette looks like a "china-copy" of a 2008 F430 Scuderia.

I'm sure it's an absolute beast of a car, but chevy really needs to get on it with the design department. Last 3 vettes, style-wise, have knocked off older Ferraris quite heavily. C6 took a lot of front end cues from the 360. C7 has the same flow and shape of a 599. And now this.

Here is the latest iteration of the Ford GT:

ford-gt(1).ashx

Here is the 2020 'Vette:

2020-chevrolet-corvette-stingray.jpg

And the scuderia. Ferrari shows more of the styling from a decade ago, but it's pretty easy to see where they got their inspiration
ca64cefe512b410cc57e0e7a9463c19e.jpg

Posted by my thumbs.

The more I look at the GT the more the '20 Vette looks like a total ripoff of it.

At the end of the day though a lot of those supercars have similarities when it all comes down to it. Another car the new 'Vette kind of reminded me of (and the GT reminds me of) is the NSX.

Yea but the C7 Corvette looked like a fifth generation Viper so nothing new there.

Outside of Lambo I think you could say just about all of the midengine supercars appear to borrow from each other. I think the Vette looks much closer to an NSX or 570S than it does any Ferrari. And I just don't see the link between previous generations and Ferraris. I do see the c7 Viper comparo.

I think the backend of the Vette is awful, just awful, outside of that it looks OK, just a little blah. I suspect the Z06 will liven it up a bit.

Does anyone have experience with the Subaru Outback? I'm going to be putting a ton of miles on for work and want something that gets better mileage than my truck but still gets around in snow and this seems like a good option.

KEV;n8878668 said:
Does anyone have experience with the Subaru Outback? I'm going to be putting a ton of miles on for work and want something that gets better mileage than my truck but still gets around in snow and this seems like a good option.

Guy my wife worked with, that is all he drives and has no problems in the snow. That was in southern Wisconsin and northern Illinois. Said he always drove them until they hit 300,00 then go a new one. He is on his 3rd one and no major repairs to any of them.

Reactions: KEV
Well I'm now a station wagon dad. We ended up trading my wife's Traverse in yesterday for this 2018 Outback. I'm surprised how much we both like it and it has some nice features that will be nice with all of the miles I'll be putting on it.

Attachments

• photo36753.jpg
    photo36753.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 11
I liked the Outback.
I’d say congrats, but I’m not sure it fits haha.

TeedUpThoughts;n8613373 said:
I agree on the engine, by “step up” I meant to say something along the lines of more premium / high end / luxurious. It’s priced above the Q7, but looks and feels like a Q5.5.

It's mostly with the interior tech, the Q8 uses the newest touch screen interfaces combined with Digital Cockpit vs. the Q7 that only uses Digital Cockpit (which all current Audi models use).

Q8 Interior for kicks
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","height":"720","width":"1280","src":"https:\/\/i.ytimg.com\/vi\/ICarjXVo0sk\/maxresdefault.jpg"}[/IMG2]

On other news, converted my Dad to Audi. Currently looking for a 2016/2017 A8L w/the 4.0T engine, can't wait to try out those massaging seats!

KEV;n8896337 said:
Well I'm now a station wagon dad. We ended up trading my wife's Traverse in yesterday for this 2018 Outback. I'm surprised how much we both like it and it has some nice features that will be nice with all of the miles I'll be putting on it.

Don't sweat it. Just last week I saw a station wagon version of my car and started pondering...

328 m sport wagon.jpg

choppstixxx;n8897651 said:
It's mostly with the interior tech, the Q8 uses the newest touch screen interfaces combined with Digital Cockpit vs. the Q7 that only uses Digital Cockpit (which all current Audi models use).

On other news, converted my Dad to Audi. Currently looking for a 2016/2017 A8L w/the 4.0T engine, can't wait to try out those massaging seats!

I do like the digital cockpit with the new touch screens, however I'd skip the SUV entirely and go for the RS6 once it hits US shores later this year. Great news on the A8L, it's a fantastic big sedan!

TeedUpThoughts;n8897687 said:
I do like the digital cockpit with the new touch screens, however I'd skip the SUV entirely and go for the RS6 once it hits US shores later this year. Great news on the A8L, it's a fantastic big sedan!

Oh I am all about the RS6 Avant, even with the possible $100k price tag! Can't wait to drive his new land yacht haha.
On the topic of "wagons", there def. is a difference between European vs. Japanese wagons. I find Euro wagons to be based off their sport sedan counterparts, where as Japanese wagons are more so their own entity and don't really bridge the gap of sporty/extra room.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.motortrend.com\/uploads\/sites\/5\/2019\/08\/2020-Audi-RS-6-Avant-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg?fit=around|875:492"}[/IMG2]

Am I the only one who gets tired of a car once I start seeing them everywhere? The new CamaroCamaros. We're cool until I starting seeing 27 of them a day. Same with any car.

When we were in hs my buddies and I all dreamed of the 96 grand prix...uuntil I started seeing them everywhete.

What's more, why buy a new dodge charger when you could get a 1st Gen viper for less and literally be a show stopper everywhere you go? I get its not a practical car, but still.

Maybe it's just me.

After having multiple Auto Stop issues with my 15' Jeep Cherokee, it got so bad that that the dealer filed for a CDI with FCA, which got approved.
I was able to get True Employee pricing on a new FCA vehicle.
So I picked up a new 2019 Dodge Journey, Red with the BlackTop and V6 options on Saturday. Got a really incredible price for it.
Car was at another dealer and just happened when I gave the sales person the ok to get the car from that dealer, that dealer called my dealer needing a pick up they had, so they made a clean swap.

I know it's an older style car however I just need something that holds my golf "Stuff" and got me to work.
This one runs so much better than the Jeep already, It has a nicer ride and better shifting trans.

I did want to add that I picked up a Chrysler Max Care (Top Tier) Warranty online from a Zeigler in Michigan today for less than half of what Chrysler Direct and the selling dealer offered.
I even was able to barter using a screen shot of another dealer's online offering.

So if you are inclined to pick a Extended Warranty, shop around online, there is savings to be had.

The new car sales reports for Honda and Toyota came out and were really bleak. Ford and GM come out today and most are expecting the same based on new car inventory, with sales declining more than the anticipated 12%. I have been holding out buying a new car because I really like not having the payment, but with my maintenance costs climbing and the soft market, I may have to take a look at some options and kick some tires, as I think dealers are going to be looking to move units before the end of the year.

My truck is getting to the point where I'm eyeing a replacement, but the more I look into it the more I may just drive & repair this thing forever. The cost of new trucks is insane. It's hard to go from having a truck that's been paid for 8 years ago to suddenly having a massive payment - for a vehicle that is no more capable than what I have now.

After 4 years of a Ford Escape the better half has decided on something else and she wants something typically American. She has decided the Mustang fits the bill and now we are looking. I can't say I'm not unhappy about this, just a little surprised.

Its probably going to be a year old (2018), an Ecoboost (don't need a V8, yes I know I should probably go that route), a premium version as that has a very good equipment list, and not a base Mustang. I'd possibly go new, the boss not so much.

As both retired, no kids, no need to transport friends to the course, no need for 4wd anymore since we moved to NC and with enough room to fit our golf bags in the boot, this seems to fit the bill. Now just to find the right one.

Anyone got one BTW and what do you think?

Happy hunting us :oops:

The new car sales reports for Honda and Toyota came out and were really bleak. Ford and GM come out today and most are expecting the same based on new car inventory, with sales declining more than the anticipated 12%.

this doesn't shock me at all.

Wife is really liking the Q8. Any thoughts on the audi SUVs or other comparables namely BMW, Acura, mercedes?

Wife is really liking the Q8. Any thoughts on the audi SUVs or other comparables namely BMW, Acura, mercedes?

The Q8 looks incredible in person.

My Touareg is in the shop for the second time in 2 weeks, originally last Thursday for the 125k service and to check why I'm getting a delayed start when cold. They diagnosed it as the battery and replaced it as well as changing all fluids and checking wear items. I get it home and Friday I'm still having the delayed start issue and noticed on Sunday that I had an oil spot on my driveway and last night my check engine light came on... Waiting to see what this will cost me, and starting to look around at some options for replacement.

Back