What Are You Listening To?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No it does not. If something can be meant another way, I find it more often than not!

No it does not. If something can be meant another way, I find it more often than not!

Straight to the gutter! Never mind, I have to go finish dinner and fold laundry. My glamorous life.

The Kid says I should post this so you'll know what I'm really like on the inside: :glasses-nerdy:

I always revert back to the 70's Guitar bands and 80's Hair Metal:>)
Lately been on a Black Crowes kick.
Can't wait for the new Guns & Roses album Nov. 23! Been 10 looong years Axl!

new found glory. i play in a band with my brother and some other people, usually pretty small though, no more than local stuff. mainly post-hardcore, easycore, hardcore, rock, progressive metal, and alternative punk rock

new found glory. i play in a band with my brother and some other people, usually pretty small though, no more than local stuff. mainly post-hardcore, easycore, hardcore, rock, progressive metal, and alternative punk rock

I remember when I was about your age and all of the post hardcore bands started getting really big. I remember Lifetime, J Church, Texas is the Reason, Sensefield etc... Orange County seemed to be a hot bed for all of these bands, but there was only a few I liked. I still have a bunch of old records somewhere, though I was always more into the hardcore stuff.

ya i included hardcore in there too. i listen to a bunch of stuff, and i used to be like totally hardcore, but i kind of go in and out of that phase

nice. i actually played that song with a band in a show not too long ago. it was a music camp over the summer with a bunch of professional musicians from nashville. we were a grunge band so we played a killswitch engage song, but one of our guys really wanted to play voodoo child so we did. i usually play post-hardcore or easycore stuff. the band im in gets our style from new found glory, 4 year strong, edison glass, and set your goals

Thanks.
You play geetar or?
I'velost more talent than I'll ever have again. Used to do the neoclassical shred thing back in the day, waaay back:>) Now I basically just play hard blues stuff, geared for biker rallies.

still sounds like fun. i play guitar, my brother plays bass. it helps to have a family member who plays as much and probably more than i do. he's kind of a prodigy. 13 years old and he has been getting asked to fill in for some pretty awesome bands who have been on tour and have a stop here in nashville or are from here. he's played some big venues and at the shop we take lessons at, they have 2 student concerts a year. he is in 35% of the bands which means hes playing like 8-10 songs, and he doesn't really make any mistakes. if you listen to rush at all, geddy lee is one of the most legendary bassists in rock history. well, we played 2 rush songs at the last show, and he got bored with the bass line so he made his own, which had twice as many notes and way harder rythms. to top it off, he's getting a $2,500 mesa half stack for christmas haha

Right now I'm listening to what sounds like a really really loud dentist's drill. Someone must be doing something to the metalwork on this building's facade, but it's extremely unpleasant. My teeth hurt.

Ahhhhh, the sweet sound of the drill. Dosen't get much better.:smile-big:

Let's Face It is the one I've got (just checked) I've got a little over 12,000 songs in my library, and I leave it playing on random a lot also. I'm about to sell off my Zune, because it won't hold enough music

I gotta love Drowning Pool, they're local for me. Along with groups like: Pantera, Reverend Horton Heat, The Toadies and plenty of Red Dirt and blues groups. I love pretty much any Texas music, regardless of genre.

Now playing:

Jack Johnson - Middle Man

Kevin Fowler - Long Neckin

Jimmy Buffett - Coastal Confessions <----Any other Parrotheads?

Gary Allan - Runaway

Hank III - Mississippi Mud

I'm a little late seeing this, but if I ever make it to Texas we are hanging out, rock climbing in that monster of yours with the system cranking, burning some HTF's. I love me some rockabilly punk

Ahhhhh, the sweet sound of the drill. Dosen't get much better.:smile-big:

Music to your ears, no doubt! Between that and the ultrasonic cleaning, it just hurts my ears to visit the dentist.

I suppose this isn't the appropriate context to say I still love the American Songbook? Lorenz Hart was the greatest lyricist of the 20th century.

Suicidal Tendencies - Which Way To Free

Pantera - This Love

Aaliyah - Try Again

George Strait - Fool Hearted Memory

Bad Religion - Generator

Jimmy Buffett - Little Miss Magic <--- Makes me think of Twerpy (my daughter)

Jimmy Buffett - God's Own Drunk<--- If you've never heard this, it's one of the funniest 'talking' tunes you'll ever hear.

God's Own Drunk
By: Lord Buckley
"Well, like I explained to y'all before I ain't no drinkin' man. I tried it once, and it got me highly irregular and I swore I'd never do it again. But I promised my brother-in-law that I'd go up and watch his still while he went into town to vote.

It was up there on the mountain where the map said it would be. Friends let me tell you one thing though, it wadn't no ordinary still. It stood up that mountainside like... like a huge golden opal.

God's yellar moon was a' shinin' on the cool clear evenin', God's little lanterns just a' twinklin' on and off in the heavens and, like I explained to you once before, I ain't no drinkin' man, But, temptation got the best of me, and I took a slash... (wshew!... woah...) That yellar whiskey runnin' down my throat like honeydew vine water, and I took another slash. Took another and another and another. 'fore you knew it I'd downed one whole jug o' that **** and commenced to get hot flashes.

Goosepimples was runnin' up and down my body and a feelin' came over me like, somethin' I'd never experienced before, It's like, like I was in love,

("why don't we have a little love Mike [Utley]")

In love for the first time, with anything that moved... animate, in-animate it didn't matter. It's like there's a great neon sign flashin' on and off in my brain sayin, "Jimmy Buffett there' a great day a comin'..." 'Cause I was drunk.

Now I wadn't, uh, knee-crawlin', slip-slidin', reggy-youngin', commode-huggin' drunk, I was God's own drunk, and a fearless man; And that's when I first saw the bear.

He was a Kodiak lookin' fella 'bout 19 feet tall he rambled up over the hill 'spectin' me to do one of two things: flip or fly, I didn't do either one. It hung him up. He starts sniffin' 'round my body tryin' to smell fear, but he ain't gonna smell no fear, 'cause I'm God's own drunk and a fearless man. It hung him up. He looked me right in my eyes and my eyes was a lot redder than his was. It hung him up.

So I approached him and I said, "Mr. Bear, I love every hair on your 27 acre body. I know you got a lotta friends over there on the other side of the hill. There's ole' Rear Bear, Tall Bear, Freddy Bear, Kelly Jair, Relly Bear, Smelly the Bear, Smokey the Bear, Pokey the Bear; I want you to go back over there tonight and tell 'em I'm feelin' right. You tell 'em I love each and every one of 'em like a brother and a sister; but if they give me any trouble tonight, I'm gonna run every Goddamned one of 'em off the hill."

He took two steps backwards and didn't know what to think. Neither did I, but, being charitable and cautious, well hell, I approached him again. I said, "Mr. Bear, you know in the eyes of the Lord, we're both beasts when it comes right down to it. So I want you to be my buddy, 'Buddy Bear.'" So I took ole' Buddy Bear by his island sized paw and I led him over to the still. Now he's a' sniffin' around that thing 'cause he's smellin' somethin' good. I gave him one of them jugs of honeydew vine water, he downed it upright, (looked like one of them damn bears in the circus sippin' sasparilly in the moonlight.) I gave him another and another and another 'fore I knew it, he'd downed eight of 'em and commenced to do the "bear dance." Two sniffs, a snort, a fly, a turn and a grunt; and it was so simple like the jitterbug it plumb evaded me.

And we worked ourselves into a tumultuous uproar and I's awful tired, went over to the hillside, and I laid down, went to sleep, slept for four hours, and dreamt me some tremulous dreams And when I woke up, Oh, there was God's yellar moon a' shinin' on the clear cool evenin'. And God's little lanterns just a' twinklin' on and off in the heavens, And my buddy the bear was a' missin'... yeah, you want to know somethin' else friends and neighbors, so was that still.

-- Spoken:
"That's a take. Wait, could uh.....you missed it?"

My Ipod played a weird shuffle on the way back from work, good but weird.
Descedents- Bikeage
Egyptian Lover-Egypt Egypt
Dio- Holy Diver
Gordon Lightfoot- Race among the Ruins
Dropkick Murphys- Rocky road to Dublin
Am I the only one who just lets it shuffle through all my music and actually sits through it.

That's quality stuff. Gotta love the Dropkick Murphy's, and the Descendents.

I'd like to catch the DM's when the pass back through Dallas again.

Dio, I'm burned out on, especially since Killswitch Engage redid that song, they've worn it out on the stinkin radio.

Yeah, you've seen how random my playlists are on here, I set it to shuffle and leave it for 2 weeks at a go.

Hey Gummi, Jimmy Buffett is one of my favorites. I can't remember which album God's Own Drunk is on, I was starting to think it was a figment of my imagination. lol
Easily one of the best concerts I've been to was Buffett.

That's quality stuff. Gotta love the Dropkick Murphy's, and the Descendents.

I'd like to catch the DM's when the pass back through Dallas again.

Dio, I'm burned out on, especially since Killswitch Engage redid that song, they've worn it out on the stinkin radio.

Yeah, you've seen how random my playlists are on here, I set it to shuffle and leave it for 2 weeks at a go.

DM is always good live, I havent seen them in a few years though. As for Dio, ive never heard that Killswitch cover. Maybe im hiding under a rock, I would of been more excited for The Last in Line. Im going to go clean out the garage now and have a smoke so im sure ill have some more when I get back.

Hey Gummi, Jimmy Buffett is one of my favorites. I can't remember which album God's Own Drunk is on, I was starting to think it was a figment of my imagination. lol
Easily one of the best concerts I've been to was Buffett.

I've got it on two different albums, Living & Dying in 3/4 Time, and You Had To Be There (1978 live album)

It's freakin genius. I've seen Buffett about 10 or so times in concert, and it's always a fantastic show. The parking lot before the show is a huge part of the experience, I get there several hours before show time just to walk the lot.

Gasman - anything that Clear Channel has their grubby little fingers in, will get worn out. That song was on XM for the longest time, and now is on local radio. :angry:

This morning on the ride in was a little weird:

David Allen Coe - She Used To Love Me A Lot

Gentleman Jim Reeves - My Lips Are Sealed

Willie Nelson - Milk Cow Blues

Disturbed - Voices

Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love

Gasman - anything that Clear Channel has their grubby little fingers in, will get worn out. That song was on XM for the longest time, and now is on local radio. :angry:

Im sure ive heard it then, I just dont usually pay attention to covers unless they are really good.

This mornings drive:
Slayer-Expendable Youth
The Carpenters-Superstar (started with me laughing, then I was balling by the time the baby baby baby part kicked in)
Ween- Ocean Man
Bouncing Souls- Hopeless romantic

I could of done without the carpenters this morning.

My boss on the phone constantly clicking the end of his ball point pen.........he does this every bleeping time he is on the phone.......very annoying. But he's the boss, what can I say!!:at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

My boss on the phone constantly clicking the end of his ball point pen.........he does this every bleeping time he is on the phone.......very annoying. But he's the boss, what can I say!!:at-wits-end::at-wits-end:

Give the man a felt tip, or at least a roller ball!

Oh I have told him how annoying he is. He really is a sweetheart so I know I can say that to him.

Believe me I have tried everything. I even gave him a pencil once and then he rat-a-tats it on the desk. :confused2:

Crossword puzzles? Soduko? Tic-tac-toe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back