The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost a ball on the 2nd shot of the round today.

I found that ball when playing hole #10.

Finding that ball may have turned my round around after a mediocre front 9 lol.

Finally gave in and went to the doctor. I haven’t been able to breathe for 3+ weeks now. It started to get worse with the addition of a nagging wheeze, turns out due to allergies I have asthma.

Doc prescribed me an inhaler and some allergy meds. She said it should clear up in a few weeks, and I can’t wait because I can’t remember the last time I took a normal breath or any breath for that matter without feeling like a sumo wrestler is sitting on me restricting my ability to complete a breath.

I’ve been stationed in San Diego twice now for over 8 years total time and prior to this year I never had any allergy problems. We got so much rain this winter, that areas that have always been brown in color are green. I think things are growing from all the water we got that had never grown before, and it has really messed with my head. Luckily Allegra and Claritin have worked just great for me. Sorry to hear yours escalated like it did

The allergens have been brutal this year. I would imagine Florida is very bad. I have been on a Flonase/Zyrtec cocktail for much of the spring/summer. It has not stopped raining which adds to the growth.

i do this and i think it’s been helping. zyrtec and a puff of flonase each morning. when they’re really bad, i’ll repeat before bed (against my dr and pharmacists recommendations haha)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pollen is so bad even the trees are sneezing.

1b93280dbbe2bfd5050cefaffc615865.gif

I have had allergy issues in the past, this is the first time it's caused asthma, but apparently humidity plays a big factor in it. Who knew? I did some research and over 25 million people have asthma and 60% of those people get it from allergies. It's so much more common than I ever realized.

My wife is the same way. She has had allergies forever and they turned into asthma later in life. She let it go until the breaking point one morning and went to the ER. You made the right decision to seek help, it would have gotten worse.

My wife is the same way. She has had allergies forever and they turned into asthma later in life. She let it go until the breaking point one morning and went to the ER. You made the right decision to seek help, it would have gotten worse.

I’m glad your wife is ok. I had no idea how common this was until I got it. I let it go for almost a month but the last couple of days I could barely finish a sentence without feeling like I was suffocating. It’s why I finally gave in and went to the doctor. The inhaler is almost instant relief and it’s really helped with the wheezing.

Finally gave in and went to the doctor. I haven’t been able to breathe for 3+ weeks now. It started to get worse with the addition of a nagging wheeze, turns out due to allergies I have asthma.

Doc prescribed me an inhaler and some allergy meds. She said it should clear up in a few weeks, and I can’t wait because I can’t remember the last time I took a normal breath or any breath for that matter without feeling like a sumo wrestler is sitting on me restricting my ability to complete a breath.
I have the same thing except I let it go for so long that I now have full blown asthma. When I was finally diagnosed my lung capacity was that of a 60 year old 5 ft tall women according to my Dr, considering I was 36 and much taller he thought he should do something. Now I am supposed tocarry that darn rescue inhaler everywhere but I forget it all the time. Still getting used to it.

I have the same thing except I let it go for so long that I now have full blown asthma. When I was finally diagnosed my lung capacity was that of a 60 year old 5 ft tall women according to my Dr, considering I was 36 and much taller he thought he should do something. Now I am supposed tocarry that darn rescue inhaler everywhere but I forget it all the time. Still getting used to it.

Wow, that's crazy! I don't know how you let it go so long, I thought I pushed it letting it go almost a full month, but once I started having trouble finishing a sentence I knew I had to go. I really can't believe how common it is, I had no idea allergies could do this. Hopefully in a couple of weeks to a month this will be gone, that's what the doc seemed to think.

I read exercise helps get your lung capacity back, have you tried that at all? I have been so bad about working out the last couple of months, I am hoping this is the kick I needed to get me back at it.

Wow, that's crazy! I don't know how you let it go so long, I thought I pushed it letting it go almost a full month, but once I started having trouble finishing a sentence I knew I had to go. I really can't believe how common it is, I had no idea allergies could do this. Hopefully in a couple of weeks to a month this will be gone, that's what the doc seemed to think.

I read exercise helps get your lung capacity back, have you tried that at all? I have been so bad about working out the last couple of months, I am hoping this is the kick I needed to get me back at it.

My wife rarely uses the inhaler although when she needs it its usually for a short period of time. I believe she is sensitive to some form of pollen so when its not blooming she is fine. She is not on any asthma medication and we have went on some strenuous mountain hikes and she did not need the inhaler. I think your lungs will be fine after your meds take effect and hopefully the allergen that is bothering you calms down.

Take your inhaler with you religiously even when you have been feeling fine for a while. I had to go to the car and get it for her while she had a very uncomfortable five minutes.

In my case it was you never knew how bad you were till you got better. I have gotten back to at least 90% of were I should be but it is taking a while to heal. The Dr said that he suspects that I have had asthma of some kind for a while, allergies just compounded it and made it a lot worse. He never ran a scope but he thought I had lots of scared tissue. So I am in for a long recovery, been on meds for 3 years and it is much better.

My wife rarely uses the inhaler although when she needs it its usually for a short period of time. I believe she is sensitive to some form of pollen so when its not blooming she is fine. She is not on any asthma medication and we have went on some strenuous mountain hikes and she did not need the inhaler. I think your lungs will be fine after your meds take effect and hopefully the allergen that is bothering you calms down.

Take your inhaler with you religiously even when you have been feeling fine for a while. I had to go to the car and get it for her while she had a very uncomfortable five minutes.

I think I will be fine once the meds kick in too. Pain in the a$$ right now, but I am sure once summer passes too it will be better. All the rain and humidity isn't helping.

In my case it was you never knew how bad you were till you got better. I have gotten back to at least 90% of were I should be but it is taking a while to heal. The Dr said that he suspects that I have had asthma of some kind for a while, allergies just compounded it and made it a lot worse. He never ran a scope but he thought I had lots of scared tissue. So I am in for a long recovery, been on meds for 3 years and it is much better.

That's so good that you are doing so much better.

Go for a run once you can breath again. A couple miles a few times a week will work wonders for you lungs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Went to the doc today to have this spot on my back/neck checked out. I didn't think much of it at first. Scratched it a few weeks ago at work and it bled like a stuck pig. It will scab over after about 20 minutes of fighting with it, but whenever it gets opened it bleeds like the first time. Just tired of fighting with it so I went to the doc.

He referred me to a dermatologist because he thinks it might be skin cancer. Hopefully, it's not or if it is, it was caught early. I'm already gonna miss one round of golf tomorrow because of it. If I miss too many, I'm gonna be cranky.
8e48aa28baaf7dd334c9eb1f53cf033f.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the doc today to have this spot on my back/neck checked out. I didn't think much of it at first. Scratched it a few weeks ago at work and it led like a stuck pig. It will scan over after about 20 minutes of fighting with it, but whenever it gets opened it bleeds like the first time. Just tired of fighting with it so I went to the doc.

He referred me to a dermatologist because he thinks it might be skin cancer. Hopefully, it's not or if it is, it was caught early. I'm already gonna miss one round of gold tomorrow because of it. If I miss too many, I'm gonna be cranky.
8e48aa28baaf7dd334c9eb1f53cf033f.jpg

Hoping for the best outcome for you OG!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your driver's side window doesn't roll down...perhaps you should go inside the restaurant!

How many of you have been next to the guy at the range Who is yelling at himself after each swing and dropping f & mf bombs because his shots suck. This guy today was putting on a show.....I finally asked him to tone it down because he was off the rails.

Having to fly to the most southern point of Texas for a 1.5 hr meeting tomorrow. This deal better close as it’s taking me 10 hrs to get there.

...ever hear of Webex?

Having to fly to the most southern point of Texas for a 1.5 hr meeting tomorrow. This deal better close as it’s taking me 10 hrs to get there.

...ever hear of Webex?

Brownsville, TX?

...ever hear of Webex?

laredo?

This is an inconsequential rant for the, but I am kinda frustrated with Callaway Rewards (I know, why complain about free stuff?).

As the months have gone by I have tried to use my points to get a new golf bag on several occasions, but every time I called to order the bag I was looking at was out of stock. So I just kept saving my points. I have saved enough points now to get the Ohio Alpha RTC bag. Well once I got to the 30k points reguired the bag was out of stock. Well last week the red RTC was in stock so I pulled the trigger on it. I was pumped to be getting a new bag. Another week goes by and it still hasn't shipped. I called Callaway Rewards today and they told me it was backordered again with no ship date assigned to it. What the heck? It was in stock when I ordered it and it showed as being in stock today. I just asked them to cancel the order. Maybe something else will catch my eye. There again whatever it is probably won't be in stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Anyone ever have steel siding repainted? I have an insurance claim going with our homeowners for some hail damage. Paint is chipping off the siding. They said they would pay to repaint 80% (roughly) of the house? From what I remember, it's never a great idea to paint steel siding. On top of that, I cannot seem to find anyone who can do the work. They said I can have the contractor submit documentation to say that it cannot be painted. But, siding companies won't tackle it at all unless it's a complete replacement. And, the painting companies aren't going to turn away the business as they wouldn't be the ones residing it.

They are replacing the roof, downspouts, a bunch of trim no questions asked. But, they think repainting part of a 27 year old house is sufficient? I hate dealing with insurance.

Anyone ever have steel siding repainted? I have an insurance claim going with our homeowners for some hail damage. Paint is chipping off the siding. They said they would pay to repaint 80% (roughly) of the house? From what I remember, it's never a great idea to paint steel siding. On top of that, I cannot seem to find anyone who can do the work. They said I can have the contractor submit documentation to say that it cannot be painted. But, siding companies won't tackle it at all unless it's a complete replacement. And, the painting companies aren't going to turn away the business as they wouldn't be the ones residing it.

They are replacing the roof, downspouts, a bunch of trim no questions asked. But, they think repainting part of a 27 year old house is sufficient? I hate dealing with insurance.

https://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-paint-metal-siding

The Official Rant of the Day

When you go to cook dinner only to realize -0 mins later the gas grill you lit is out of gas. Ugh.

Thankfully charcoal right next to it but adds some cooktime when kind of in a hurry.

When you go to cook dinner only to realize -0 mins later the gas grill you lit is out of gas. Ugh.

Thankfully charcoal right next to it but adds some cooktime when kind of in a hurry.

your mistake was using propane. always use charcoal. and not that lighter fluid soaked sh1t. treat yoself!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back