The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
My FedEx office deliveries are driving me insane. My office address is XXX Jackson Ave W. There is a XXX Jackson Avenue E. Same number. I don't get a lot of deliveries at the office but, about half the time, anything shipped FedEx to the office ends up there. Fortunately, I have not had any time sensitive documents end up there as those go through the main office, not my satellite. But I'm tired of having to chase down and take the time to retrieve packages they can't deliver as addressed.

I've called FedEx several times regarding this problem and been told they'll make a notation on the address for the local dispatcher. Yesterday, when I called to notify them of the incorrect delivery and once again ask for help I getting my stuff to the correct address, the CSR told me that I should add detailed instructions to whatever I order, or give them to whomever is shipping to me, to somehow be added to the shipment. He actually said the addresses are identical and therefore too difficult for a driver to have to figure it out. The addresses are not identical. I asked that even if that was true, how some things gets delivered properly? How do I not sometimes get the other businesses packages? No answer.

F.

The Official Rant of the Day

I have another rant. I am a loyal Callaway/Odyssey customer and have had an issue that I have been trying to get resolved. When I bought my clubs in March, my sales rep at the store asked if I was a Callaway rewards member and I said I thought so and gave him my email address. I then bought some woods and a driver from Callaway Preowned. The other day, I saw someone post that they got some balls from Callaway Rewards and I go and look at my account. Apparently, I had an account with Callaway but had not opted-in to the "rewards" account. So I officially signed up for the rewards account on July 10 and emailed customer service. They told me to gather my receipts and forward them to the Rewards email address to get credit. It took me some time, but I got all of the receipts and sent them in and received a response today that, per their legal terms and conditions, they cannot give me credit for purchases before 7/10/19.

Regardless of who is at fault, (most certainly me for not signing up for rewards before I purchased clubs) I am surprised by the response. Had customer service told me that they couldn't help, I would have been disappointed but not upset. The fact that customer service told me to gather my receipts from March and send to rewards to get credit is what makes me frustrated. Over 3300 reward points, they are willing to upset a loyal customer that they can see has bought directly from Callaway Preowned by looking at my account history? I was going to use the reward points to get a Callaway hat to promote their brand.

These are the kinds of things that happen in business that just don't make sense to me. I am sure there is a reason that legal has their terms and conditions to keep me from getting 3300 points for the $1650 I spent in March, but I can't believe people in customer service think this 10 day exchange is going to help make this customer happy. It is not the end of the world. I still like my Callaway clubs and Odyssey putter. I just wanted to rant.

Last edited:
I have another rant. I am a loyal Callaway/Odyssey customer and have had an issue that I have been trying to get resolved. When I bought my clubs in March, my sales rep at the store asked if I was a Callaway rewards member and I said I thought so and gave him my email address. I then bought some woods and a driver from Callaway Preowned. The other day, I saw someone post that they got some balls from Callaway Rewards and I go and look at my account. Apparently, I had an account with Callaway but had not opted-in to the "rewards" account. So I officially signed up for the rewards account on July 10 and emailed customer service. They told me to gather my receipts and forward them to the Rewards email address to get credit. It took me some time, but I got all of the receipts and sent them in and received a response today that, per their legal terms and conditions, they cannot give me credit for purchases before 7/10/19.

Regardless of who is at fault, (most certainly me for not signing up for rewards before I purchased clubs) I am surprised by the response. Had customer service told me that they couldn't help, I would have been disappointed but not upset. The fact that customer service told me to gather my receipts from March and send to rewards to get credit is what makes me frustrated. Over 3300 reward points, they are willing to upset a loyal customer that they can see has bought directly from Callaway Preowned by looking at my account history? I was going to use the reward points to get a Callaway hat to promote their brand.

These are the kinds of things that happen in business that just don't make sense to me. I am sure there is a reason that legal has their terms and conditions to keep me from getting 3300 points for the $1650 I spent in March, but I can't believe people in customer service think this 10 day exchange is going to help make this customer happy. It is not the end of the world. I still like my Callaway clubs and Odyssey putter. I just wanted to rant.
Customer Service is probably one of the easiest things to get right, but so many companies and employees fail at it. It's sad really.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Today's forecast is showing a heat index of ~129. I'm thinking that qualifies as hot.

I was raised on the belief that 'a complaint is a gift', it's an opportunity for a company to hear honest feedback and do anything they can to address it. In a lot of instances, the customer is more focused on getting someone to legitimately *listen* to their feedback, vs. any kind of financial recoupment. There is nothing worse than taking a legitimate issue to a company only to have them either argue with you, cite some 'rule' or limitation, or have your concern be minimized or dismissed. From the company's business vantage point, it's patently stupid to take a customer who is already dissatisfied, and make them even more so. There has been a copious amount of research showing that if you treat complaints as a gift, and exceed the dissatisfied customers expectations in addressing their concern, they are even more satisfied and loyal than a customer who was originally satisfied with a service or product. Research also has shown that a pissed off or dissatisfied customer is about 10x more likely to share their experience with others than is a happy one.

I have a hard time letting go when I'm unhappy about a transaction. I might ask to escalate your issue to the next level of decision-making. I might send them a link to this thread too, because crappy customer service leads to poor word of mouth and social media reputation.

There are some companies out there that 'get it' though. In the golf world, I'll give Arccos, Cobra Golf, and PXG major props for outstanding customer service. And I'm sure there are a ton of others that deserve praise.

My rant for today is about sandbaggers! I know we can all occasionally play better than what are handicap shows, but when I'm paired with a 20 handicapper playing from the blue tees that goes par, par, bogey, double bogey, par, birdie, I really question his handicap. His partner was a 33 handicap that didn't play quite as good but played a hell of a lot better then what I would Envision a 33 handicap.

I heard several stories from other golfers about their opponents far exceeding their handicap ability

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

Customer Service is probably one of the easiest things to get right, but so many companies and employees fail at it. It's sad really.

I was raised on the belief that 'a complaint is a gift', it's an opportunity for a company to hear honest feedback and do anything they can to address it. In a lot of instances, the customer is more focused on getting someone to legitimately *listen* to their feedback, vs. any kind of financial recoupment. There is nothing worse than taking a legitimate issue to a company only to have them either argue with you, cite some 'rule' or limitation, or have your concern be minimized or dismissed. From the company's business vantage point, it's patently stupid to take a customer who is already dissatisfied, and make them even more so. There has been a copious amount of research showing that if you treat complaints as a gift, and exceed the dissatisfied customers expectations in addressing their concern, they are even more satisfied and loyal than a customer who was originally satisfied with a service or product. Research also has shown that a pissed off or dissatisfied customer is about 10x more likely to share their experience with others than is a happy one.

I have a hard time letting go when I'm unhappy about a transaction. I might ask to escalate your issue to the next level of decision-making. I might send them a link to this thread too, because crappy customer service leads to poor word of mouth and social media reputation.

There are some companies out there that 'get it' though. In the golf world, I'll give Arccos, Cobra Golf, and PXG major props for outstanding customer service. And I'm sure there are a ton of others that deserve praise.
See my earlier post...

Today's forecast is showing a heat index of ~129. I'm thinking that qualifies as hot.

It didn't feel that hot to me today. I worked in the yard in the morning and got in an impromptu round at The Golf Club of Edmond in the afternoon.

What’s worse....

Uber/Lyft driver who doesn’t speak English and has zero clue what your trying to tel them

Or

Uber/Lyft driver that literally wont shut up and is only talking about their personal life?

I don’t mind some banter and friendly conversation. In fact, I welcome it most times. But there comes a point when, although I hope this conversation helps them out some way, I also don’t really care all that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my way to the course this morning, I fell down the stairs leaving the house. Slid to the bottom landing weird on my back and arm.

Not a good day to start the round with zero stretching or warmup.

#GonnaBeSoreTomorrow

On my way to the course this morning, I fell down the stairs leaving the house. Slid to the bottom landing weird on my back and arm.

Not a good day to start the round with zero stretching or warmup.

#GonnaBeSoreTomorrow

The good old Dustin Johnson. Hope you’re not hurting too much tomorrow.

I just drove 430 miles from visiting my 89-year old mother and my sister, helping them to get my sister's home ready for sale. On the way back, I stopped roughly halfway to pick up my wife who was visiting/tending to her hospitalized 88-year old mother, on the mend from a broken right wrist and hip. She felt compelled to go there for the third time in four weeks because my sister-in-law, who is an admin in a public school, and her retired husband wouldn't change their vacation at a family cabin and have gone radio silent for eight days, with four more days before they return. Meanwhile, my wife does as much or more for her mom from 200 miles away than the sister who lives five minutes away, but guess who gets all the kudos and guess who gets all the crap?

My daughter's divorce was finalized last week, and she's getting the house. He went completely crazy, but at least treated her more than fairly financially in the settlement. So I'm helping her with some small things around her home, including some of the heavier yardwork. Another timesink.

Since the weather warmed up, I've played exactly 27 holes of golf, with none on the near horizon.

However . . .

In addition to my weekend travels, the biggest reason for no golf is that my standing playing partner is getting ready for our second grandchild in another month or so.

My daughter is going to be OK. She's smart, hard-working, fun, and determined, not to mention attractive.

I'm glad my wife and I are able to help out family members, because someday either they won't be around or we'll be the ones needing the help.

Then I come to THP and read about people who are going through some Really Serious Stuff. Stuff I'm not sure I could manage nearly as well as I see fellow THPers handling.

So my life is pretty darn good, actually.

Littering...

Recently I have witnessed two people just roll their windows and toss trash out. I don't get it. What frame of mind do you have to be in to think that is ok???

Littering...

Recently I have witnessed two people just roll their windows and toss trash out. I don't get it. What frame of mind do you have to be in to think that is ok???

You have to be a worthless d bag to do that.

Okay, about a month ago I posted a rant about some dirtbags broke into our community mailboxes, don't know what, or how much, they got away with, and caused us to pick up our mail at the Post Office 15 miles away until they got them repaired. Here is a photo similar to what we have for mailboxes for our rural community:

main-qimg-c9a426efa21d9e0faffc47416ba5a987.webp

Well when I got home from work Friday, THEY WERE GONE! Nothing there but a broken up concrete pad where the mail boxes used to be. I'm guessing the USPS took them out for some reason, maybe putting in better, more secure version, but I don't know for sure, as there was no notice given to anyone, they were just gone! So no mail since Thursday, and haven't been able to contact anyone yet for more info.

Tweaked my back again. In a world of pain. Seems to happen about once per year. Just miserable.

Tweaked my back again. In a world of pain. Seems to happen about once per year. Just miserable.

That is no bueno, I remember when you did that last year. Rest up, hopefully lots of golf still to be played this year.

I can relate, awful. Sorry to hear it, quick healing mojo on the way!

If you're going to entertain yourself while waiting for your plane, at least use headphones. No one else in the terminal wants to hear it, especially when it's decidedly unfunny and gratuitously vulgar.

43cdc6776cffd10aa7f45e6a652c1444.jpg

How the dentist next door to my office parks out back.

43cdc6776cffd10aa7f45e6a652c1444.jpg

How the dentist next door to my office parks out back.

He would find himself crawling through his tailgate.

He would find himself crawling through his tailgate.

Even better....it'd a she.

Chaged the oil in the car after work. Drain plug slipped and fell perfectly into the hole in the top of the drain pan and plugged it up. That oil was mighty hot trying to fish it out of there before it overflowed. No blisters so far, but theres definitely still some pain.

Chaged the oil in the car after work. Drain plug slipped and fell perfectly into the hole in the top of the drain pan and plugged it up. That oil was mighty hot trying to fish it out of there before it overflowed. No blisters so far, but theres definitely still some pain.

Been there, it sucks. Keep a wet, cool rag on it and you should be good to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back