The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
very very small rant, but at a big box retailer yesterday and was annoyed and peeved at the lack of putters under 35" in length. i don't know how much of that is on the retailer, and how much of that is on the oem sell-in.

very very small rant, but at a big box retailer yesterday and was annoyed and peeved at the lack of putters under 35" in length. i don't know how much of that is on the retailer, and how much of that is on the oem sell-in.

I see this all the time. Richard's especially. Very few, if any, under 35"

Playing in league last night, been making an effort to play more to the "worst case" distance of my clubs than the "if I nut it" distance... Sure enough last night had an approach at 110yds... my thought land it at 100 and let it roll out. Anything less than 95 is in the water, 120 is in the trees behind the green. Of course I manage to hit the purest wedge of my life, and fly the green bounce on the back side and watch it trickle into the woods for OB. On one hand it felt great to of actually made a really solid shot, but the result was a kick in the pants.

Not cool, American.

bcab58ce11a73d8949fac6371634503b.jpg

Playing in league last night, been making an effort to play more to the "worst case" distance of my clubs than the "if I nut it" distance... Sure enough last night had an approach at 110yds... my thought land it at 100 and let it roll out. Anything less than 95 is in the water, 120 is in the trees behind the green. Of course I manage to hit the purest wedge of my life, and fly the green bounce on the back side and watch it trickle into the woods for OB. On one hand it felt great to of actually made a really solid shot, but the result was a kick in the pants.
I can't play golf that way, the mental meltdown that follows that shot is far worse than of I come up short. I won't hit another good shot the whole round.

Not cool, American.

bcab58ce11a73d8949fac6371634503b.jpg
On our layover at O'hare after passport control, I watched multiple bags literally get torn up by the baggage claim machinery because there were so many bags jamming up the belts. I've never seen a hard shell bag get destroyed like that before.

Time to put Cinco Ranch to bed. That place will drain the golf life out of you with the pace of play issues.

I think we start throwing Cypress Lakes or Meadowbrook Farms into the rotation.

We need to sync up for some golf gents!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drivers who can't understand how to get thru a roundabout!!! It is a yield sign, not a stop sign, flow into the circle.

On our layover at O'hare after passport control, I watched multiple bags literally get torn up by the baggage claim machinery because there were so many bags jamming up the belts. I've never seen a hard shell bag get destroyed like that before.

This is not a very rigid hard shell bag. There is some give in the shell.

By the time I got home from the airport, it had somehow popped most of the dent out itself. A few hours later and it's seemingly back to normal. It feels like there is still a very small indention in the corner, but it is not perceptible to the eye anymore.

Last edited:
Of course my daughter would get sick the day before we go to Great Wolf Lodge!

I can't play golf that way, the mental meltdown that follows that shot is far worse than of I come up short. I won't hit another good shot the whole round.

I actually managed to get up and down from the drop. It’s about the only thing I’m truly good at in this game, not letting that “poor” shot effect me....

Drivers who can't understand how to get thru a roundabout!!! It is a yield sign, not a stop sign, flow into the circle.

They have added many roundabouts here in Wilmington. The problem here is when one car from one entry point goes, the next 6 cars behind them go!

Why can't a single make a tee time online any more? I play as a single more often than not, but all but a couple of courses around here require two or more to reserve a tee time online, and most of those have the same requirement for phone reservations too. I'm left with having to walk on and hope I can get out without a ridiculous wait (or worse, not get out at all), which usually works out, but not always. When this first started around here it was just a select few courses, and they simply lost my business, but it is getting more and more common.

Just got my daughters competition schedule for next year. They have scheduled competitions 4 weeks straight with 3 of them being out of town and requiring travel with multiple overnight stays. WTF seriously?

i won't call out the company because they're thought of highly here on thp. but when a customer service rep emails back and says, "I have processed over 4,700 of the [promotional] forms this year and yours happened to contain a mistake. Sooooo sorry." the 5 "o's" were a smidge unnecessary.

nice job taking responsibility for your mistake. jeez...

i won't call out the company because they're thought of highly here on thp. but when a customer service rep emails back and says, "I have processed over 4,700 of the [promotional] forms this year and yours happened to contain a mistake. Sooooo sorry." the 5 "o's" were a smidge unnecessary.

Having worked in client facing positions a fair amount, that’s absolutely unprofessional and not ok in the slightest. Someone needs to know about that.

Why can't a single make a tee time online any more? I play as a single more often than not, but all but a couple of courses around here require two or more to reserve a tee time online, and most of those have the same requirement for phone reservations too. I'm left with having to walk on and hope I can get out without a ridiculous wait (or worse, not get out at all), which usually works out, but not always. When this first started around here it was just a select few courses, and they simply lost my business, but it is getting more and more common.

It must be a regional thing. Not really that surprised being in CA. I have zero problems ever doing so in Ohio. Still sucks and I could imagine that being awful as I schedule a decent amount of solo rounds

Having worked in client facing positions a fair amount, that’s absolutely unprofessional and not ok in the slightest. Someone needs to know about that.

she copied her bosses, so they know lol

Write back....that’s soooooo f’d up. Make sure it’s 6 o’s.

Send me a message with who it is and what you are dealing with so the right people can learn about this.

Wow. That is impressive.

it’s working out. but i’m in a pretty commoditized industry where the main differentiation is service. if i treated someone like that, i’d be fired by the client immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just got my daughters competition schedule for next year. They have scheduled competitions 4 weeks straight with 3 of them being out of town and requiring travel with multiple overnight stays. WTF seriously?

Sounds almost like what my brother goes through with my nephew. We hardly see him in the summer because there is always something going on with travel baseball. Now that he is in high school they actually travel less because of the school team in the spring. Of course it will pay off if his arm stays healthy with as many scouts get to see him every weekend.

The new world order.... take no personal responsibility and never be remorseful

The new world order.... take no personal responsibility and never be remorseful

bb22da2b8c776bf7c15acd8293fb4e9c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back