The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
congrats??

Yea that's a lot of ranting. Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15k is that the normal cut off? Or is based on size of file or what ever?

So here's my rant for today. In our department there are 3 people. 2 compliance officers and an operations person. We'll be letting go our 2nd person in 2 years because she can't get the necessary licensing completed. She's had 2 years to study for this exam and started last week. She gets 40s on her practice scores and needs 70 to pass. When she's let go I get to do all the operations stuff until we hire a replacement. Oh and the boss goes on maternity leave end of April so said new person has to be 100% autonomous or I'm going to have a mental breakdown doing 3 peoples jobs at once. When you have a requirement for a job why wouldn't you take that serious?

So here's my rant for today. In our department there are 3 people. 2 compliance officers and an operations person. We'll be letting go our 2nd person in 2 years because she can't get the necessary licensing completed. She's had 2 years to study for this exam and started last week. She gets 40s on her practice scores and needs 70 to pass. When she's let go I get to do all the operations stuff until we hire a replacement. Oh and the boss goes on maternity leave end of April so said new person has to be 100% autonomous or I'm going to have a mental breakdown doing 3 peoples jobs at once. When you have a requirement for a job why wouldn't you take that serious?

That's mind boggling that someone thinks they can get by for two years without doing required training or certification until the last minute. In my last company we had annual ethics, sexual harassment and cc security training that needed to be done. We were given usually 90 days from the time it went live. Amazing how many people waited until the last day to try and get all three in. while it didn't necessarily cost them their jobs if they didn't (the first time) it made their boss look bad on the compliance reports.

Sorry for your extra work load.

That's mind boggling that someone thinks they can get by for two years without doing required training or certification until the last minute. In my last company we had annual ethics, sexual harassment and cc security training that needed to be done. We were given usually 90 days from the time it went live. Amazing how many people waited until the last day to try and get all three in. while it didn't necessarily cost them their jobs if they didn't (the first time) it made their boss look bad on the compliance reports.

Sorry for your extra work load.

I've spent the last 2 weeks helping her understand concepts she should've had down about 18 months ago. Pretty sure the next one will have to come in with licensing already.

I see it all the time. Crazy how people slack and expect to get things done in time.

This really has no right to be in the rant thread - I apologize ahead of time.

Frost delay has my tee time moved back 2 hours. I was hoping to catch a yoga class at 1:00 pm, but I won't be done my round by then. Initial tee time was 8:15.

:beauty:

Turn signals - Texas drivers they are not optional equipment, please stop being d-bags and use them

Turn signals - Texas drivers they are not optional equipment, please stop being d-bags and use them

Maybe their blinker fluid ran out? Hehehe

Utah drivers are no better. If you happen to be one of the drivers that does use them, you have time it perfectly. Put blinker on and move immediately. If the other drivers see your intention to move, they speed up to cut you off. I thought I was semi crazy until they had a write up about it in the paper a few years back.

Maybe their blinker fluid ran out? Hehehe

Utah drivers are no better. If you happen to be one of the drivers that does use them, you have time it perfectly. Put blinker on and move immediately. If the other drivers see your intention to move, they speed up to cut you off. I thought I was semi crazy until they had a write up about it in the paper a few years back.

I struggle with whether it's ignorance of traffic laws, laziness or disrespect. If pressed I'd say disrespect because people in general suck. I really like dogs however.

In on page 1!

Leave it to Big Time to bring a smile on the Rant thread.

My rant is simple. ITS FREAKING COLD! What the heck is this? Why?

"Or best offer" on eBay is a joke.

No doubt. Was looking at new running shoes 150 OBO I offered 120 he countered at 149 I re offered at 130 he countered at 148.. What's the point?

It works sometimes, but extremely rare.

99% of the time the Best Offer they accept is 100% of the price.

Not much time, other than to say my day has been so bad, a good indication of it's 'badness' can be illustrated with this fact:

I just ate salad with a spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back