The Official Banter Away Thread

Greg Kulbick;n8890051 said:
I don't know why you can't remember things, but I'm pretty sure my problem is repeated head trauma.

Well mine wasn't "repeated" head trauma ... it was just a one time thing in 1975 when a golf club decided to put a hole in my head :banghead:

golfinnut;n8890097 said:
Well mine wasn't "repeated" head trauma ... it was just a one time thing in 1975 when a golf club decided to put a hole in my head :banghead:

Welp...this certainly explains a lot :alien:

Can someone come over and work on my neck? It is so stiff and hurts.

wubears71;n8890112 said:
Can someone come over and work on my neck? It is so stiff and hurts.
Throw some water on a hand towel, microwave it for maybe 10 seconds at a clip until it's a good temp, then wrap around your neck, then stretch it out.. I do that a couple times a weeks and helps immensely

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

greekelite;n8890122 said:
Throw some water on a hand towel, microwave it for maybe 10 seconds at a clip until it's a good temp, then wrap around your neck, then stretch it out.. I do that a couple times a weeks and helps immensely

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for the tip. I just rubbed a bunch of Tiger Balm on it. I may smell but it makes me feel good.

2 weeks at a satellite office for work start today. Same town, just absolutely no one here. I'll be lucky to see 3 people the next 2 weeks!

Time to catch up on some reading!

Neighbors bought a food truck and have been parking it in their driveway and now the street along with loading and unloading it right there in front of the house. I'm guessing it won't make it until the end of the month before the city makes them move it.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they even thought no one would mind considering our city is so anal about that kind of stuff.

wubears71;n8890151 said:
Neighbors bought a food truck and have been parking it in their driveway and now the street along with loading and unloading it right there in front of the house. I'm guessing it won't make it until the end of the month before the city makes them move it.

Honestly, I'm not sure why they even thought no one would mind considering our city is so anal about that kind of stuff.

Was kind of in the similar situation here not too long ago. Had a younger couple move into a house couple blocks down that he is starting his own BBQ business. He sets up shop around town during the day ect. But the trailer is huge so it was kind of an eye sore I thought. But his BBQ was freakin good so it got a pass for me lol But he has his own place downtown off of main street so the trailer is down there now. Other thing is while he was cooking you could smell it while I was mowing the yard all the time that didn't suck either lol

wubears71;n8890151 said:

In our old neighborhood the HOA would have cited him 30 minutes after it was parked, they were the freaking worst.

GolferGal;n8890056 said:
There is some major science behind that. Alzheimer patients will often revert back to when they were younger because that's the part of their memory that they still have.

i've also seen late stage patients like that enjoy playing with baby dolls and other children's toys.

GolferGal;n8890167 said:
In our old neighborhood the HOA would have cited him 30 minutes after it was parked, they were the freaking worst.

We don't have a HOA but Webster Groves is like a big HOA and is especially stringent on businesses. I'm sure they will give them some time to move it once it's cited as they are not out to ruin anyones livelihood. With as long as the people have lived in the area, I am just surprised that they didn't even consider where to store this monstrosity - they have to believe they are just on borrowed time before it gets cited.

2BFAST;n8890160 said:
Was kind of in the similar situation here not too long ago. Had a younger couple move into a house couple blocks down that he is starting his own BBQ business. He sets up shop around town during the day ect. But the trailer is huge so it was kind of an eye sore I thought. But his BBQ was freakin good so it got a pass for me lol But he has his own place downtown off of main street so the trailer is down there now. Other thing is while he was cooking you could smell it while I was mowing the yard all the time that didn't suck either lol

This is an artisan sausage food truck. Unfortunately for us, it doesn't smell at all. For being "artisan" I would expect the sausage to be hand-made and smoked, but I think it's all prepackaged.

golfinnut;n8890097 said:

Well now.... that gives me a new perspective and explains a lot....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The U Suck At Golf guys were at my home course today! Beau Rivage Golf & Resort in Wilmington, NC.

J.B. Cobb III;n8891983 said:
The U Suck At Golf guys were at my home course today! Beau Rivage Golf & Resort in Wilmington, NC.

Wow, those guys get around... just paid me a visit on Sunday....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thoughts going out to my good friend Obedt, the storm is not going to be a big one but just when the Island is geting back to normal any setback is not good.

I like these cool morning when it is 57 degrees.

Snickerdog;n8892369 said:

Hard pass - it's like a shock to the system when I go out for golf.

Sept fine, I need some heat in Aug.

two more 9 hole rounds and I've paid for my membership for the year, woohoo!

OITW;n8892376 said:

I am literally counting down the days until we see less humidity and some better temps. In case you are wondering it's 59 days, that's when the weather people say we will finally see some relief in the mornings and evenings. When I went to bed last night it still felt like 91 outside. It's 9am and it feels like 95 outside, eff this!

GolferGal;n8892394 said:
I am literally counting down the days until we see less humidity and some better temps. In case you are wondering it's 59 days, that's when the weather people say we will finally see some relief in the mornings and evenings. When I went to bed last night it still felt like 91 outside. It's 9am and it feels like 95 outside, eff this!

If the weather people say 59 it’ll be any number but that lol

Haha well it’s a trade off right better weather but then you get all the crappy snowbird drivers invading your highways

OITW;n8892376 said:

I don't mind 57 I can wear some golf clothing I don't get to in the summer, but I don't want to see those temps till October haha. I've been seeing things on social about the Farmers Almanac calling for another brutal winter. I really hope thats not the case.

jim54;n8892292 said:
thoughts going out to my good friend Obedt, the storm is not going to be a big one but just when the Island is geting back to normal any setback is not good.

I was thinking of my man obedt today as well! Hunker down my friend ... this should be an easy ride.

You kidding ... I'm still in shorts & short sleeves in 57* :act-up:

OITW;n8892441 said:
If the weather people say 59 it’ll be any number but that lol

Haha well it’s a trade off right better weather but then you get all the crappy snowbird drivers invading your highways

I can handle the snowbirds if it means better weather, I hate the heat. I hate it so much.

golfinnut;n8892447 said:
I was thinking of my man obedt today as well! Hunker down my friend ... this should be an easy ride.

Agreed, stay safe and hopefully it just brushes you guys and is nothing more than a bad thunderstorm.

jdtox;n8892445 said:
I don't mind 57 I can wear some golf clothing I don't get to in the summer, but I don't want to see those temps till October haha. I've been seeing things on social about the Farmers Almanac calling for another brutal winter. I really hope thats not the case.

We had a tough spring and it seemed like summer didn’t show up until July 4th so it cooling off is way too early.

I have the puma gear for all seasons lol

golfinnut;n8892451 said:
You kidding ... I'm still in shorts & short sleeves in 57* :act-up:

I was too, it was cold, I'm getting wimpy as I get older lol

My blue bar is filled woohoo

Back