The Official Banter Away Thread

Sounds like all of you need to invest in the "whole house" generator that kicks in when the power goes out

golfinnut;n8876768 said:
Sounds like all of you need to invest in the "whole house" generator that kicks in when the power goes out

I actually text my contractor while the power was out and told him to get this priced out for us, because as I was sitting there waiting for the power to go back on I could hear my neighbors whole house generator going.

GolferGal;n8876772 said:
I actually text my contractor while the power was out and told him to get this priced out for us, because as I was sitting there waiting for the power to go back on I could hear my neighbors whole house generator going.

They're incredible nice to have, especially if you're prone to power loss or experience significant delays in getting power restored. It's also helpful if you already have natural gas or propane already in place.

JohnSinVA;n8876776 said:
They're incredible nice to have, especially if you're prone to power loss or experience significant delays in getting power restored. It's also helpful if you already have natural gas or propane already in place.

We don't get a tone of outages, and we actually are one of the first ones to get power back, but we are also in Florida so you never know what could happen with tropical situations.

Outflow boundaries converging over your house is no fun. 1.5" of rain in the last 30 minutes, and still pouring...

Now up to 2" in 40 minutes.

we are also going to get a quote and most likely get it done, I priced it a few years ago it was about $12,000 I am hoping with new tech it has come down a bit. I looked at a self contained Diesel powered unit as gas is not available out here in the sticks without going to the big tank.

GolferGal;n8876772 said:

jim54;n8877027 said:
we are also going to get a quote and most likely get it done, I priced it a few years ago it was about $12,000 I am hoping with new tech it has come down a bit. I looked at a self contained Diesel powered unit as gas is not available out here in the sticks without going to the big tank.

I think it can be done for around $5K....I think.

GolferGal;n8877033 said:

We were looking at one recently because our power goes out a lot. We had one in a past house - worth it when it isnt broken.

Molten;n8877063 said:
We were looking at one recently because our power goes out a lot. We had one in a past house - worth it when it isnt broken.

A couple of years ago when we had a hurricane, we were without power for 36 hours, but not my neighbors behind us whose generator kicked on immediately and ran the entire time.

jim54;n8877027 said:

You'll likely still be hovering at or near 5 figures with a liquid fueled/cooled model. How big of tank do you need to get them to bring you gas?

GolferGal;n8877033 said:

We've got 1900sqft, and pricing a 16kw unit to run everything , it was looking like $6-7k installed. We've already got an inground LP tank, so its not as big a deal for us.

Greg Kulbick;n8877775 said:
We've got 1900sqft, and pricing a 16kw unit to run everything , it was looking like $6-7k installed. We've already got an inground LP tank, so its not as big a deal for us.

I was way off on the price. It’s going to be more like $10-15K which is way outside my budget.

I really, really want to play night golf. I saw some videos from other countries and it looks amazing (and expensive).

Kind of a sad, yet happy, day today. We moved our youngest into her dorm to start her freshman year at college. Sad that she will no longer be living at home full time but happy to see her starting the next phase of her life.

We have a family friend that will be nominated by Trump next week to become a federal judge. I was talking to her yesterday and it’s scary the lengths her family has to go through to keep the nut jobs away from her home and family - unlisted numbers, all personal property put on a trust including their home so no one can google where they live, etc. It makes me sick reading the online comments that personally attack her and her family.

Sox_Fan;n8878136 said:
Kind of a sad, yet happy, day today. We moved our youngest into her dorm to start her freshman year at college. Sad that she will no longer be living at home full time but happy to see her starting the next phase of her life.

That's great Sox! I've got 3 more to go. 2 of mine have already graduated & are on their own. One Junior year in college, the other 2 Senior & Freshman in High School. Now you know why I can't play golf very much. All my $$ goes to colleges! :banghead:

Work related .... I don't have the patience for incompetence! :at-wits-end:

Happy Friday THP!!!

KEV;n8878242 said:
Happy Friday THP!!!

Canadan;n8878252 said:
Helllllll yeah!

The weekend is upon us.

Heck yeah! And somehow I get to play golf this afternoon at a nice track !!

Reactions: KEV
Can someone watch my 3 year old so I can golf?

93civiccpe;n8878312 said:
Heck yeah! And somehow I get to play golf this afternoon at a nice track !!

Where you playing?

Back