The Official Banter Away Thread

93civiccpe;n8878312 said:
Heck yeah! And somehow I get to play golf this afternoon at a nice track !!

That's always a great way to end the week! This week has been an absolute blur with starting my new job and then family stuff every night. Tonight is date night with my wife celebrating our anniversary which will be great and I think I'll even get some golf in this weekend!

wubears71;n8878216 said:
We have a family friend that will be nominated by Trump next week to become a federal judge. I was talking to her yesterday and it�s scary the lengths her family has to go through to keep the nut jobs away from her home and family - unlisted numbers, all personal property put on a trust including their home so no one can google where they live, etc. It makes me sick reading the online comments that personally attack her and her family.
And she's probably done nothing more than spend her professional life being a competent lawyer, then judge.

Greg Kulbick;n8878640 said:
And she's probably done nothing more than spend her professional life being a competent lawyer, then judge.

Yep. The media called her a fighter for religious rights (i.e. anti gay rights). She has not worked on a single religious rights case in her entire career. I am very impressed with her. All she cares about is upholding the law - not changing it or interpreting it.

Companies who have people on staff that take every opportunity on social media to pile on another company thinking its funny leave me with a rather bad opinion of things.

Jman;n8878647 said:
Companies who have people on staff that take every opportunity on social media to pile on another company thinking its funny leave me with a rather bad opinion of things.

I saw something like that recently. It’s not a good look really. There are ways to take advantage of another company’s....challenges, without looking like a jackass.

dazeedmonds;n8878648 said:
I saw something like that recently. It’s not a good look really. There are ways to take advantage of another company’s....challenges, without looking like a jackass.

Sadly a couple of them have gotten REALLY consistent at looking bad by trying to be funny.

Has made my decision for what ball my HS will play this year easier.

Jman;n8878650 said:
Sadly a couple of them have gotten REALLY consistent at looking bad by trying to be funny.

Has made my decision for what ball my HS will play this year easier.

I wondered if that’s what you were talking about. It wasn’t a good look, just petty.

Jman;n8878647 said:

"Unbiased".

I still don't understand their angle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dazeedmonds;n8878654 said:
I wondered if that’s what you were talking about. It wasn’t a good look, just petty.

They need to think twice and type once.

I’ve had random iTunes purchases show up on my apple account. It all says they come from my appleTV. I’ve set all the restrictions on it and they were still happening. I was so confused.

Today some really random ones showed up and I realized that they were being made from my old appleTV we only use to airplay to our whole home audio setup. As we’ve been navigating through the 4K Apple TV, the remote has been navigating through the other one too and random things have been purchased.

Case closed. Sniff.

Attachments

• photo35897.jpg
    photo35897.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
wubears71;n8878676 said:
I’ve had random iTunes purchases show up on my apple account. It all says they come from my appleTV. I’ve set all the restrictions on it and they were still happening. I was so confused.

Today some really random ones showed up and I realized that they were being made from my old appleTV we only use to airplay to our whole home audio setup. As we’ve been navigating through the 4K Apple TV, the remote has been navigating through the other one too and random things have been purchased.

Case closed. Sniff.

Have a daughter by chance? Haha

MWard;n8878737 said:
Have a daughter by chance? Haha

Haha. 2. If they were deliberately making purchases I am pretty impressed as it’s not easy to gain access to this unit.

GolferGal;n8877811 said:
I was way off on the price. It’s going to be more like $10-15K which is way outside my budget.

found out i have some connections to get a deal on the generator but the install is still the pricy part and most installers want to make the profit on the generator up front so they won't install one they did'nt sell. going to keep looking and talking to folks to see what i can shake out

jim54;n8878747 said:
found out i have some connections to get a deal on the generator but the install is still the pricy part and most installers want to make the profit on the generator up front so they won't install one they did'nt sell. going to keep looking and talking to folks to see what i can shake out

Good luck! I found out it will be $2800-$3800 to run the gas and purchase the water heater, than add in the cost of the generator and install, so that’s probably out. Propane might be an option still, I’ll know more next week.

wubears71;n8878746 said:
Haha. 2. If they were deliberately making purchases I am pretty impressed as it’s not easy to gain access to this unit.

Clever girls, or some next level trolling by your hacker

GolferGal;n8878793 said:
Good luck! I found out it will be $2800-$3800 to run the gas and purchase the water heater, than add in the cost of the generator and install, so that’s probably out. Propane might be an option still, I’ll know more next week.

Gas is not an option out here without a tank install, which may not be so bad and I could basically bury it so the big sucker would not disturb my weeds that we call a lawn. I like the idea of diesel power since I work with it every day, but there is also the problem of long term storage with diesel.

It is one of those deals that like most things if we get one there will be no storms for the next few years and if we don't it is right around the corner...kind of like carrying a golf umbrella, almost certain to not rain if you have it.

GolferGal;n8878793 said:

Ours is propane!

Tylenol with codene before I go to bed to keep my bronchitis under check. And I’m passed out in 3,2,1...

GolferGal;n8878793 said:

I think it's just cheaper to deal with the power going out sometimes. Good Lord that's like a 10-12k bill by the time you're done. EASILY!

KEV;n8878323 said:
That's always a great way to end the week! This week has been an absolute blur with starting my new job and then family stuff every night. Tonight is date night with my wife celebrating our anniversary which will be great and I think I'll even get some golf in this weekend!

What anniversary? We just hit our 15th a couple days ago and are going out tomorrow night to celebrate.

93civiccpe;n8878981 said:
What anniversary? We just hit our 15th a couple days ago and are going out tomorrow night to celebrate.

11 years for us. It's crazy how that time has flown by.

And happy anniversary early!

MWard;n8878977 said:
I think it's just cheaper to deal with the power going out sometimes. Good Lord that's like a 10-12k bill by the time you're done. EASILY!

That’s a horrible idea. Thousands in food, work and time. Plus it certainly doesn’t hurt home values

Back